+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previous refusal how to explain

Rommie12

Jan 29, 2018
Hi being indian citizen i am going to apply for canada visitor visa but i was having previous refusal from schengen country but need to knw below points:
1. Should i have to attach previous refusal letter with application for canada visa
2. Or pls advise should i have to explain this in cover letter also
3. At present i am living UAE on work permit from last 4 years so will this consider my travel history....

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi being indian citizen i am going to apply for canada visitor visa but i was having previous refusal from schengen country but need to knw below points:
1. Should i have to attach previous refusal letter with application for canada visa
You must state the refusal reasons in Question 2b of the Background Information section of the TRV application form. You can reference/include the refusal letter (if you have one).

2. Or pls advise should i have to explain this in cover letter also
Do explain in the cover letter + the TRV application form

3. At present i am living UAE on work permit from last 4 years so will this consider my travel history....
No, your stay in the UAE is long-term. It is not travel history.

Travel history = Travel to countries like the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ, etc

Rommie12

Jan 29, 2018
Thanks for reply ...as you said regarding travel history that my uae stay will not be considered as travel history then pls advise what i should do now...
Also i would like add here which i didnt mention earlier that i had got tourist visa of singapore...malaysia...thailand....south korea... japan....south africa will it help me...but unfortunately i didnt travel

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Also i would like add here which i didnt mention earlier that i had got tourist visa of singapore...malaysia...thailand....south korea... japan....south africa will it help me...but unfortunately i didnt travel
Travel to Japan could possibly have helped. The other countries do not add to Travel History.

That being said, it is not necessary that a TRV applicant should have traveled to other countries first before applying for a TRV. You must focus on providing solid evidence to prove that you have reasons to return to UAE (your employment + your immigration status in UAE + lease agreement + financial investments + dependent family members, etc). You can also include evidence of your strong ties to your home country (along the same lines)

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
@Bryanna i applied TRV from UAE (Online )
applied on 4th may 2018
Eligibility review started on 17th May
Today 19th may refusal email came

below reasons
1. immigration status in country of residence
2. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
3. Current employment situation

FYI i am working with shipping company from 2008 and i have my parents living in UAE from past 25 Years
recently got married to PR holder , we applied TRV mentioning we want to travel together to canada and upon my return we will apply dependent visa

now she booked her tickets since my visa rejected for above reasons

please help with your expert advise if i should reapply with above explanations or directly apply for open work permit ( spousal)

any chance of getting TVR ( is it worth trying again )

also i dont understand point no. 1 & 3 where i provided my 6 months salary slips along with bank statement & company HR NOC letter

please help

Singh_299652

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
@Bryanna i applied TRV from UAE (Online )
applied on 4th may 2018
Eligibility review started on 17th May
Today 19th may refusal email came

below reasons
1. immigration status in country of residence
2. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
3. Current employment situation

FYI i am working with shipping company from 2008 and i have my parents living in UAE from past 25 Years
recently got married to PR holder , we applied TRV mentioning we want to travel together to canada and upon my return we will apply dependent visa

now she booked her tickets since my visa rejected for above reasons

please help with your expert advise if i should reapply with above explanations or directly apply for open work permit ( spousal)

any chance of getting TVR ( is it worth trying again )

also i dont understand point no. 1 & 3 where i provided my 6 months salary slips along with bank statement & company HR NOC letter

please help
Senior can guide better, but in my opinion
Directly try Open work permit, you will get that. Since UAE don't give residency status so it impacted negatively, and also your spouse is in canada, it may have negatively impacted your application, assuming you may over stay.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna recently got married to PR holder , we applied TRV mentioning we want to travel together to canada and upon my return we will apply dependent visa
It's quite normal to be refused a TRV in these circumstances as the visa officer believes you want to circumvent the spousal PR wait times.

or directly apply for open work permit ( spousal)
You're not eligible for an open work permit. You could have applied for an open work permit if your job is LMIA-exempt (without going through the spousal PR process).... or if you apply for PR via the inland route and submit an application for an open work permit (you must be a temporary resident living in Canada to apply for this).

It's best to start spousal PR process (outland application). IMO, there's no point in reapplying for a TRV

Reactions: Preet_Singh

sdhume

Mar 7, 2018
Hi,

I had applied for visitor visa to canada and it was denied on the grounds that I have strong family ties in Canada and purpose of visit not clear.

I am planning on reapplying for it as I now have a valid US tourist Visa and also my parents have Candian and US Tourist Visa.We will all be travelling together.

My question is do i need a new GC key inorder to re apply for the visa. I am not sure how to use the existing one.

Regards,
Shruti

sdhume

Mar 7, 2018
Hi,

I had applied for visitor visa to canada and it was denied on the grounds that I have strong family ties in Canada and purpose of visit not clear.

I am planning on reapplying for it as I now have a valid US tourist Visa and also my parents have Candian and US Tourist Visa.We will all be travelling together.

My question is do i need a new GC key inorder to re apply for the visa. I am not sure how to use the existing one.

Regards,
Shruti

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
It's quite normal to be refused a TRV in these circumstances as the visa officer believes you want to circumvent the spousal PR wait times.

You're not eligible for an open work permit. You could have applied for an open work permit if your job is LMIA-exempt (without going through the spousal PR process).... or if you apply for PR via the inland route and submit an application for an open work permit (you must be a temporary resident living in Canada to apply for this).

It's best to start spousal PR process (outland application). IMO, there's no point in reapplying for a TRV
@Bryanna many thanks

one more question , as per person / agent who is preparing my application , he says that spousal open work permit i can apply , ( dont know if this will waste our time as outland application we cannot apply both PR & other application )

As you mentioned above is this spousal open work permit different from work permit where you need employer

also as my wife is PR holder - is their any other way for us to live together apart from PR application as it will take almost 12 months ( Is this processing time correct )

what if my wife land in canada and we apply PR application , and later she comes and stay with me in UAE , will it effect my PR application ?

