+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prepare an interview

canadaday2011

Jun 19, 2011
hi everyone,
just want to contribute with my experience in order for others to know how to prepare for the interview. my interview was in abu dhabi, v/o london.
i ordered caips notes to find out why i was asked to come for an interview. there was nothing wrong with my application and could not figure out except for the place of birth that was written as my place of residency. i got the pink interview info card 6 months before my interview was scheduled. one and a half months prior to the interview i was informed through email/regular mail of the interview place and date.
we arrived early just to make sure we knew where the building was and to ensure our documents were in order.
the lady that we submitted our documents to was very nice and helpful. she asked us to have a seat and wait for someone to call out our names (mine because i am the pa).
we were called just a few minutes after our exact interview time and went into a small room with two chairs, and in front of us, behind the glass wall was a lady interviewer. she was very polite and calm. she slowly guided us through the whole process, asked questions about my work experience and original university degree. she also asked us where we were planning to live once we land in canada. the interview took only 15-20 minutes and in the end she told us that she is satisfied with the information/that there was no concerns at all and that we will be receiving our medicals very shortly. just two weeks after the interview we received our medical forms in the mail.
it was a very pleasant experience and the embassy staff were very nice and professional.

just be yourself, have a good night sleep the day before and have all your documents in order. dress professionally, be positive and answer questions only when asked. it is a great feeling once the interview is over. good luck to all!

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
canadaday,

whoa ! it was simply a tea party or they wanted to see whether or not a human or a ghost has applied to them lol. very very funny ! my CAIPS dont say anything at all about the reasons for the interview and time and date is yet to be fixed, I have been told to wait until Fall 2012 to get a spot for an interview.

when was your Interview?

canadaday2011

Jun 19, 2011
hi jnathan,
yes, it is strange but i hear more and more people are having to go through the interview because of a simple typo error or for no reason at all. but in all honesty, the interview was a very pleasant process and i was extremely impressed with the staff of the embassy and how well organized they are. my interview was one year ago and i know how you feel. when i got that pink card i thought i would be scheduled for my interview in no time but it actually takes up to 6 months which was my case. still, do not be discouraged, read your caips carefully ( i highlighted every possible thing and prepared thoroughly), prepare your documents nicely and complete the required forms in detail not leaving anything out, even if you have to put n/a if something does not apply to you, do it. just think of it as if you were going for a job interview. good luck! canada is waiting for you!

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
canadaday

thanks, pm'ed you.
waiting to hear from you.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
may be you got JAVA or plugins problem with the browser.
you'll do it.
I am waiting for your reply.

people

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaday2011 said:
managed to open it but can't reply. let me try it again
Hi,

As your no of posts are less than 20 so as per forum rules you are not authorized to send/reply a PM ,until your posts reach 20 in number.Hope it helps

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
canadaday,

you'd not find more than 4 persons who come and post here after their PR was granted.
hope you keep posting in here after you landed.

canadaday2011

Jun 19, 2011
rest assured, i will stay in touch with you guys and will keep you posted! and i am here to assist as much as i can! good luck to all! ;)

jojogeo

Mar 28, 2010
hello friends.....i have been informed that i and my spouse will be coming for interview in their next letter......but me and my wife are not in thesame country and region....i am in Europe and my wife is in Asia....pls kindly advice me on what i have to do....and what i have to inform the VO before they specify the date for the interview.
Thank you all.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
jojogeo,

they will most likely to conduct the interview at the office you had sent your files to.
you will get a letter which will ask your consent on their selected interview place and date.
I'd appear at the interview on the mentioned time and place by them, to reduce further delay.

Have you ordered CAIPS ? CAIPS would probably say the reasons for calling you to the interview.

whats your NOC and Visa office? please mention your timeline.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Hi Friends,

I am in Edmonton. If any one is working in IT then send my inbox message so that i can refer some jobs.

Thanks,
SurenderJeet