Pregnant after COPR

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
This is what it shows on the GC Website.

If a family member is added to an application during processing
During processing, a principal applicant can add a new family member as a dependant, such as a newborn child or, in the case of a parent or grandparent, a new partner. Or, they may request that a family member originally declared as non-accompanying be included as accompanying.

When a family member added to the application is a dependent child of the sponsor, it is not necessary to re-assess the sponsor’s ability to meet the minimum necessary income (MNI). Under R133(4), a sponsor is exempt from meeting MNI requirements for such family members. Applicable fees must be paid, and the new applicant must pass medical and background checks.

If an applicant has a child after they have been issued a permanent resident visa but before becoming a permanent resident, the processing office can:

• add the child to the sponsorship
  • collect the applicable processing fee for the child
  • issue instructions for the medical examination to the additional dependant

Also, we were approved under AIP and our medical will expire Jan 2020.
That is for Family Class sponsorship, not economic immigration streams.

Reactions: dotslash227

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
This is what it shows on the GC Website.

If a family member is added to an application during processing
During processing, a principal applicant can add a new family member as a dependant, such as a newborn child or, in the case of a parent or grandparent, a new partner. Or, they may request that a family member originally declared as non-accompanying be included as accompanying.

When a family member added to the application is a dependent child of the sponsor, it is not necessary to re-assess the sponsor’s ability to meet the minimum necessary income (MNI). Under R133(4), a sponsor is exempt from meeting MNI requirements for such family members. Applicable fees must be paid, and the new applicant must pass medical and background checks.

If an applicant has a child after they have been issued a permanent resident visa but before becoming a permanent resident, the processing office can:

• add the child to the sponsorship
  • collect the applicable processing fee for the child
  • issue instructions for the medical examination to the additional dependant

Also, we were approved under AIP and our medical will expire Jan 2020.
Thanks for the correction! Can you please provide the source?

However, there are 2 points open for discussion/clarification:

1. If a member is added, "during processing". They already have a processed application and have already be given a COPR. Their file be re-opened.

2. "it is not necessary to re-assess the sponsor’s ability to meet the minimum necessary income (MNI)". The key is "not necessary", however, MNI can still be re-assessed, worst case, it is not re-assessed, best case, it will be. In case it does get, one should be prepared for the worst case.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the correction! Can you please provide the source?

However, there are 2 points open for discussion/clarification:

1. If a member is added, "during processing". They already have a processed application and have already be given a COPR. Their file be re-opened.

2. "it is not necessary to re-assess the sponsor’s ability to meet the minimum necessary income (MNI)". The key is "not necessary", however, MNI can still be re-assessed, worst case, it is not re-assessed, best case, it will be. In case it does get, one should be prepared for the worst case.
Again, that information refers to Family Class sponsorship and has nothing to do with economic apps.

Deepak2323

Aug 3, 2019
Hi,

I am also in a similar situation. Please respond to my below questions.

1. Why IRCC asked you to travel before October?
2. we have received out passports visa stamped already, and my wife is 3 months pregnant. By the time we fly she will be in her 5th month.
Shall we inform IRCC, in ding so will we have any further imlplications?

Please suggest.
Thanks

My wife is also pregnant and I received the PPR on 26th May 2019. I informed them the status and got a response like below:

Dear xxxx xxxx,

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa.

Thank you for updating our office on the expecting of your child. In this case, you are left with two options:

In this case, you are left with two options:

1) You may land prior to the birth of your child, and you will not need to add your child to your application as they would automatically gain citizenship at birth within Canada

2) If you cannot land safely, prior to the birth of your child, your application will have to be re-opened and the child will be added to your application. Any PR documents issued to you prior to landing would no longer be valid

Please note if you choose the first option, you must land prior to October xx 2019. Alternatively, if you choose the second option, please notify our office as soon as the child is born and we will provide further instructions.

We will be doing a short landing and return home this month to avoid the re-opening. All the best for your safe landing and safe delivery.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I am also in a similar situation. Please respond to my below questions.

1. Why IRCC asked you to travel before October?
2. we have received out passports visa stamped already, and my wife is 3 months pregnant. By the time we fly she will be in her 5th month.
Shall we inform IRCC, in ding so will we have any further imlplications?

