+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Today morning, I have received an update from VFS saying that the decision package is sent. And just a couple of hours after that I received this email, my GC key account is updated with my spouse's counterfoil details and the PR application is moved to the Approved status.
Awesome. It means your spouse passport is approved. Good news. Mine was returned because they said photo was not correct. Did you use any online tool to create the right size photograph?

Sanjays2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
@Sanjays2021 I made the payment for pick-up but I didn't receive any acknowledgement so far (almost an entire day). Didn't get any confirmation. Is it normal?
Hi !! You will not receive any confirmation for payment but instead you will receive an email with AWB number .. that’s the confirmation on your payment !
When the package reached to Delhi VFS . You may receive an email with payment receipt !

Sanjays2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
My Package was picked by VFS on17th Dec and reached Delhi on 20th Dec. And on the 30th I got an update that the package is sent. It approximately took ten days (calendar) to stamp and send it back.
Congratulations!! How did you manage to get the right photos man? My dependent passport was returned twice due to photographs issue and it’s third time I am sending !!

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Congratulations!! How did you manage to get the right photos man? My dependent passport was returned twice due to photographs issue and it’s third time I am sending !!
Hi , I guess for Hard copy you will not have any issues, straight away 50*70 is the standard format. If you go to any photo studio they will give you the correct photo

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Hi All,

I received my PR confirmation mail on 24/12/21 and Portal credentials on 30/12/2021, any idea how much will it take to get ECOPR and PPR.
And also i saw in the thread there are so many of them receiving passports back due to Photo issue. From hyderabad can any suggest good photograp.

Sanjays2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
Hi , I guess for Hard copy you will not have any issues, straight away 50*70 is the standard format. If you go to any photo studio they will give you the correct photo
I don’t see any issue with 50*70 mm dimensions
But here prob is something else and we were not sure what’s wrong in that
It became a scary thing for us!

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
@Sanjays2021 Did you use any online tool for editing pictures which someone shared here yesterday? I am trying that tool but my pictures way off from what that tool is suggesting. My manual measurements seem correct (i.e. 50*70; 34-36 mm chin-crown). Not sure IRCC will accept or not. This is stressful and expensive.

pkurapat

Nov 11, 2021
Awesome. It means your spouse passport is approved. Good news. Mine was returned because they said photo was not correct. Did you use any online tool to create the right size photograph?
Thank you @anisha1992

I had my colleague from J&K who has faced the same issue. I have asked my spouse to get both digital and passport-sized photos with IRCC spec and used the link to - https://passport-photo.online/en-ca/ca_pr_card_photo correct them. Then again I have sent the digital copy to my spouse to take the print passport photo and sent it to IRCC. I'm glad this worked for my spouse.

When I did the same for my eCoPR, the portal was not accepting the photo edited from the above link. I had to take three photos for my eCoPR.

Thank you @Sanjays2021 - I hope your photographs go through this time. The UPS Store guy who took my pic for the third time was saying that IRCC had an update to their site to automate the review of photos as it will reduce the manual overhead on the VO and these photo rejections are the result of it.

pkurapat

Nov 11, 2021
@Sanjays2021 Did you use any online tool for editing pictures which someone shared here yesterday? I am trying that tool but my pictures way off from what that tool is suggesting. My manual measurements seem correct (i.e. 50*70; 34-36 mm chin-crown). Not sure IRCC will accept or not. This is stressful and expensive.
@anisha1992 / @Sanjays2021 - I believe the photos are being rejected not because of dimensions, I think it's because of pixel resolution and brightness.

Sanjays2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
No @anisha1992 .. i haven’t used any online tool ! Also we measured chin to crown size is 34mm.
Our package was picked up today! No idea what will happen this time and it’s very stressfull !

Sanjays2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
Thank you @anisha1992

I had my colleague from J&K who has faced the same issue. I have asked my spouse to get both digital and passport-sized photos with IRCC spec and used the link to - https://passport-photo.online/en-ca/ca_pr_card_photo correct them. Then again I have sent the digital copy to my spouse to take the print passport photo and sent it to IRCC. I'm glad this worked for my spouse.

When I did the same for my eCoPR, the portal was not accepting the photo edited from the above link. I had to take three photos for my eCoPR.

Thank you @Sanjays2021 - I hope your photographs go through this time. The UPS Store guy who took my pic for the third time was saying that IRCC had an update to their site to automate the review of photos as it will reduce the manual overhead on the VO and these photo rejections are the result of it.
This is going to be a panic situation and most of us going under mental n emotional pressure coz staying away from family for longer period is not at all easy! We are too scared this time whether they will accept it or not !