+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prepare an interview

zafrulbd

Jun 21, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore now change to Manila(07-05-2015)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 -06-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
Nomination.....
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
16 April 2015
IELTS Request
23-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-5-2015 Received 23 May 2015 Decision made-29.May 2015
Interview........
23-12-2013
Passport Req..
09-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Delivery 26 August (Visa issue 27 july 2015 thanks to ALLAHA)
LANDED..........
22 October 2015
coolleo said:
Hii guys ....I am a PNP applicant and had my interview at ndvo on 8 the December .but I haven't heard from them since then ...they questioned abt my marrige and employment ......i answered both but at the end when I inquired abt the result the lady said they will mail me the next process ....I haven't heard anything from them since then and ecas is also still in process .....I am quite worried because usually they reply abt result in one or two weeks ......pls suggest what shd I do and expect ????? :( :eek:
I hope it it will positive need to wait because just now there open after long holiday.

coolleo

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24/09/2014
File Transfer...
14/10/2014
Med's Request
13/3/2015
Med's Done....
17/3/2015
Interview........
08/12/2014
Passport Req..
29/05/2015
Do u know how long they take to reply if decision is negative????n buddy thanks for reply u brought :)on my face .....BTW have u got a reply from them?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
coolleo said:
Hii guys ....I am a PNP applicant and had my interview at ndvo on 8 the December .but I haven't heard from them since then ...they questioned abt my marrige and employment ......i answered both but at the end when I inquired abt the result the lady said they will mail me the next process ....I haven't heard anything from them since then and ecas is also still in process .....I am quite worried because usually they reply abt result in one or two weeks ......pls suggest what shd I do and expect ????? :( :eek:
Hi, this is not out of place as some applicants have experienced longer waits but still got communication from NDVO later. You may however send NDVO a CSE to find out the status of your application, use this link, https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statisical Summary of total number of days at the moment it will take to get PR-Visa Based Upon Number of Days of each stage in the process (subject to the validity of Data Entered by Participants in this forum in Spreadsheet-SS Download Date:13th Jan,2015)[size=14pt][size=16pt][/size]

[size=14pt]Days from App. Received-- Till--Fee Encashed Date------->[size=14pt](93
[/size]-Average Days)-----(40-Minimum Days)-----(139-Maximum Days)
Days from Fee Encashed Date?-- Till--PER received date------->[size=14pt](33
[/size]-Average Days)-----(20-Minimum Days)-----(130-Maximum Days)
Days from PER received date?-- Till--AOR by local VO------->[size=14pt](30
[/size]-Average Days)-----(6-Minimum Days)-----(121-Maximum Days)
Days from AOR by local VO?-- Till--Local VO started processing------->[size=14pt](38
[/size]-Average Days)-----(5-Minimum Days)-----(118-Maximum Days)
Days from Local VO started processing?-- Till--Interview date------->[size=14pt](35
[/size]-Average Days)-----(15-Minimum Days)-----(51-Maximum Days)
Days from Interview date?-- Till--Medical request date------->[size=14pt](10
[/size]-Average Days)-----(10-Minimum Days)-----(12-Maximum Days)
Days from Medical request date?-- Till--Medicals done------->[size=14pt](12
[/size]-Average Days)-----(3-Minimum Days)-----(99-Maximum Days)
Days from Medicals done?-- Till--Medicals received by VO------->[size=14pt](11
[/size]-Average Days)-----(3-Minimum Days)-----(77-Maximum Days)
Days from Medicals received by VO?-- Till--RPRF request------->[size=14pt](15
[/size]-Average Days)-----(4-Minimum Days)-----(77-Maximum Days)
Days from RPRF request?-- Till--RPRF sent------->[size=14pt](15
[/size]-Average Days)-----(3-Minimum Days)-----(83-Maximum Days)
Days from RPRF sent?-- Till--RPRF received------->[size=14pt](8
[/size]-Average Days)-----(3-Minimum Days)-----(112-Maximum Days)
Days from RPRF received?-- Till--Passport request------->[size=14pt](36
[/size]-Average Days)-----(3-Minimum Days)-----(146-Maximum Days)
Days from Passport request?-- Till--Passport sent------->[size=14pt](9
[/size]-Average Days)-----(3-Minimum Days)-----(77-Maximum Days)
Days from Passport sent?-- Till--Decision made------->[size=14pt](13
[/size]-Average Days)-----(3-Minimum Days)-----(54-Maximum Days)
Days from Decision made?-- Till--Visa issued date------->[size=14pt](13
[/size]-Average Days)-----(3-Minimum Days)-----(54-Maximum Days)
Days from Visa issued date-- Till--Passport returned------->[size=14pt](11
[/size]-Average Days)-----(3-Minimum Days)-----(38-Maximum Days)
[size=16pt]Total Average Days for PR-Visa After Recieving of Application at CIO------->[size=14pt][size=16pt]390
[/size]-Days
[size=16pt]Total Minmum Days for PR-Visa After Recieving of Application at CIO------->[size=14pt][size=16pt]127
[/size]-Days
[size=16pt]Total Maximum Days for PR-Visa After Recieving of Application at CIO------->[size=14pt][size=16pt]1388
[/size]-Days
[size=14pt]Disclaimer:please note that above is just mathematical averaging and summation of data provided by the forum members in the spread sheet of this forum, I did not manipulate anything in it on my own. Therefore vailidity of these numbers will totally depend upon authenticity of information entered by forum members in the spread sheet.

