+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Nov 21, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

I called IRCC regarding extension of my work permit (by applying for a new one), and was advised that I cannot include my overseas dependent on my new work permit application. I believe this is inaccurate information and from what I understand I can put my dependent on my application. Could you please give your input?

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

I called IRCC regarding extension of my work permit (by applying for a new one), and was advised that I cannot include my overseas dependent on my new work permit application. I believe this is inaccurate information and from what I understand I can put my dependent on my application. Could you please give your input?
I had put my spouse on work permit extension as I was being told by the IRCC agent that it is possible . It’s basically spouse open work permit application
However, my application was accepted in 10 days while my SOWP is still under process for the last 4 months …

VPPP

Jul 26, 2021
I had put my spouse on work permit extension as I was being told by the IRCC agent that it is possible . It’s basically spouse open work permit application
However, my application was accepted in 10 days while my SOWP is still under process for the last 4 months …
When you say accepted means approved?

Nov 21, 2020
Yes. I think the difference in your case is that you get approved first and then applied for SOWP, correct? I want to apply for work permit extension and put overseas dependent on the same application. Not sure if this is possible?

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Yes. I think the difference in your case is that you get approved first and then applied for SOWP, correct? I want to apply for work permit extension and put overseas dependent on the same application. Not sure if this is possible?
No I applied together along with my spouse. Even though you apply together, it is still processed separately and that is why my application was accepted in 10 days while my spouse application is still under process

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Local MP Contacted IRCC today. Quite detailed response from IRCC within an hour to them.
Only important thing I got from the email is "Bring Forward Date- 15 August 2021" Hopefully this day my file will see some progress. Fingers crossed.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-is-bfd-explained.39705/
@tajindertj
I have the same date(15 Aug 2021) on my file too. Local MP sent me an email 2 weeks ago. Let’s see. Good luck.

Reactions: tajindertj

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

You cannot add your spouse to a work permit extension as that is your application. However, if you have a status in Canada that allows you to work, your spouse may be eligible for a SOWP. You can though file a SOWP along with your own WP extension. They will be separate applications and processed separately.

SathyaPriyatharsini

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hey guys I am inland and my spouse is outland (India). My AOR was Sept 2020 and about a week ago I received a request in my cic a/c asking to confirm residential address for myself and my spouse. Earlier this week, I received an email in regards to using the PR portal and I did confirm the email address I wish to use and that I will act on my spouse's behalf. Today I have received portal log in user name and password for myself and I have already updated my address and photo.

My question is will it just be me that gets the eCOPR and my spouse will get PPR request sometime after the Indian flight ban is lifted or will they hold my eCOPR as well?
Congrats and good to hear Indian dependants are getting copr :)

Reactions: Mann Gill

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
I have been waiting for more than 15 days for my photo and address to be approved.... not sure how long will it take... I don't have e-copr and in cic account it's not approved yet. I have tried to call IRCC but can't get a agent and its always hang up...

How you guys are contacting IRCC? please advice. Thanks.

Shik18

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
I have got 2 ghost updates in this week. First one on Monday and got another yesterday. In the first ghost update my medical status changed to “ medical not needed “ . No updates in 2nd ghost update. Any one else received ghost update this week??
AOR: Sep2020

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
I have been waiting for more than 15 days for my photo and address to be approved.... not sure how long will it take... I don't have e-copr and in cic account it's not approved yet. I have tried to call IRCC but can't get a agent and its always hang up...

How you guys are contacting IRCC? please advice. Thanks.
Did you receive PPR yet for your dependant or no?...