+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi all,

I would like to know whether any of you received any updates on your PR application? I am also in a situation similar to yours, have one outland dependent.

My timeline is:
RNIP - Paper based PR application
Inland applicant with 2 dependents ( 1 inland and 1 outland)

AR - Sep 28, 2020
AOR - Jan 22, 2021
MP - April 27, 2021 (extended previous medical to April 27, 2022)

Mariam t

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hi,
i would like to know if anyone as tried to apply for TRV from inside canada and how long it took.

For me, no update on PR application coz of outland dependent . AOR june 3rd. Ghost update last week due to expired medical. I have applied to renew my TRV so as to travel and see my family and be able to enter the country again. This usually take 1 week or less before but i have not gotten any update in over 3 weeks now.

Anyone in the same boat.

At least if they wont unite us with our families, we can as well unite ourselves by going back home.

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi,
i would like to know if anyone as tried to apply for TRV from inside canada and how long it took.

For me, no update on PR application coz of outland dependent . AOR june 3rd. Ghost update last week due to expired medical. I have applied to renew my TRV so as to travel and see my family and be able to enter the country again. This usually take 1 week or less before but i have not gotten any update in over 3 weeks now.

Anyone in the same boat.

At least if they wont unite us with our families, we can as well unite ourselves by going back home.
Tried to renew TRV in March, but still not approved it. Have TRV application is in place for outland dependent as well, that too on hold !!!!! Dont know what to do :(

Mariam t

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Tried to renew TRV in March, but still not approved it. Have TRV application is in place for outland dependent as well, that too on hold !!!!! Dont know what to do :(
whao, they are not allowing the reunification through PR and now we cant even get TRV on time to go see our families. This is ridiculous.

• Sad
Reactions: JJAiden

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
whao, they are not allowing the reunification through PR and now we cant even get TRV on time to go see our families. This is ridiculous.
My spouse's TRV applied outside Canada got refused even with medical compassionate grounds. Also TRV applied within Canada are taking 3-4 months. We do have an option to apply TRV within Canada and get it stamped in our home country provided VFS is open. There is always risk with uncertainty due to stupid Covid.

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
My spouse's TRV applied outside Canada got refused even with medical compassionate grounds. Also TRV applied within Canada are taking 3-4 months. We do have an option to apply TRV within Canada and get it stamped in our home country provided VFS is open. There is always risk with uncertainty due to stupid Covid.
that's true!! We cant predict the processing time!! How long they are planning to hold our PR application because of outland dependent :(

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
I wouldn't be so sure that IRCC does not issue TRV visas.
For example, my Friend is a PA in Canada and his wife is in Europe so she got her TRV approved within 2 weeks - that happened 1 month ago.
I guess each case is different. Hang on there!

Nov 21, 2020
That's unfortunate. Did you try applying for spouse work permit?

Viharpatel123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi,

Anyone in the same boat.

TRV takes long time. Applied one month ago no update

Ommatch

Aug 19, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-11-2020
Hi,

Anyone in the same boat.

I am in same boat with PR in progress and dependent outland.i applied for TRV on 16 December, did not get any update till date

• Sad
Reactions: JJAiden

Ommatch

Aug 19, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-11-2020
Anyone with Nov 2020 AoR and dependent outland ? Want to check the PR application status.Mine is all passed only security Not started.

svk.dec25

Star Member
Apr 13, 2021
First of all, I don't want to discourage you by stating my story. I applied for TRV in Feb and PR on March. I wasn't sure how long it might take to process my PR and with the current COVID situation in India it was essential to have a VISA for traveling in case of any medical emergency back there.
As I am CEC inland with inland dependent , my PR was approved in late May ( did not expected to be processed this quick under the current timelines).
My TRV application is still in "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility." stage, which means that they have not started reviewing my TRV application.
I think for cases where PR and TRV applications are going side by side, they prefer processing the PR.
If you want then you may try calling IRCC to request for prioritizing the TRV application before PR. But I wouldn't suggest this.

Reactions: shredder