+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy of spouse before medical request - Additional Help requested !!

rubensingh

Apr 29, 2014
Dear Seniors,

I just received a medical request for me and my wife. However my wife is 5 months pregnant.
Please help with my below queries. This thread might be a great help to those who require full clarity on pregnancy cases.

1. The newborn is expected in may-2015, so the additional member needs a passport and file additional application form with additional fee, correct ?
2. Will this delay the process as Canadian authorities will not advise mother to undergo medicals before delivery ?
3. Should we inform CIC to hold on our medicals until the delivery is done considering the fact that even if we give our medicals now with pregnancy, they will hold our file until delivery is done.
4. do we have just 1-year to be in Canada from the date of medicals done ? If this is true then if my medicals are done now, i need to get my child's application filed and passport made quickly to get things processed on time. Can we catch up with time on that ?

5. Can the principal applicant (me) travel alone with my medicals done on time or the whole family needs to travel together ?
6. Will my wife need to reappear for medicals if her Xray is not done this time ? Does the newborn needs a medical done too ?

7. When will the visa office request for our passports ? at what stage.? We need both our passports to request for our child's passport. Also do i need to be in India (my visa office location is India) at the time of my Passport submission . I work abroad and handling my entire process remotely using an agent in India.

THANKS A TON !!

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
rubensingh said:
Dear Seniors,

I just received a medical request for me and my wife. However my wife is 5 months pregnant.
Please help with my below queries. This thread might be a great help to those who require full clarity on pregnancy cases.

1. The newborn is expected in may-2015, so the additional member needs a passport and file additional application form with additional fee, correct ?
2. Will this delay the process as Canadian authorities will not advise mother to undergo medicals before delivery ?
3. Should we inform CIC to hold on our medicals until the delivery is done considering the fact that even if we give our medicals now with pregnancy, they will hold our file until delivery is done.
4. do we have just 1-year to be in Canada from the date of medicals done ? If this is true then if my medicals are done now, i need to get my child's application filed and passport made quickly to get things processed on time. Can we catch up with time on that ?

5. Can the principal applicant (me) travel alone with my medicals done on time or the whole family needs to travel together ?
6. Will my wife need to reappear for medicals if her Xray is not done this time ? Does the newborn needs a medical done too ?

7. When will the visa office request for our passports ? at what stage.? We need both our passports to request for our child's passport. Also do i need to be in India (my visa office location is India) at the time of my Passport submission . I work abroad and handling my entire process remotely using an agent in India.

THANKS A TON !!
You are in the exact same situation in which I was a year before, Even your wife's EDD is almost the same of mine.
Anyways congratulation :)

Well first of all it is compulsory to add your newborn for which you require additional fee of 150$ and passport of newborn.

secondly you have 2 options.

1. you can write to cic that your with is pregnant and you need guidelines. In this case they will delay your wife medical or even all family members medical till the devilry.

This will delay your process for almost 1 year

2. you can go through medical exam and hold your wife x-ray. i this case the DM will inform CIC with your EDD and X-ray will performed after delivery.

OR

You can also go through complete medical exam including your with x-ray, because now a day they place a some sort of protective shield on the patient belly so it doesn't harm the fetus inside. But this depends on the Clinic facility and your will.

In my case I adopted the second one.

you can check my timeline and have an idea for the my whole process.

Thanks

slam.dunk

Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much and Jazakhallah sir for sharing this useful info.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. Yes, the child will need a passport and to be added to the app, unless s/he is born in Canada.

2. It isn't up to the authorities. It is entirely your guys' decision whether to have the X-ray done now; it is considered very safe for a pregnant woman to have a chest X-ray with a lead apron covering the belly. You can expect that the pregnancy will probably delay things.

3. Do not ask CIC to hold the medical request. Do the medicals as soon as you can, even if you decide she is deferring the X-ray.

4. Yes, it's around one year from the date of the medicals. it's possible that you may have to undergo another medical if there are significant delays but it's also possible that CIC will approve the app with enough time or extend the medicals.

5. The principal applicant can travel first but everyone will get their visas and COPRs at the same time. They won't approve your app prior to processing your dependents.

6. It's possible she will need a new medical but no one can say for sure. Yes, the newborn will need a medical as well; it is just a basic physical.

7. No one can tell you when you will receive the passport request. As far as I know, it's illegal to mail an Indian passport across borders, so you will have to either travel there for passport submission and remain until you get your passport back or authorize someone to carry it there and back for you.