George
Doha,Qatar

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
My Interview Experience:

My interview was scheduled early in the morning (before embassy's operational time). I was the first one in waiting area, not even all lights were switched on. Only a Security guy to do security check.

He saw Interview invitation letter, did security check, and then told me wait in waiting area. I was told to submit some other document on reception but embassy was not yet opened So, I kept document with myself.

After 5 minutes, I was called in a room for interview.Then the officer told me that they have all the thing they need to assess my application and their concern was my Work Experience and had questions on Genuinity of my company. Few personal question were asked to me as a verification such as my civil status, etc. , then asked me many questions about my company. The officer then started acting weird. I was trying to explain the officer about some questions in Financial Statement of my company which I sent earlier, and suddenly officer got furious and told me that " he know how to read financial statement ". I dint argue. I again explain same thing again and no question was over that.
In other question: Again I was trying to explain what was asked but the officer got angry (may be acting to see if I get scared and lose confidence, as those who lie might get scared in this situation) and told me to end this interview if I didn't answer question properly. But the fact was, whatever I told was a fact and there was nothing else to say (Officer was checking my confidence that if my answer changes if he gets furious), Officer then again asked me the same question. I explained same thing again (I was little scared from inside but I didn't let that came on face), The officer then smiled and said "why didn't you submitted that document of your company", and I replied " I was not asked to submit it, so I didn't". Then the officer said that "Again I will have to send you document request, and you will have to submit it" and I replied that " if you want I can get it from my company and submit it" (I was asked to submit documents twice before interview). Officer said "Ok".

I cant mention few questions here as they are related to my company. But every time the officer insisted on answering the question that was asked. I don't know but what I felt was they knew everything, but they just wanted to hear from me.

Then, officer explained me point which was given to me for education, age, etc., and agreed to CIO- Sydney that I meet MI (from GCMS). Then officer explained me that my Criminality, Medical is clear. All that is remaining is security. Senior officer will complete the security and then will send me RPRF and PPR clubbed together, also explained me everything related to landing and visa validity also advised me to let them know incase of change in Civil status, change in address, etc . I knew all that stuff but I just listened. Then officer told me sign a part on Schedule A or 3(not sure), and asked me if I had any questions. I was not having no questions so I said "No", greeted the officer and then left.

P.S.

Interview was 50 minutes long. 40 minutes talk related to my company, 5 minutes talk regarding me and 5 minutes explaining the process from there on.
Officer didn't even saw Additional Document which was requested to bring in Interview.
I was nervous inside but I was confident from outside.
I was not even asked any questions which I thought they would ask. So, people who has interview please don't overstress yourself as they might not have same question as you think they might have.
My interview was scheduled in New York VO. My VO was CPC-Ottawa (as I am in Canada from past 4.5 years), but as they don't conduct interview's so my application was transferred to NYVO, and my VO was changed to NVYO.
I was in New York City 3 days before my interview was scheduled. I had so much fun for 3 day that I didn't even thought of interview for a second because overstress will affect your confidence and less confidence will affect your performance in interview.
Most difficult thing was to pass time after getting interview invitation as it was scheduled after 2.5 months.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Goku said:
My Interview Experience:

My interview was scheduled early in the morning (before embassy's operational time). I was the first one in waiting area, not even all lights were switched on. Only a Security guy to do security check.

