Interview........
No
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
No
I have submitted my Spouse Sponsorship documents to CIC office in May 2014 and I have received a letter from Citizenship and Immigration in July 23rd 2014 that I am eligible for sponsorship as I am default of my previous undertaking(sponsored my previous wife in 2007). Initially my file was transferred to London Office for further processing as I ticked marked the box to process it.
My previous wife went on welfare after we separated and I have no idea about it as I had no contact with her. I also have not received any notification from any agency during the period from 2007 to 2014 that I owed money from my previous undertaking.
After getting the letter I have contacted the Social welfare and made arrangement to make full payment of my debt. Now I am no longer default of my previous undertaking.
I need your advice as after making full payment of my debt and submiting all evidence of this to CIC , Is there going to be any issue with my case?. Should I withdraw my application and reapply? please advise.
I also send an email to London Office (more than 30 days ago) but have not received any response from them as yet.

Thank you

kenliang1008

Mar 6, 2015
I have read your post regarding the previous undertaking and would like to ask you some questions.

We have the same issue about the “previous undertaking”, the difference is I am sponsoring my parents and has been waiting for 5 years to finally get to the process stage and found out that my husband’s (he is the cosigner) ex-wife has received welfare after they got divorced. We have selected to continue to proceed even if we are ineligible, which give us some time to fix this. But the thing is we don’t know how much time we have before they make the final decision and close my case.

We have called Overpayment Recovery Unit immediately when we got the letter from CIC, but they said they don’t have any records in their system. Then we sent a letter back to CIC, ask them to provide more detail information about the default in previous undertaking. And promised that we are willing to repay the full amount of any welfare that her ex-wife took which my husband was not aware.

After we sent out the letter to CIC, the recovery unit called and said that they found out his ex-wife did receive the welfare back in 2004/2005, but they need 4 to 6 weeks to figure out how much his ex-wife took so that we can make the payment.

Could you tell me in your case how long it takes from you contacted Social welfare to make a full payment and submitted the proof (from Social Welfare) to CIC?

After you sent the proof, how long it takes for them to update your record and make you no longer on "Default" status?

Thanks in advance.

neepk

Oct 28, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13th 2014
Doc's Request.
No
File Transfer...
July 31 2014
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
No
I got required information from Social Welfare after 5 weeks and after making the full payment I waited again two weeks to get approval letter.
I have already emailed all this information to London Office(as my file transfred there) but I havent heard back any thing from them as yet.

neepk

Oct 28, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13th 2014
Doc's Request.
No
File Transfer...
July 31 2014
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
No
I got a letter from Ministry of Community and Social Services, Ontario,. CPC mississauga will not send you any letter.

kenliang1008

Mar 6, 2015
OMG, 5 weeks to get the info from welfare centre and 2 weeks to get the approval letter, what a efficient government!!!!

You have mentioned that, the CIC has changed your default status to eligible sponsor, when did that happen and which office confirmed that, Mississauga or London local office?

Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

neepk

Oct 28, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13th 2014
Doc's Request.
No
File Transfer...
July 31 2014
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
No
I DID NOT MENTION THAT CIC MISSISSAUGA CHANGED MY DEFAULT STATUS. THEY CANNOT. BUT THEY ADVISED ME TO PROVIDE THE PROOF THAT YOU HAVE PAID ALL YOUR DEBT AND FORWARD THAT INFO TO LONDON OFFICE. WHICH I DID. I AM STILL WAITING FOR ANY RESPONSE FROM THEM. I DID CALL CIC MISSISSAUGA COUPLE OF TIMES AND THEY HAVE RECEIVED MY PROOF BUT THEY ADVISED ME TO CONTACT LONDON OFFICE FOR FURTHER UPDATE.

neepk

Oct 28, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13th 2014
Doc's Request.
No
File Transfer...
July 31 2014
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
No
Dont worry I will update you. Are you in Mississauga?

kenliang1008

Mar 6, 2015
Yes, I am in Toronto and my parents are staying with me right now(with super visa). My application is currently at Mississauga. I have called CIC last week, the agent said no need to withdraw my application at this point and my case probably will stay at Mississauga or transfer to CPC-Ottawa, it usually takes about 3 months. The agent also told me that, there will be another officer reviews my case and he/she can revise the previous decision which the first officer had made, there’s a chance but not 100% guaranteed. So I need to get the welfare settled before the second officer review my application.

Violet11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
ARC submitted April 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
I have a similar situation but my husband was called in for an interview. I paid the money but I did not informed the visa office because I was waiting for the official clearance. My husband attended the interview and brought a letter that confirms that I paid the money, I also wrote a letter that I was waiting for the official letter that states that they close the file. The officer that interviewed my husband is giving us two more months to send the official clearance. My advice- do not withdraw the application. An agent in the call centre told me that Mississauga makes a recommendation and the visa office makes the final decision. As long as the debt is paid before the visa office reviews the application you should be okay.
Good luck

neepk said:
I have submitted my Spouse Sponsorship documents to CIC office in May 2014 and I have received a letter from Citizenship and Immigration in July 23rd 2014 that I am eligible for sponsorship as I am default of my previous undertaking(sponsored my previous wife in 2007). Initially my file was transferred to London Office for further processing as I ticked marked the box to process it.
My previous wife went on welfare after we separated and I have no idea about it as I had no contact with her. I also have not received any notification from any agency during the period from 2007 to 2014 that I owed money from my previous undertaking.
After getting the letter I have contacted the Social welfare and made arrangement to make full payment of my debt. Now I am no longer default of my previous undertaking.
I need your advice as after making full payment of my debt and submiting all evidence of this to CIC , Is there going to be any issue with my case?. Should I withdraw my application and reapply? please advise.
I also send an email to London Office (more than 30 days ago) but have not received any response from them as yet.

Thank you

neepk

Oct 28, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13th 2014
Doc's Request.
No
File Transfer...
July 31 2014
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
No
Can you please PM me your Time line, if you dont mind.

Violet11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
ARC submitted April 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
I submitted the application in August 2014,
resubmit forms Oct 2015
Decision made the end of Nov 2014 but didn't received the letter until January 2015
I was not approve as a sponsor because of a previous undertaking, which I also did not know. In the meantime the application was forwarded to the visa office because I checked the box to continue processing the appl.
I requested the information from ORU in January 2015 and I received it in March 2015. My husband was called for an interview but the visa office did not know I paid the money. I wrote a letter which my husband took with him and we were given 60 days to submit the official clearance from ORU. I hope to have it by the end of this month

kenliang1008

Mar 6, 2015
It's been over 6 weeks now, the welfare centre still couldn't figure out how much my husband's ex-wife took. I don't how much time we have left before the second decision made. So desperate!!! What else we can do?

neepk

Oct 28, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13th 2014
Doc's Request.
No
File Transfer...
July 31 2014
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
No
Got GCSM notes today. Last notes created on 2015/01/27 shows File to EM for refusal decision. Dont know what to do, havent received any email or letter as yet for refusal.