+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Primary v/s Secondary Applicant for Canadian EE

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Okay, understood. Me and my wife are currently in USA and working. Due to a unique visa situation that we are in, I think we may not be able to leave USA before October of 2019. We are thinking of decline this invitation and hope that we get ITA again at a later point. Any other suggestions to counter this? Our 60 day period to submit PR application ends on 25th September 2018.

Thanks.
You cannot even go for a day and come back? If so then drop plans for PR altogether for few months and get priorities in order first, coz currently the pace at which Canada is processing PR for USA residents, you might even get a decision within 2 months of submitting application.

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
You cannot even go for a day and come back? If so then drop plans for PR altogether for few months and get priorities in order first, coz currently the pace at which Canada is processing PR for USA residents, you might even get a decision within 2 months of submitting application.
Oh well, from your previous answer, it looks like we can enter Canada within 1 year of medical tests. Hence , if they approve our PR within 2 months of 4 months or 6 months should not even matter, right? Date-wise, what matters is 1 year deadline from the day medical tests are conducted.

Thanks.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Oh well, from your previous answer, it looks like we can enter Canada within 1 year of medical tests. Hence , if they approve our PR within 2 months of 4 months or 6 months should not even matter, right? Date-wise, what matters is 1 year deadline from the day medical tests are conducted.

Thanks.
Yes. No offence, this PR is more like a backup plan for you from the sounds of it if things dont work out in USA?

john.cena

Aug 1, 2019
Hi all,

I have a question. Let's say that the Primary Application whose score is 480 gets an ITA, will the secondary applicant whose score is 430 be able to join the primary applicant for the PR?

Thanks

Richa chhabra

Apr 27, 2021
Thanks for your reply again. There we no points claimed on my education, language or IELTS score. My wife got her ITA purely based on her qualification. Now that she got an ITA, we have a chance of tagging myself along, and submit my PCC, medical, employment records, education records etc. My wife would be primary applicant (because she got an ITA), and I'll be secondary applicant, because I didnt a ITA independently, and just tagging along with her application.
Hi, what docs did you provide in your work history?