He saw Interview invitation letter, did security check, and then told me wait in waiting area. I was told to submit some other document on reception but embassy was not yet opened So, I kept document with myself.

After 5 minutes, I was called in a room for interview.Then the officer told me that they have all the thing they need to assess my application and their concern was my Work Experience and had questions on Genuinity of my company. Few personal question were asked to me as a verification such as my civil status, etc. , then asked me many questions about my company. The officer then started acting weird. I was trying to explain the officer about some questions in Financial Statement of my company which I sent earlier, and suddenly officer got furious and told me that " he know how to read financial statement ". I dint argue. I again explain same thing again and no question was over that.
In other question: Again I was trying to explain what was asked but the officer got angry (may be acting to see if I get scared and lose confidence, as those who lie might get scared in this situation) and told me to end this interview if I didn't answer question properly. But the fact was, whatever I told was a fact and there was nothing else to say (Officer was checking my confidence that if my answer changes if he gets furious), Officer then again asked me the same question. I explained same thing again (I was little scared from inside but I didn't let that came on face), The officer then smiled and said "why didn't you submitted that document of your company", and I replied " I was not asked to submit it, so I didn't". Then the officer said that "Again I will have to send you document request, and you will have to submit it" and I replied that " if you want I can get it from my company and submit it" (I was asked to submit documents twice before interview). Officer said "Ok".

I cant mention few questions here as they are related to my company. But every time the officer insisted on answering the question that was asked. I don't know but what I felt was they knew everything, but they just wanted to hear from me.

Then, officer explained me point which was given to me for education, age, etc., and agreed to CIO- Sydney that I meet MI (from GCMS). Then officer explained me that my Criminality, Medical is clear. All that is remaining is security. Senior officer will complete the security and then will send me RPRF and PPR clubbed together, also explained me everything related to landing and visa validity also advised me to let them know incase of change in Civil status, change in address, etc . I knew all that stuff but I just listened. Then officer told me sign a part on Schedule A or 3(not sure), and asked me if I had any questions. I was not having no questions so I said "No", greeted the officer and then left.

P.S.

Interview was 50 minutes long. 40 minutes talk related to my company, 5 minutes talk regarding me and 5 minutes explaining the process from there on.
Officer didn't even saw Additional Document which was requested to bring in Interview.
I was not even asked any questions which I thought they would ask. So, people who has interview please don't overstress yourself as they might not have same question as you think they might have.
My interview was scheduled in New York VO. My VO was CPC-Ottawa (as I am in Canada from past 4.5 years), but as they don't conduct interview's so my application was transferred to NYVO, and my VO was changed to NVYO.
I was in New York City 3 days before my interview was scheduled. I had so much fun for 3 day that I didn't even thought of interview for a second because overstress will affect your confidence and less confidence will affect your performance in interview.
Most difficult thing was to pass time after getting interview invitation as it was scheduled after 2.5 months.
Hi Goku, so glad your interview ended well. Recall I told you it is nothing to be overly concerned about? Now you can look forward to the rest of your process being very cool and breezy. Congrats on your 'nice' interview, God bless :)

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Pipis Husband said:
Hi Goku, so glad your interview ended well. Recall I told you it is nothing to be overly concerned about? Now you can look forward to the rest of your process being very cool and breezy. Congrats on your 'nice' interview, God bless :)
Thanks for your support my friend. :) +1

jam2k94

Nov 14, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London - RFI - LBM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged 07-01-2015
Nomination.....
PER 29-01-2015
AOR Received.
N/A with LVO
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
Received by LVO on 29-01-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2016
Med's Done....
02-06-2016
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
ان شاء الله Soon
VISA ISSUED...
ان شاء الله Soon
LANDED..........
ان شاء الله Soon
Goku said:
My Interview Experience:

P.S.

Good Job and helpful for future.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Goku said:
My Interview Experience:

P.S.

Thanks be to God,your interview went well.
The rest of the journey will be smooth as well.
Great love Goku.
Good luck.

