+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy after AOR

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello frenz,
My AOR is 8th Dec,18.I got pregnant after my medical and my due date is in July.My expected PPR is June.
I will be delivering my baby in my country.
My questions are-
1.When should I inform immigration office abt my pregnancy? Mostly I read to inform after receiving PPR mail.they will stop the process and ask me to submit documents after delivery .
2.How much time it takes to get PPR mail after I wl submit my baby documents?Will it delay my process for 6-7months or it will be done in 1-2 months? As my medical will expire in Oct,2019.

ehloimolino21

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hello frenz,
My AOR is 8th Dec,18.I got pregnant after my medical and my due date is in July.My expected PPR is June.
I will be delivering my baby in my country.
My questions are-
1.When should I inform immigration office abt my pregnancy? Mostly I read to inform after receiving PPR mail.they will stop the process and ask me to submit documents after delivery .
2.How much time it takes to get PPR mail after I wl submit my baby documents?Will it delay my process for 6-7months or it will be done in 1-2 months? As my medical will expire in Oct,2019.
PR already?pls share your experience

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
PR already?pls share your experience
My AOR 8th dec2018
Ppr mail-15th June 2019
Informed cic about pregnancy and delivery due in July ...cic replies back tat it has put on file on hold and inform them immediately after baby birth..
Baby born on july 16th,informed cic July 22nd...got a mail on same day to submit baby passport ,medical and fees by August 22nd..
Somehow collected all the documents and submitted on 15th August...
Received Ppr mail 26th August..
Sent passport and got COPR on 5th September,2019.
Hope I answered all questions...if u have any other questions let me know

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
My AOR 8th dec2018
Ppr mail-15th June 2019
Informed cic about pregnancy and delivery due in July ...cic replies back tat it has put on file on hold and inform them immediately after baby birth..
Baby born on july 16th,informed cic July 22nd...got a mail on same day to submit baby passport ,medical and fees by August 22nd..
Somehow collected all the documents and submitted on 15th August...
Received Ppr mail 26th August..
Sent passport and got COPR on 5th September,2019.
Hope I answered all questions...if u have any other questions let me know
Thanks for sharing your details.
Until what date was your visa valid? Was it the day you did your medicals?

We have a similar situation. But with the current Covid circumstances, it is a bit complicated.

My AOR is 27 Dec, 2019. My wife is pregnant with the approximate due date in mid-September. SInce Canada has banned all the international incoming travel until June 30, although allowed in some cases, but i am leaning towards delaying our flight. Here it gets a bit complicated. In July, my wife will enter her third trimester and it's not recommended to take any flights by this time. We did our medicals in October 2019.

Of course i did not get my PR yet, and no PRs have been issued since the coronavirus has spread to Canada (maybe except for inland applicants). The immitracker has only 2 claimed PPR since the quarantine started. So we don't know really when we will get one.

So in case of getting PPR before June 30.
My question is: What are the chances we can get extension for my wife to deliver in my homecountry? I mean the period between June and September is rather long.

In case our file is put on hold until the birth, do we still need to land before our medicals expire (Oct 2020)? Or will we get an extension? Or will we be asked to re-do our medicals?

If anyone is knowledgeable on this issue, please let me know what would be the best way to go about it?

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for sharing your details.
Until what date was your visa valid? Was it the day you did your medicals?

We have a similar situation. But with the current Covid circumstances, it is a bit complicated.

My AOR is 27 Dec, 2019. My wife is pregnant with the approximate due date in mid-September. SInce Canada has banned all the international incoming travel until June 30, although allowed in some cases, but i am leaning towards delaying our flight. Here it gets a bit complicated. In July, my wife will enter her third trimester and it's not recommended to take any flights by this time. We did our medicals in October 2019.

Of course i did not get my PR yet, and no PRs have been issued since the coronavirus has spread to Canada (maybe except for inland applicants). The immitracker has only 2 claimed PPR since the quarantine started. So we don't know really when we will get one.

So in case of getting PPR before June 30.
My question is: What are the chances we can get extension for my wife to deliver in my homecountry? I mean the period between June and September is rather long.

In case our file is put on hold until the birth, do we still need to land before our medicals expire (Oct 2020)? Or will we get an extension? Or will we be asked to re-do our medicals?

If anyone is knowledgeable on this issue, please let me know what would be the best way to go about it?

Thank you.
As long as you didn’t do your medical at the beginning of a October and your baby doesn’t arrive late you will be fine. Once you have your baby you notify CIC before your COPR expires. You ask to add the baby to your express entry. You will have to submit the baby’s passport and medical and you will all get new COPRs.

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
As long as you didn’t do your medical at the beginning of a October and your baby doesn’t arrive late you will be fine. Once you have your baby you notify CIC before your COPR expires. You ask to add the baby to your express entry. You will have to submit the baby’s passport and medical and you will all get new COPRs.
Thanks for the response. We did our medicals on Oct 18, 2019.

What would be the consequences if the baby arrives later. There is also time i need to allocate to send our passports back and forth as well as issuing a new passport for the baby. This is what i am worried about the most, very short timeframe.

Thank you.
Regards

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for the response. We did our medicals on Oct 18, 2019.

What would be the consequences if the baby arrives later. There is also time i need to allocate to send our passports back and forth as well as issuing a new passport for the baby. This is what i am worried about the most, very short timeframe.

Thank you.
Regards
My landing date was till 1 yr after my medical...so I think u also hv to do landing till then...u shld inform abt pregnancy wenever u receive ur PR mail..they will put ur application on hold and ask you to inform them once baby arrives..after tat they will send u pr mail again..in my case they gave me very less time to submit everything but by god grace I was able to do it...
Where r u located?

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
My landing date was till 1 yr after my medical...so I think u also hv to do landing till then...u shld inform abt pregnancy wenever u receive ur PR mail..they will put ur application on hold and ask you to inform them once baby arrives..after tat they will send u pr mail again..in my case they gave me very less time to submit everything but by god grace I was able to do it...
Where r u located?
We are located in Kazakhstan. So has to be a pretty long flight.