+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant after COPR

CSRKR

Dec 2, 2022
My wife is also pregnant and I received the PPR on 26th May 2019. I informed them the status and got a response like below:

Dear xxxx xxxx,

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa.

Thank you for updating our office on the expecting of your child. In this case, you are left with two options:

In this case, you are left with two options:

1) You may land prior to the birth of your child, and you will not need to add your child to your application as they would automatically gain citizenship at birth within Canada

2) If you cannot land safely, prior to the birth of your child, your application will have to be re-opened and the child will be added to your application. Any PR documents issued to you prior to landing would no longer be valid

Please note if you choose the first option, you must land prior to October xx 2019. Alternatively, if you choose the second option, please notify our office as soon as the child is born and we will provide further instructions.

We will be doing a short landing and return home this month to avoid the re-opening. All the best for your safe landing and safe delivery.
You did email or webform ? And after how many days you receive answer? Did you submitted the passport before this answer received?