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Goku said:
My Interview Experience:

P.S.

Thanks Goku for shring this usefull info.

Regards,George,
Doha,Qatar

ratingcrady

Jun 17, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 09-10-2014
AOR Received.
Processing started 01-12-2014
Med's Request
with RPRF on 28-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015, ECAS update 12-02-2015
Interview........
21-01-2015
Passport Req..
+ DM 13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
Planned for 05-06-2015
Hi guys,

Finally my interview date came today.

What can i tell you about this experience?

Reached embassy at 9.30. Interview was scheduled for 10.30.

20 people sitting at reception.
Important- Mobiles are kept outside, No parking available for cars or other vehicles.

Anyway, i am called in a room at 10.05 itself.

Il refer visa officer as VCO now.

Vco greets me, asks me if i nervous. I replied that i was a bit nervous and would not mind having water. He told me to go out and get it from cooler. I thanked him.

Came back, he started asking about JD. He never told me the reason for interview.

I told him about JD for current company.

Important point is to keep it short and simple. No need to elaborate more than required.

We moved to my previous companys. I told him the similarities and differences between current jd and older jds.
He started reading the lead statement.

He told me that he was Ok with my JD BUT matter of fact is that lead statement is not matching my designation.

I asked him to elaborate.

He told me that lead statement says that these professional are employed by agencies.

He told me that you are employed by product or services company but not by media, ad, pr agencies.

I debated with him over the fact that marketing managers defines what agencies have to do for their companies.

He insisted that you are fit for a diff NOC but not this as you DO NOT WORK IN AN AGENCY.

I told him a very simple thing- I MIGHT BE FIT FOR ANOTHER NOC BUT IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT I DO NOT FIT HERE AS WELL. I DO 80% DUTIES, LEAD STATEMENT IS 50% MATCHING, I DO NOT SEE WHY I AM NOT FIT FOR 1123. I TOLD HIM THAT THERE IS A REASON DUE TO WHICH GOVT. OF CANADA HAS MENTIONED LEAD STATEMENT AND DUTIES SO YOU CAN NOT SAY THAT I DONT FOT HERE AS WELL.

He kept his stand and i stood on my stand.
We debated in length about this only.

VERDICT OF VCO- I have listened to what you have said, at this time i can not judge your case. I need time of upto 4 weeks to get back to you about my decision. I can niether reject or approve.

I asked him if i could give him more info with which he can process my file faster.

Vco said i have all info which is necessary, i have to think only.

He then asked me who is with me, i told him that my wife had accompanied me.

He asked me if i would want him to meet her. I told him that it is his call. Then he asked me about her, basic things though. Fianlly he said please call her.

When she came in, he cross verified everything i had told him about her.

He never looked at 300 documents i took with me. So i told him that i need to submit some docs.

He said please do.

I gave him pcc, revised pof, revised ref letters etc.

He accepted my pcc as well.

Final statement by voc - let me take my time. I appreciate how you were forthcoming and how you spoke.
I thanked him and moved out of the office.

Total duration 45 mins.

I can and will all answer any queries by fellow forumites. Pls feel free.

My gut feel- Nothing as such, i l wait.

Regards,

Ratingcrady

Maverick.Canajun

Jul 6, 2014
Windsor, Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Nomination.....
06-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Interview........
Waived 3rd Line 09-04-2015
Passport Req..
29-05-2015 Decision Made : 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2015 Passport Returned : 12-06-2015
ratingcrady said:
Hi guys,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Regards,

Ratingcrady
Brother RatingCrady,

I do believe that the decision if correctly made will be in your favor. Lead Statement says 1123 can be employed by agencies as well as 'corporations'. I am in the same NOC and I do marketing of products and services for my organization. I am the Marketing Manager for my Line of Business. I do work with agencies sometimes but most of the times, I design my marketing activities and campaigns myself. Only seek approval from top management on ROI, strategic fit, brand fit and then do the rest of the work.

Regards,
Rick

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
ratingcrady said:
Hi guys,

Regards,

Ratingcrady
Hi, very detailed and informative post. Thank you for it, wish you the best ahead.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Update: PPR + RPRF RECEIVED

This is what I am feeling right now /\ /\ /\ /\.

P.S.: Special thanks to Pipis Husband.