+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant tfw

Mantungan

Nov 19, 2013
Hi! I'm a tfw whose work permit expires on sept next year, and im about to give birth april next year. Am I entitled for maternity leave and if ever for how long? Any idea if I could just avail a few months of leave and then go back to my work again and have my work permit extended? Pls help....thank you

cris.ronel

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you have atleast 1 year of leave on canada if your on alberta. on other province i don't know.. if your paying EI then you can have a maximum of 1 year leave and that depends on your work permit. if your permit is until sept then leave would be from april to sept but if you renew your contract and have a new wp then you can file a leave from april 2014 to april 2015

btw dont forget to apply your baby support from canada that support will start from the date of your child's birth until the expiration of your work permit if you have other questions post it here ill help you

Mantungan

Nov 19, 2013
Thanks for the reply! Can I renew my work permit even while on leave or should I go back to work before
my current work permit expires?

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
cris.ronel said:
you have atleast 1 year of leave on canada if your on alberta. on other province i don't know.. if your paying EI then you can have a maximum of 1 year leave and that depends on your work permit. if your permit is until sept then leave would be from april to sept but if you renew your contract and have a new wp then you can file a leave from april 2014 to april 2015

btw dont forget to apply your baby support from canada that support will start from the date of your child's birth until the expiration of your work permit if you have other questions post it here ill help you
hi there, my wife is tfw also, she's currently on EI after she was laid off from her work as Live In Caregiver because of shortage of work. she worked in a family in Alberta for 8 months. she's 7 months pregnant and about to give birth on Feb 2014. is she eligible in applying for ML? her WP will expire September 2014. we will submit our spousal application INLAND this Nov/Dec together with her OWP application. so for how long she will have the ML then, just in case you have Idea.. thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nismopinoy said:
hi there, my wife is tfw also, she's currently on EI after she was laid off from her work as Live In Caregiver because of shortage of work. she worked in a family in Alberta for 8 months. she's 7 months pregnant and about to give birth on Feb 2014. is she eligible in applying for ML? her WP will expire September 2014. we will submit our spousal application INLAND this Nov/Dec together with her OWP application. so for how long she will have the ML then, just in case you have Idea.. thank you
She needs to have at least 52 consecutive weeks of work to qualify for ML. 8 months isn't enough.

Mantungan

Nov 19, 2013
cris.ronel said:

Thanks for the reply! Can I renew my work permit even while on leave or should I go back to my work before it expires?