+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previous applications to Canada

darth_wader_12180

Aug 29, 2018
Hi, while filling Express Entry profile theres a section titled "Immigration history and citizenships" that asks the following question:

Tell us about my name's previous applications to Canada, countries of citizenship, and the country where he/she currently lives.

Does this question mean applications for immigration strictly or also visa? I have never applied for immigration in past but have applied to IRCC for Canada visa. What should I answer to this question?

Thanks.

frolicx

Oct 15, 2018
I have the same query. I've been granted a tourist visa before but only submitting EE application for the first time.

CanDok

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-08-2018
Nomination.....
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
01-11-2018
Med's Done....
09-10-2018
It is for visa also. But please be mindful they are asking for countries where you are either a citizen of or have resided in past or are residing currently.
So work permit visas and business visa and spousal or dependent visas will be eligible. Please weigh your personal cases against the definition to see what the answer should be.

Cheers and all the best

darth_wader_12180

Aug 29, 2018
It is for visa also. But please be mindful they are asking for countries where you are either a citizen of or have resided in past or are residing currently.
So work permit visas and business visa and spousal or dependent visas will be eligible. Please weigh your personal cases against the definition to see what the answer should be.

Cheers and all the best
So if I have previously applied for Canada visa (just visitor/tourist visa) I should answer yes to this? Also I have lived in the US for 1.5 years on student visa? What should I do?