+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy while waiting for PR

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sir our medical is already passed and we have submitted biometrics also.
In that case I would suggest you both land and either remain in Canada or return home to have the baby. One parent will need to be in Canada to sponsor the baby. As I mentioned earlier you will have to look at the healthcare policy for the province you want to move to. There are also specific residency requirements associate with healthcare coverage which you must look into. You could land and then sponsor your wife and child but that would mean a year of separation.

Asrar

Apr 23, 2019
In that case I would suggest you both land and either remain in Canada or return home to have the baby. One parent will need to be in Canada to sponsor the baby. As I mentioned earlier you will have to look at the healthcare policy for the province you want to move to. There are also specific residency requirements associate with healthcare coverage which you must look into. You could land and then sponsor your wife and child but that would mean a year of separation.
Sir just so that I understand clearly. You are saying I have 3 options now.

1. We both land and give birth in Canada.
2. We both land and she returns to give birth in home country. Then I will have to sponsor just my child.
3. I land alone and then sponsor my wife and child after birth.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

2. We both land and she returns to give birth in home country. Then I will have to sponsor just my child.
Yes but for option 2 you can also return home and return after the birth of the child to sponsor your child. You could try to get a TRV for the child but TRV or TRP is not guaranteed.

Asrar

Apr 23, 2019
Yes but for option 2 you can also return home and return after the birth of the child to sponsor your child. You could try to get a TRV for the child but TRV or TRP is not guaranteed.
What is TRV and TRF?

Also, if I decide to go for option 3 where I land alone and then sponsor my wife and child will it be possible because for PR application I have claimed points for my wife’s education and IELTS as well? And difficult is the process of sponsoring wife and child?

surajsukumar

Aug 18, 2019
Hi all,

I have a query regarding the change of circumstances mentioned as part of ppr email.

One of them says, "Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement)"

My wife is currently pregnant (3 months), will this information cause any delay in getting the landing visa stamped on the passport, or is this requested just for information ?

Is it wise to inform CIC right away now or to inform during the landing? I am afraid of any delays due to the same in getting the passport stamped.

Could you please suggest with any advice.

Thanks in Advance
How did you finally go about this situation?

dharaniaras

Aug 27, 2019

Hi Asrar,
Could you let us know which decision you made finally ? Would like to know since we are in a similar situation.

sandy Pannu

Feb 1, 2023
Hi, i have one question, i am 3 months pregnant .i am working for sinp for my permanent residency. Is any problem if i am on leave after doing 5 months work .
Or
Any problem in federal process like if i am on maternity leave than i cannot do work ,it will any problem in hours or regular working needs compulsory.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, i have one question, i am 3 months pregnant .i am working for sinp for my permanent residency. Is any problem if i am on leave after doing 5 months work .
Or
Any problem in federal process like if i am on maternity leave than i cannot do work ,it will any problem in hours or regular working needs compulsory.
You post in the wrong forum. Should be posting in the provincial nominee one.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Or
It’s not clear what you are asking but time you are not actually working will not count towards time working to qualify for PR.

pawan30

Sep 4, 2023
Our passport went for stamping work permit for both me and wife. After that we got to know that wife is pregnant, so do she needs to do medical test again or it is fine?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Our passport went for stamping work permit for both me and wife. After that we got to know that wife is pregnant, so do she needs to do medical test again or it is fine?
Wrong section of the forum. Post to the Foreign Workers section.