Are you currently in Canada?

rubensingh

Apr 29, 2014
Thanks @masood8 and @canuck_in_uk for the replies !

I am currently working in Ghana in IT and my wife is in India due to her pregnancy. We hired an agent and chose New Delhi as our visa office. Everything has been very smooth so far.
My Agent tells me that i would be able to submit my passport in Ghana too after we receive the request for submitting the passport. I hope that's true or else i will travel to India especially for submitting my passport.

Looking at your replies i think the best thing to do would be :

>> getting the medicals done for me and my wife. Will try if possible to even get her X-RAY done as well with protection. Attach a cover letter mentioning her state ( though it will be clear with the medicals) and providing the RPRF fee for both of us.

Please clarify if i need to wait for CHC to get back to me after me and my wife's medical tests ( knowing the fact that the newborn will come in May ) or i need to send them a notification after the birth of the child to send me the medical request for the child and his application fee Etc.. ???

When can i expect passport request ?? as i would be unable to send them my passports before my child is born (in 3 months) as it is required for getting my child's passport made. Hope CHC will send me all these requests after the child birth.

Lastly , knowing the fact the medicals have a validity of 1 year, are there chances to complete this whole process in a year after my medicals ( considering the newborn birth after 3 months from date of medicals)

THANK YOU !!

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
good luck bro

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hello , If you get the medical request go ahead and do it. Only keep pending your wife xray part. The Dmp will fill the medical form and state your wife delivery date on it . After delivery just put a letter to visa office along with the new born documents like birth certificate, passport copy and applicable fees. They will within a month send your wife xray request forms. I have gone thru this situation.

green3

Nov 19, 2014
KRP said:
Hello , If you get the medical request go ahead and do it. Only keep pending your wife xray part. The Dmp will fill the medical form and state your wife delivery date on it . After delivery just put a letter to visa office along with the new born documents like birth certificate, passport copy and applicable fees. They will within a month send your wife xray request forms. I have gone thru this situation.
hii can u plz tell me at which e mail adress or postal adress we have to notify cic about deferring x-ray.thanx

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
green3 said:
hii can u plz tell me at which e mail adress or postal adress we have to notify cic about deferring x-ray.thanx
The Panel Physician will notify CIC.

Minali

Mar 27, 2015
KRP said:
I have a question here as i am in the similar situation. If i do the medicals at a hospital in one location by deferring the xray. Do i need to do the xray after baby is born at the same hospital or can it be done in other hospital also?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Minali said:
I have a question here as i am in the similar situation. If i do the medicals at a hospital in one location by deferring the xray. Do i need to do the xray after baby is born at the same hospital or can it be done in other hospital also?
You cannot go to any Radiology Clinic. When you go for the medical, the Panel Physician will give you an X-ray deferral form that will tell you where to do the X-ray.

m11nk

Aug 14, 2014
Hey i have a question!! Im pregnant,jst 7 weeks. And i got medical request for PR.i went for medical and doc has advised to get x ray done when 1st trimester will end..i want to ask that if i send my x-ray after 1st trimester,will i get ppr within few days as happens normally or pregnancy can delay that??

ssoy

Jan 11, 2016
Even if you get yourmedical done, they will wait for the baby's delivery and medical to issue the visa. Thats what happened with me as I was in the same situation. The baby will be addedto your application, hence the process willbe put onhold until you provide baby's documents and medical. You will get a second notificationright before your estimated due date on what you need to do and provide once baby is born.
However please note our visa was issued with expiry date of 1 year on my medical date not the baby's, which was much later. We objected before the visa issuance and got it changed. Fyi...

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssoy said:
Even if you get yourmedical done, they will wait for the baby's delivery and medical to issue the visa. Thats what happened with me as I was in the same situation. The baby will be addedto your application, hence the process willbe put onhold until you provide baby's documents and medical. You will get a second notificationright before your estimated due date on what you need to do and provide once baby is born.
However please note our visa was issued with expiry date of 1 year on my medical date not the baby's, which was much later. We objected before the visa issuance and got it changed. Fyi...
You statement is valid if s/he wants to have a baby in home country. It does not apply if s/he decides to have a baby in Canada.

ssoy

Jan 11, 2016
AFAIK, She cant give birth in canada as she is not a PR but is in the process atm. They automatically deferred our application once I declared I was pregnant. Its a different process if you are an unlanded PR and get pregnant before landing. Then you are either looking at giving birth in Canada or sponsorship.