+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prepare an interview

HS

Nov 16, 2010
Amazing job Dear!

I have an interview at Buffalo, the letter they sent me is bit confusing to me. On the 2nd page of letter it says - Please comply with the following only if indicated : and then below there is a square box which is NOT checked off, and it says Your dependents must appear at the interview.

So my question is should I take my spouse to the interview or not?

I had done my medicals before 1.5 years, do you think they will ask for another medical again after the interview?

Please throw some light on this.
Thanks

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HS said:
Amazing job Dear!

I have an interview at Buffalo, the letter they sent me is bit confusing to me. On the 2nd page of letter it says - Please comply with the following only if indicated : and then below there is a square box which is NOT checked off, and it says Your dependents must appear at the interview.

So my question is should I take my spouse to the interview or not?

I had done my medicals before 1.5 years, do you think they will ask for another medical again after the interview?

Please throw some light on this.
Thanks

Yes do take your spouse with you on interview sometimes they interview both and yes they can ask you for another medicals (high chances that they will) because your medical is already expired ( medical is valied for 1 yr only)

Cheers
SAki

CBI

Feb 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
12-Feb-2010
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2010 & 21st May 2010
IELTS Request
7.0 Band (6th March 2010)
File Transfer...
17 Feb 2010
Med's Request
23 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14 Mar 2011
LANDED..........
06 May 2011
HS,

Also prepare yourself as they may take separate interview (You & your Spouse) to cross check your background.........

This is just for your safety.

All the very best................................

shekhar_a2k

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
Sep 2009
IELTS Request
Oct 2009
File Transfer...
Jan 2010
Med's Request
Sep 2010
Med's Done....
Oct 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
July 2011
LANDED..........
Aug 6, 2011
Question about this topic -
Are these questions raised at the time you arrive at the Immigration at the airport?

sultanali

Aug 23, 2010
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomdickharry said:
if some1's interview was waived, medical was doe, can he be called?
its is unlikely , but they do call if there is some thing comes up in security checks again there is only 0.01% chances,

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shekhar_a2k said:
Question about this topic -
Are these questions raised at the time you arrive at the Immigration at the airport?
At the time of inteview.

Cheers
Saki

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
phdmaker said:
U are right but for Pakistanis interview will only be conducted in Islamabad rather in London.
agreed. how can a interview for pakistani citizen take place in london????????

muqdad

Oct 15, 2010
PDF file

plz any one can help me to full the PDF forms ,because i cant change the font size while i full the blanks some word is missing beause the plank is not enough to the sentence.
thanks

Prabjot

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
Hi All,

I hv applied under 0213 NOC. My interview is scheduled on 25 Jan 2011 at new dellhi.

I am nervous and dont understand what can they ask me.

In interview letter they asked me to bring all my original Mark Sheets and all letters from my employer.

It will be really great if anyone can share interview exp.

Many thanks,
Prabjot

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Prabjot: It sounds like they just want to talk to you about your documents, but if you apply quickly, you may be able to get your CAIPS notes before the interview and that may provide you more information. Best of luck. You're nearly there.

Prabjot

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
Pippin said:
Prabjot: It sounds like they just want to talk to you about your documents, but if you apply quickly, you may be able to get your CAIPS notes before the interview and that may provide you more information. Best of luck. You're nearly there.
Hi Pippin,

Thanks dear for ur response.

I tried getting my CAIPS notes, but due to holidays in december, they said it will be almost impossible to get it before 25 jan...

Well if they just want to verify my docs, I am confident..
When will I get to know about their decision? will they inform me on the spot after interview?

Thx, Prabjot

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Yes, I thought it would be tight with Christmas in the mix. I don't have any experience with the interview process, so I hope one of the seniors will come to your rescue here. There are so many good posts here about preparing for this stage, and as they say, it is good that they give you the opportunity to put their mind at rest. Once again, all the best.

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prabjot said:
Hi All,

I hv applied under 0213 NOC. My interview is scheduled on 25 Jan 2011 at new dellhi.

I am nervous and dont understand what can they ask me.

In interview letter they asked me to bring all my original Mark Sheets and all letters from my employer.

It will be really great if anyone can share interview exp.

