Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
@kelslade, look for the thread" Nigerian applicants let's network. You can post There thread

JasonBourne

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
PER dated Feb 16, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
March 14, 2011 (In Process on Aug. 31, 2011)
Med's Request
Sept. 1, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept. 30, 2011 (Meds sent by the DMP on Oct. 7, 2011)
Interview........
Done on Aug 25, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept. 1, 2011 (Sent on Oct. 11th, 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on Dec. 12th, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed on Aug. 16th, 2012
My interview experience in Aug 2011 -- ND VO. Posting it here as it might be useful to anyone who may be called for an interview in future. If you have any queries send me a PM.

So here's how it was:

I reached atleast an hour before the interview. I was allowed to enter the premises even though they clearly mentioned in the letter that the canadidates should reach no earlier than 30 minutes.

I presented my letter at the security gate and after security check I was allowed to enter. I gave my letter to the receptionist and she asked me to wait in the hall.

I waited for close to 2 hours before I was called in (1 hour after my scheduled time). I was becoming a little restless as I hate waiting the most and thought about going to the reception and inquiring but controlled myself.

I greeted the lady officer on my way in and she offered me to take a seat.

The first thing she asked -- "Where is your spouse?". The interview letter clearly mentioned that my spouse need not attend the interview so I said so. She confirmed again whether the letter clearly mentioned it and I said yes (I wonder why she asked as she could have checked it on the screen I guess) .

Then she asked me to give her the additional documents that the letter asked for. So I gave her the requested documents one by one (each time explaining what they were). Then she asked me about Marriage Questinnaire and I gave it to her along with the bunch of photos of various outings and additional documents to support my stand (past e-mails, an affidavit etc.). While looking at the pictures that I gave her she took out one picture and asked me about the person we were posing with.

She then started to ask questions about our relationship, how we met, where do we stay and who else stays with us, how is my spouse's relationship with my parents, how is my relationship with my spouses' parents etc (I don't remember everything but it sums up just about everything). She also asked me about my wedding (Just 3 months before the application) and how my parents think about my moving to Canada -- I gave my justification and I think she was convinced by my answer.

She then proceeded to ask some questions about my job. She first asked me to describe the duties and responsibilities that I handle on an ongoing basis. I did and there were few more questions based on the employment letters (including the fresh ones) that I submitted. Then there were some generic questions regarding my job (the structure of my department, work timings, compensation etc.).

In the end, she said that she was satisfied with my responses and that the application will be processed further and that they will contact me if any more information is needed. I asked her about the approximate timeline from here on -- she said that she will put her review/comments in a day or two and then her clerk will check the new information/documents that I submitted and it should be "fairly quick" from here on (She kept all the docs that I gave her and said that they will be returning all the original documents to me).

The whole thing lasted for about 10-12 mins (I was surprised when I came out as others were taking anywhere between 25-30 mins or even more -- I also heard some loud arguements (!!!) while I was seated in the hall.)

After coming out I realized I could have given few more supporting documents (apart from the ones they asked for). I hope this doesn't go against me.

HOPE THIS HELPS

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JasonBourne said:
My interview experience in Aug 2011 -- ND VO. Posting it here as it might be useful to anyone who may be called for an interview in future. If you have any queries send me a PM.

HOPE THIS HELPS
It was very nice of you to share your Interview experience....definitely it WILL HELP.
+1 for you.

Mitali

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Thanks for sharing ! And Thanks again.

They had doubts over your marriage that took place during that time of the application processing.
They also had doubt over your jobs and this was a random interview and you did well.
Mental and Psychological confidence is the key in such interviews !

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
Thank you for sharing the interview experience 8)
In my opinion you did great. :)

prince11

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bourne!
That's a very good information you have provided us with. Thanks!! Kindly let me know the original docs you have given them...are they your educational docs or job oriented documents? Did they mention when will they give them back? Thanks again.

JasonBourne

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
PER dated Feb 16, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
March 14, 2011 (In Process on Aug. 31, 2011)
Med's Request
Sept. 1, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept. 30, 2011 (Meds sent by the DMP on Oct. 7, 2011)
Interview........
Done on Aug 25, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept. 1, 2011 (Sent on Oct. 11th, 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on Dec. 12th, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed on Aug. 16th, 2012
I gave her my tax returns, PF statement, some job related docs, pics etc.
She didn't mention as to when they will return my docs.

prince11 said:
Hi Bourne!
That's a very good information you have provided us with. Thanks!! Kindly let me know the original docs you have given them...are they your educational docs or job oriented documents? Did they mention when will they give them back? Thanks again.

talk2melas

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW:October 3rd,2013. Federal : February 16th 2016
Nomination.....
15-02-2015
AOR Received.
QSW:08-04-2014, Federal 20-02-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-03-2016
Interview........
QSW: 15-02-2015
Passport Req..
20--04-3016
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
@Kelvin Ibezim,please check out for the Nigerian thread in this forum.You will be most assisted there.