Please suggest.
Thanks
1. That was the expiry date on their PR visa / COPR.
2. No need to inform IRCC. Just fly to Canada and land.

dashka

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Mongolia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hongkong
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hello !
My husband is Canadian and he is sponsoring me and my dependent child . We applied 2019-August medical done in mid 2019 October . Soon after that we went on a trip and I got pregnant. So we were thinking the application will be done by the time I give birth . But due to pandemic etc things had slowed down and I sent my passport to the visa office in hongkong like 2 weeks ago .and my due is 28 of July. But due to baby size It will most likely be 2 week early . My biggest concern is since my husband is Canadian the baby will Canadian . And we looked into the process of getting babies Canadian passport etc including the local birth certificate n everything it might take longer than3 months which is most likely me n my daughters COPR n medical might expire . I just don’t know how to deal with it ... is anyone had similar problem?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello !
My husband is Canadian and he is sponsoring me and my dependent child . We applied 2019-August medical done in mid 2019 October . Soon after that we went on a trip and I got pregnant. So we were thinking the application will be done by the time I give birth . But due to pandemic etc things had slowed down and I sent my passport to the visa office in hongkong like 2 weeks ago .and my due is 28 of July. But due to baby size It will most likely be 2 week early . My biggest concern is since my husband is Canadian the baby will Canadian . And we looked into the process of getting babies Canadian passport etc including the local birth certificate n everything it might take longer than3 months which is most likely me n my daughters COPR n medical might expire . I just don’t know how to deal with it ... is anyone had similar problem?
Did you tell the visa office that you are expecting a new child in July? If not, you should. Anyways, no need to worry.

dashka

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Mongolia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hongkong
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Did you tell the visa office that you are expecting a new child in July? If not, you should.
Yes we already did in fact we sent them so many emails about me being pregnant Since January. And only last month they asked some additional documents about proof of pregnancy , due date etc ... I sent them all and got my pre arrival letter and ppr so now waiting for my passport to return... I would love to land before the baby is born but bcz of the pandemic seems I can’t ...

AAKII

May 9, 2021
Yes we already did in fact we sent them so many emails about me being pregnant Since January. And only last month they asked some additional documents about proof of pregnancy , due date etc ... I sent them all and got my pre arrival letter and ppr so now waiting for my passport to return... I would love to land before the baby is born but bcz of the pandemic seems I can’t ...
Good day,
Pls share the status of things with your immegration now for us that have this same situation to know what to do. I will really appreciate you feedback. Thanks alot.

Reactions: dashka

dashka

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Mongolia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hongkong
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Good day,
Pls share the status of things with your immegration now for us that have this same situation to know what to do. I will really appreciate you feedback. Thanks alot.
Hello
We arrived in Canada in October couple days before my copr expiry date . Baby was born on July 30 th and as soon as he was born we applied for his Mongolian passport and and when we get it we applied for his Canadian citizenship and Canadian passport we had to deal with the Canadian embassy a lot they sent me lots of things to fill up and pay ... I did well but babies passport got stuck in beijing and we couldn’t leave before my copr expires. So my husband had to sent emails to everywhere in who has the power to bring our child to Canada . And at last they decided to make exemptions for us bcz of pandemic and irresponsible works of Canadian consul in Mongolia , they made him one way one time travel document . And at last on very tight time we finally landed in Canada in October and we got his passport few feels after but we still haven’t gotten his citizenship certificate yet .

dashka

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Mongolia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hongkong
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Good day,
So at last I will say it really is depending on how the Canadian embassy in your country and how much you are willing to go for it . If your husband is the Canadian citizen he has to email and try to get as much as response out of it lol good luck for you people . It was very hard for all of us . But finally we have reunited.

frenchsome

Jun 24, 2021
urgent: situation has changed now.IRCC has sent me a remedical mail and asked me and my spouse to complete medicals before 30days.Meanwhile I was pregnant and ran into labour and delivered my first kid yesterday.currently I am unable to do medicals.what shall I do.. have time only til November 13th.should I inform regarding newborn and ask for more time to do medicals

dashka

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Mongolia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hongkong
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
urgent: situation has changed now.IRCC has sent me a remedical mail and asked me and my spouse to complete medicals before 30days.Meanwhile I was pregnant and ran into labour and delivered my first kid yesterday.currently I am unable to do medicals.what shall I do.. have time only til November 13th.should I inform regarding newborn and ask for more time to do medicals
First of all congratulations for your new baby

yes I think you should inform them and ask to be extended your medical. And if your baby is Canadian you should contact the local embassy.

frenchsome

Jun 24, 2021
Bad situation... Got message from ircc to do remedicals.. booked for remedicals but unable to complete it as I ran into labour and gave birth.. post discharge now again booked medicals.. fully flooded here.. so not sure if I can make it up this time too! Between by Friday (12th Nov) the 30days timeline given by ircc will get over
Parallely I have raised webform stating I need additional time for medicals as I am admitted in hospital but no reply for that