Many thanks,
Prabjot
Hi
Interview Sequence
On the day of your interview, the following sequence should occur:
n Be familiar with the address and directions to the Visa Office
n You and your spouse should dress formally, suit preferred
n You should arrive at least half an hour early to your scheduled interview time and report at the reception and
present your interview letter.
n You will be called in the visa of the visa officer handling your case. You, your spouse and all dependents aged 18
years or more are required to attend. You may be the only person interviewed or others may be interviewed as
well. Ensure that you wait in the reception area and do not leave until you are called in.
n Introduce yourself to the visa officer and wait until the officer introduces himself/herself to you. Follow their
instructions from this point onwards.
n Do not provide any documents to the visa officer if not requested. Respond to all asked questions in a thorough
but concise manner, unless the officer requests further details.
n Have all your documents including those of your spouse and dependent children handy and easy to locate. Do not
provide any documents unless requested.
n If you have noticed any errors in your immigration forms, bring them to the notice of the immigration officer.
n If do not understand a question please ask the visa officer to clarify/repeat the question for you. If the officer
requests a document, which you do not have with you, ask the officer if you can submit it later by way of mail.
n You will be asked many questions about your present job description and past work experience. You should
answer all questions confidently. You should know your intended occupation(s) in Canada and the job description
(s) of your intended occupation(s) in Canada.
n Your partner and children (over 19 years of age) might be interviewed separately about their background, their
education, experience, language proficiency and future in Canada.
n At the end of the interview you can politely ask the visa officer about the outcome of your application.
n You may be advised to receive your COPR, while at the visa office or you may be advised to wait for a decision on
the case. This is entirely at the discretion of the visa officer.
4.2.2 Interview Preparation
The following represents a list of things to do in anticipation of your interview:
n Knowledge of Canada: You should have some knowledge of Canada, including information about its history,
geography, provinces & territories, political parties, culture and economy. If you require further details consult:
http://www.canada.gc.ca
n English/French Proficiency skills: You should be able to communicate fluently with the visa officer and confirm
the stated levels of fluency, which you have marked in your application. If you are not able to communicate
properly in English, you should use an interpreter, but keep in mind that this may adversely impact
your application.
n Your Occupational Details: You should be familiar with all of the occupations listed in your application, as well
as the “main duties” of each occupation. You must be able to convince an immigration officer that you perform a
substantial number of duties of the listed occupations. The job descriptions lists the main duties that a
professional is expected to perform in a particular occupation in Canada. Please make sure that you go through
these job descriptions in detail. It is extremely important that the job responsibilities and duties you have been
performing till date at your present and previous jobs match with the main duties described in the enclosed
definition of your intended occupations.
The Visa officer will look for similarities between the job responsibilities and duties you have performed till date
and the main duties that a professional in Canada is required to perform in your intended occupation(s). For a list
of NOC occupations and main duties, refer to http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/generic/welcome.shtml
n Knowledge About Your Intended Occupation: You need to know complete details about your intended
occupation in Canada. This may include: occupational demand & job potential, your present profession standing
as per Canadian Standards and the shortfalls, steps to bridge the shortfalls, assessment of educational and
professional qualifications from Professional Bodies & Associations, steps taken to upgrade skills by taking
additional courses, licensing procedure for your intended occupation(s), details of licensing exams including fees
and course content, preparation for such exams, steps to ensure getting a job in your intended occupation. For
further details consult: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/home.shtml
n Steps Taken to Improve Employment Prospects: You must show an immigration officer all efforts taken to
become ready for employment in Canada. These can include: enhancing language skills, enhancing computer
skills, Professional assessment from Professional Bodies/Associations of Canada, educational assessments, job
searches done by you including resumes forwarded to potential employers and their replies. You must keep a
copy of all resumes forwarded and provide them at your interview, research of your job including list of potential
employers in Canada, provide details on where you will stay in Canada, costs involved and rough idea of cost of
living.
n Educational Background: Prepare detailed educational record with dates, names of institutions, description of
courses/certificates/degrees taken. Details of any commendations, merit certificates, awards, scholarships etc.
received during the course of your education. Also, details of any additional courses/training/apprenticeship
acquired to enhance your skills or made you proficient in the job you are doing. In view of your intended
occupation in Canada, explain the intention behind completing the courses taken with respect to your career
goals. Also highlight details of foreign trips for studies/ conventions /seminars / presentations / training
undertaken in regards to Education.
n Employment History: In view of your intended occupation, prepare detailed employment record with detailed
explanation of nature of duties performed at each and every job. Please highlight all commendations,
appreciation letters, promotions, increments or any other awards or incentives given to you in appreciation of
your good work. If available, provide promotional and other material used by your previous and past employers
including brochures, leaflets, price-lists, photographs etc.
n Assistance in settlement in Canada: Give all the details regarding assistance, you expect from
friend/relatives in Canada.
n Documents to be arranged in a folder: Arrange your documents in a folder with a table of Contents for ease
of location. All the documents should be original except original of which have already been submitted to the
Immigration authorities. Your spouse has to prepare a separate folder.
n Corrections on Immigration Forms: Review the Immigration forms, which you have submitted and note down
typing, other errors and changes to be made. Also inform the visa officer about these during the interview.
4.2.3 Other Important Things to keep in Mind
Children over 19 years of age are considered dependent on parents and can accompany parents to Canada as
dependents only if they remain in full-time studies. There should not be a break in their full-time studies of more than 6
months.
Separate passports are required for each individual. Children and infants, regardless of their age, will require their own
passport(s) and cannot be included on the mother’s passport.
Try to obtain an “Affidavit of Support” from any of your relative, friend, colleague or even an acquaintance living in
Canada, stating that they will assist you upon your arrival to Canada and provide boarding and lodging.