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
are there people with very nice and acceptable applications that for some reason were rejected through the interview?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I havent heard anyone yet got rejected after their interviews.
Interviews are usually called for very little confusion(s).
Applicants called for an Interview should be truthful and must not present any false document.

Have you been called for an Interview?

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
no no i was just wandering!

GregoryJames

Jul 21, 2011
In my experience most applicants get called for an interview. Not just when the visa officer has a specific concern.

The supporting documents filed are absolutely crucial to the process, and more important than the interview. If the officer is impressed by the supporting documents then your chances of success are very good indeed, and the interview may be quite short.

Obviously you will submit the documents specifically requested. But you are not limited to that.

There is no magic list for what documents you submit. Every case is different and so you should submit documents that help prove the claims are relevant to YOUR case even if they have not been specifically requested. Obviously, I cannot tell you what documents are appropriate in your case unless I know all about your case.

Answer the questions calmly, even if the officer is being aggressive (this happens sometimes). I have seen many cases where the officer was rude and aggressive but the case was approved anyway. Do not allow yourself to be distracted by an aggressive officer's attitude.

Listen to the questions very carefully. If you do not understand the question say so, and ask for the question to be repeated or rephrased.

Answer the question directly. Do not give long explanations before you answer the question. If you think you need to give an explanation, give the short direct answer first and then give the explanation. If you give the explanation first you risk confusing the officer. And confusion is bad for your case.

Do not guess when you answer the question. If you are not sure of the answer say so. If you are not sure but you think you have a pretty good explanation anyway, make sure you say something like "I am not sure, but maybe it is like this ...". It is very important the officer understands you are making an educated guess rather than giving a solid answer.

Do not assume the officer is stupid and will not notice any bad document or exaggerated claim. These officers have seen every trick in the book and they are not stupid. Some of them have been lied to so many times that they are quite cynical and will review your file very closely looking for things that do not make sense.

Do not give any false documents, even if they are not relevant. I have seen cases (more than one) where an applicant showed his wife's education certificate to an officer, even though his wife's education was not relevant (such as in a marriage case). The officer will refuse such a case even though the document was not necessary in the first place. The applicant argued that he didn't know his wife's document was false, that her family had created the document for cultural reasons to make her look like a more suitable wife. She did not do it to mislead immigration authorities. It doesn't matter. If ANY document or statement is untrue (or if the officer thinks it is untrue) that can and probably will ruin the whole case.

Remember that the officer comes from different culture than you (even if the officer is a local officer). Their culture is a bureaucratic culture, and as such it is quite idiosyncratic. If the officer is Canadian then there are other, obvious, cultural differences which can lead to unnecessary confusion. This is one reason why you need to make sure that you understand what is going on at all times in the interview, and not take anything for granted.

Get a good night's sleep TWO nights before the interview. This is because, as much as you try, you might not be able to get a good night's sleep the night before the interview. You will likely be quite nervous and if you will have to travel to the interview you will find yourself sleeping in a strange bed. Those two things do not encourage a good sleep.

When the interview is over, find a quiet spot and write a record of the interview. Do it in whatever language you are most comfortable in. The officer kept notes, and so should you, even if the officer said you were going to be approved and congratulated you. The decision is not final until the supervising officer signs off on the decision. It is rare, but I have seen cases where the interviewing officer was very encouraging but the applicant still received a negative result.

I would encourage you to get professional counsel to assist you with the application. Too many applicants make innocent mistakes that end up ruining their case. Of course, many applicants win without having counsel. But many good applicants lose too, because they do not have any experience with this, because their case is different from the case of the friend they are getting advice from (EVERY case is different, if it is not unique that is a red flag for the officer), and because they do not understand the bureaucratic culture. It is far better to get it right the first time, than it is having to appeal or re-do an application.

I saved this recommendation to the end, because I did not want to give the impression I am just advertising myself. You do not have to hire me if you want counsel. But make sure you hire someone who is licensed to do this (i.e. professional counsel).

Winning this application would be one of the biggest events in your life. Why take any risks?

Gregory James
Immigration Lawyer
gjames@GregoryJamesLaw.com

Reactions: Rehan1977

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Gregory James,

Full of Pre Cautions from you.
Thanks buddy.

amitrazdan

Sep 19, 2011
Hello Sir,
The information provided is very helpful.
Can you kindly tell me that what is the chance of a 4 year experience holder in Canada.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
amitrazdan,

it's a thread of matters related to Interviews.
please open a separate thread.