+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

LP_CANADA

Sep 4, 2019

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
"IRCC noted that the coronavirus pandemic has created uncertainty for Canadian citizens and permanent residents looking to sponsor their spouse. It will continue to seek innovative and compassionate ways to bring families together. "

Looks like it will be applicable for existing PR and Citizen applicants. What do you think?
We are coming under FAMILY CLASS. I believe they will consider FAMILY CLASS SPONSORSHIP as well. Many of them raised this question to IRCC on their twitter page. Let's see.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
We are coming under FAMILY CLASS. I believe they will consider FAMILY CLASS SPONSORSHIP as well. Many of them raised this question to IRCC on their twitter page. Let's see.
Question: What is your application category? And how are you in the family class. Someone Applied under E.E and with an outland spouse isn't family class. is it?.

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Hello Sara,

I was reading your posts and realized that we are kind of in the same situation, even my dependant is in India. I called IRCC to confirm if they are speeding up the application with an Outland dependent. The reply I got was ....The announcement made yesterday was only for Spousal Applications. However, IRCC is arranging more staff to work on every application that is currently in process.

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Question: What is your application category? And how are you in the family class. Someone Applied under E.E and with an outland spouse isn't family class. is it?.
If you are applying PR with family, they are considering something like this. I have below in my GCMS notes.

SPONSORSHIP - FAMILY CLASS AND REFUGEE
SPR Correspond Lang:
SPR Eligibility:

SPONSORSHIP - FAMILY CLASS
CSC Date:

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hello Sara,

I was reading your posts and realized that we are kind of in the same situation, even my dependant is in India. I called IRCC to confirm if they are speeding up the application with an Outland dependent. The reply I got was ....The announcement made yesterday was only for Spousal Applications. However, IRCC is arranging more staff to work on every application that is currently in process.
Thanks for your update !! I have raised the same question to IRCC on their twitter page. Yet to get reply from them. As a primary applicant /WP holder, we are also residing in Canada. They cannot put our application on hold with the comment like "overseas dependent". If so, it will be applicable for PR's and Citizens as well. I believe they will consider us as part Family Reunification. Let's see and hope for the best.

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Thanks for your update !! I have raised the same question to IRCC on their twitter page. Yet to get reply from them. As a primary applicant /WP holder, we are also residing in Canada. They cannot put our application on hold with the comment like "overseas dependent". If so, it will be applicable for PR's and Citizens as well. I believe they will consider us as part Family Reunification. Let's see and hope for the best.
Exactly, I was thinking that IRCC should allow the in-land applicant to land as a PR and this will automatically exempt the outland dependent from the travel restriction as they will be an immediate family member of a PR. I was hoping it works that way.

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Exactly, I was thinking that IRCC should allow the in-land applicant to land as a PR and this will automatically exempt the outland dependent from the travel restriction as they will be an immediate family member of a PR. I was hoping it works that way.
Yes. If there is a way to bring PR's/Citizen's dependent to Canada, it will be applicable for us too.

Reactions: LP_CANADA

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
If you are applying PR with family, they are considering something like this. I have below in my GCMS notes.

SPONSORSHIP - FAMILY CLASS AND REFUGEE
SPR Correspond Lang:
SPR Eligibility:

SPONSORSHIP - FAMILY CLASS
CSC Date:

I thought that was default for everyone. Can anyone who applied a single confirm if they don't have this on the 2nd page of their gcms?

mrbhush

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Chennai
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Stream: CEC
AOR: 09 Aug 2020
Main Applicant: Canada (inland)
Spouse + 2 children : India (outland)
waiting for Bio-metric exemption (Bio-metric done for WP visa on Jan 2019)
waiting for Medical results...

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
AOR October 2019, main applicant inland with outland dependents. Got PPR on March 8 but all our passports returned from VO without stamping and no COPR inside three months after. Called several times IRCC and once we were told that they had sent us PPR by mistake and application yet to be finalized. As per GCMS notes all stages exept security marked passed. security not started. Last week got update on medicals section in EE account that you do not need medical exam instead of previous - you passed the medical exam on November 2019. So waiting for an extension or remedical request or whatever else IRCC can bring as news for us.