+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy support (Mothers Visa)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I have already applied for visitor visa for my parents in lieu of my wife's pregnancy in oct and have been waiting to give biometrics. Since biometrics in India are closed, I was planning to send them to Dubai. However, I got PHAC letter and I want to know if I submit PHAC, is biometrics not required? Any helo would be appreciated!!
What does the PHAC letter state? Does it say there is an exemption from biometrics.

Reactions: goyalneha60

tharakesh

Apr 3, 2021
What does the PHAC letter state? Does it say there is an exemption from biometrics.
I'm sorry if I was not clear. I was referring to the Letter of Required Support Form as the PHAC letter. I have this signed by a physician but am yet to submit this. Just trying to understand if I have to call off the plans to visit Dubai since that is all scheduled for this weekend ( I am inclined towards cancelling due to risk of Covid during travel)

ritikachhalani

Jul 1, 2018
Oh ok. My parents just finished biometrics in dubai btw coz I heard they are asking for them even with PHAC. If u have time you can try PHAC first.

tharakesh

Apr 3, 2021
Oh ok. My parents just finished biometrics in dubai btw coz I heard they are asking for them even with PHAC. If u have time you can try PHAC first.
That's great! Where did they travel from and how safe was the travel? My parents are travelling from Chennai to Dubai and I am scared about Covid infection during travel. I am trying to submit PHAC and see if I need biometrics in 24 hours (Will cancel Dubai plan if I don't have to provide biometrics)

ritikachhalani

Jul 1, 2018
That's great! Where did they travel from and how safe was the travel? My parents are travelling from Chennai to Dubai and I am scared about Covid infection during travel. I am trying to submit PHAC and see if I need biometrics in 24 hours (Will cancel Dubai plan if I don't have to provide biometrics)
They traveled from Chennai too. Appointments were easily available and while we were nervous until reports came which took about 24 hours and everything has been OK. They finished biometrics yesterday.

tharakesh

Apr 3, 2021
They traveled from Chennai too. Appointments were easily available and while we were nervous until reports came which took about 24 hours and everything has been OK. They finished biometrics yesterday.
Awesome! I'm hearing that you will be asked to provide a local Dubai cell number when they take the Covid test in Dubai on arrival. What are your thoughts and how were your parents able to manage?

ritikachhalani

Jul 1, 2018
Awesome! I'm hearing that you will be asked to provide a local Dubai cell number when they take the Covid test in Dubai on arrival. What are your thoughts and how were your parents able to manage?
They didn't take a local number that much I'm sure of. They downloaded an app and they got a msg on too. They had some international pack on

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
You need to apply for compassionate grounds and she can enter without biometrics... whole process takes around 15-30 days. you need to get the approvals from your doctor on "Letter of required support". Myself and many other people got approvals on the same. Let me know incase you need more details.
In how many days did you get approval from the date of submission of PHAC letter. It's been almost 3 weeks for us since we sent an email to IRCC with the letter but haven't heard back yet

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no need to apply via PHAC. You could apply for a normal TRV and might even hear earlier because more people actual process TRVs.

ritikachhalani

Jul 1, 2018
You need to apply for compassionate grounds and she can enter without biometrics... whole process takes around 15-30 days. you need to get the approvals from your doctor on "Letter of required support". Myself and many other people got approvals on the same. Let me know incase you need more details.
Could you please guide on the quarantine plan after receiving PHAC? I have been asked to submit an itenary.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Could you please guide on the quarantine plan after receiving PHAC? I have been asked to submit an itenary.
You can not quarantine with a pregnant woman so you need to show your plans for hotel quarantine and then plans for quarantine in a basement if you have one or an Airbnb or hotel.

ritikachhalani

Jul 1, 2018
You can not quarantine with a pregnant woman so you need to show your plans for hotel quarantine and then plans for quarantine in a basement if you have one or an Airbnb or hotel.
Has this been your personal experience? I wanted more details from someone who has been through the situation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has this been your personal experience? I wanted more details from someone who has been through the situation.
Pregnant women (and infants) are considered high risk because they can have a much more serious case of covid and also have contact with the healthcare system. You are asked if there is a vulnerable person (including pregnant women) living in your quarantine location. Your daughter would also be asked if she had any contact with anyone who has travelled in the past 14 days before having any contact with a healthcare worker or entering a healthcare facility. Even if there weren't any quarantine guidelines you should want to protect your daughter and her baby from covid.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/pregnancy-and-covid-19/art-20482639#:~:text=Risks during pregnancy&text=However, pregnancy increases the risk,for Disease Control and Prevention.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/pregnancy-breastfeeding.html
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00578-y