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna many thanks

one more question , as per person / agent who is preparing my application , he says that spousal open work permit i can apply , ( dont know if this will waste our time as outland application we cannot apply both PR & other application )
I would recommend you don't retain this agent to prepare any visa application. S/he is giving you bad advice to get your money.

An open work permit is possible only for inland spouse sponsorship, specifically under the 'Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada' (SCLPC class). For this, you and your spouse who is sponsoring you must be residing in Canada at the same address at the time of filing and processing the PR application where you have visitor status/TRV.

Or, you apply for an open work permit on your own (no spouse PR app) if your job is LMIA-exempt.

also as my wife is PR holder - is their any other way for us to live together apart from PR application as it will take almost 12 months ( Is this processing time correct )
Limited options:
1. Apply for spouse sponsorship as an outland application, or
2. You must get a TRV and then apply for PR as an inland application, or
3. Don't apply for spouse PR if you and your wife want to live in the UAE

what if my wife land in canada and we apply PR application , and later she comes and stay with me in UAE , will it effect my PR application ?
She must be residing in Canada for the entire duration of the PR processing until a decision is made.

BTW when you say 'if your wife lands in Canada', did she complete her PR landing formalities/ she has PR status before she married you?

Last edited:

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
I would recommend you don't retain this agent to prepare any visa application. S/he is giving you bad advice to get your money.

An open work permit is possible only for inland spouse sponsorship, specifically under the 'Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada' (SCLPC class). For this, you and your spouse who is sponsoring you must be residing in Canada at the same address at the time of filing and processing the PR application where you have visitor status/TRV.

Or, you apply for an open work permit on your own (no spouse PR app) if your job is LMIA-exempt.

Limited options:
1. Apply for spouse sponsorship as an outland application, or
2. You must get a TRV and then apply for PR as an inland application, or
3. Don't apply for spouse PR if you and your wife want to live in the UAE

She must be residing in Canada for the entire duration of the PR processing until a decision is made.

BTW when you say 'if your wife lands in Canada', did she complete her PR landing formalities/ she has PR status before she married you?
Dear @Bryanna many thanks

after you comment i checked with agent and he clarified few points

1. My wife already completed her first landing and PR card issue and will be traveling back to canada on 27th of this month
2. why he says i can apply for spousal open work permit as CIC site indicates that dependent of students or federal skilled worker can apply SOWP as my wife got her PR basis federal skilled worker

above points came into picture after you mentioned in above advise

i also check CIC websit and checked my eligibility in this senario

As this was new founding that my wife is PR status in canada under skilled worker catagory - can we now apply for SOPW

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear @Bryanna many thanks

after you comment i checked with agent and he clarified few points

1. My wife already completed her first landing and PR card issue and will be traveling back to canada on 27th of this month
2. why he says i can apply for spousal open work permit as CIC site indicates that dependent of students or federal skilled worker can apply SOWP as my wife got her PR basis federal skilled worker
Seriously, fire that agent. You're being fooled. You can wave goodbye to your money and guaranteed to get a refusal if you apply for an open work permit under your present circumstances.

i also check CIC websit and checked my eligibility in this senario
It's not possible the 'Come to Canada' tool indicated that you're eligible for an open work permit when you have a spouse who holds PR status and you currently live in UAE/don't have a TRV to enter Canada and then apply under the SCLPC class.

If the 'Come to Canada' tool indicates you're eligible for an open work permit then please paste the selections you made to get this result.

As this was new founding that my wife is PR status in canada under skilled worker catagory - can we now apply for SOPW
All other previous immigration statuses were canceled when your wife landed as a PR. It does not matter if she immigrated as a skilled worker

Reactions: Preet_Singh

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Seriously, fire that agent. You're being fooled. You can wave goodbye to your money and guaranteed to get a refusal if you apply for an open work permit under your present circumstances.

It's not possible the 'Come to Canada' tool indicated that you're eligible for an open work permit when you have a spouse who holds PR status and you currently live in UAE/don't have a TRV to enter Canada and then apply under the SCLPC class.

If the 'Come to Canada' tool indicates you're eligible for an open work permit then please paste the selections you made to get this result.

All other previous immigration statuses were canceled when your wife landed as a PR. It does not matter if she immigrated as a skilled worker
@Bryanna again Many thanks , i screwed the agent and he agreed SOPW is not applicable in our situation

now we will apply directly spouse sponsor PR once my wife lands in Canada

if you can help me with processing time of dependent PR process ( just for information)

below all forms he advised to fill for PR application me for

IMM5532E
eIMM5669E
IMM0008ENU_2D
IMM1344E
IMM5406E
IMM5406E - Spouse family details
IMM5621_072015_2-QQGX4TA

please advise if any sort of covering letter to attach in PR application and also if this will be paper based application or online

again many thanks with your expert advise

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna again Many thanks , i screwed the agent and he agreed SOPW is not applicable in our situation

now we will apply directly spouse sponsor PR once my wife lands in Canada

if you can help me with processing time of dependent PR process ( just for information)

below all forms he advised to fill for PR application me for

IMM5532E
eIMM5669E
IMM0008ENU_2D
IMM1344E
IMM5406E
IMM5406E - Spouse family details
IMM5621_072015_2-QQGX4TA

please advise if any sort of covering letter to attach in PR application and also if this will be paper based application or online

again many thanks with your expert advise
I recommend you move to the Family Class Sponsorship section