+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pregnanacy care in ontario

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
hello members i want to ask about health care in pregnancy.
i am about to move to canada and currently my wife is in 4th month of pregnancy. is it good time to move and anyone who moved during pregnancy plz share what points to be considered and does is it easy to get health care in ontario.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello members i want to ask about health care in pregnancy.
i am about to move to canada and currently my wife is in 4th month of pregnancy. is it good time to move and anyone who moved during pregnancy plz share what points to be considered and does is it easy to get health care in ontario.
Are you both PRs? Are you planning on settling in Ontario permanently? At least over 6 months without leaving for over a month?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes both pr
Yes
Do you shouldn’t have a problem. Would arrive as soon as possible because it will take time to organize getting an OB. In the 2nd trimester there isn’t much that happens if you have a healthy pregnancy. Waiting until the 3rd trimester gets harder. Given how far she is along in her pregnancy it will be unlikely that she will be employed long enough to qualify for maternity payments after she gives birth. If you don’t give birth in Canada you would have to sponsor the baby which has to be done with at least one parent in Canada meeting their RO. That would complicate your life more than giving birth in Canada.

Reactions: Rahul61

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
thanks.
I am also in doubt weather it will be possible to survive with minimum wage job of 1 person.
And as I am going without job will it be problem to get rental apartment.
Anyone in same situation who moved during pregnanacy please share your opinion

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks.
I am also in doubt weather it will be possible to survive with minimum wage job of 1 person.
And as I am going without job will it be problem to get rental apartment.
Anyone in same situation who moved during pregnanacy please share your opinion
Where are you planning on living? How much savings do you have? What is your work and education history and have you worked for any multinationals?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No mine is regulated profession , private practice as vet in india
Not sure how difficult it is to get licensed as a foreign trained vet in Canada but we are desperate for vets since Canada trains so few vets every year. It will certainly be challenging at minimum wage so hopefully you will be able to get a job that is higher than minimum wage. Do you have friends or family in Canada already? Is there a specific reason you want to move to Burlington? Do you have to spend time at the Canadian vet schools as a component of your licensing if you are trying to get licensed in Canada? Even if your wife gives birth abroad you still will then need to sponsor your child which would require one of you to meet your RO and remain in Canada to sponsor the child which could lead to a family separation depending if your baby can‘t get a TRV to visit Canada while waiting for their sponsorship to be completed in 6-12 months. If they are able to be in Ontario waiting until they get PR they won’tqualify for provincial healthcare until are PRs and will have to pay for routine care out of pocket and will need to pay for emergency travel insurance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would research the differences in getting licensed in each province. It may be easier to get licensed in certain provinces. The type of veterinary medicine will also impact where you should live in Canada or within a province. Small vs. Big animals? Mostly household pets or have farm work as part of your practice? Do you want to work with more exotic animals are more uncommon types of pets and animals like bird, reptiles, animals, etc.? Are you interested in wildlife veterinary medicine and/or conservation?

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Yes I am interested to work in farm animals and exotic birds like wildlife also.
If anyone have any oppoutunity please provide me some guidence

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
That is the reason I am trying to come As early as possible but doubt regarding survival on min wage since only can work for 4 to 5 months or more

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Found this article on Vancouver Sun. So the description is more for BC.

Foreign-trained vets from non-accredited schools must take three National Examining Board tests — basic and clinical sciences, North American veterinary licensing, a preliminary surgical assessment and a clinical proficiency — in order to receive a certificate of qualification.

Completing all exams can take three to five years, then the vet must register in their home province in order to practice.
:
:
:
For instance, in Alberta there is a limited supervised licence, which allows a vet who graduated from a non-accredited school, has been accepted to enter the National Examining Board process and has passed the basic and clinical sciences exam, to work under the immediate supervision of a full licensed vet for up to two years.

You can read the rest of it here:

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/b-c-veterinary-college-urged-to-consider-interim-licences-for-foreign-trained-vets

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Thanks for sharing the info
I am currently preparing for exam and at second stage of exams. As per my research for some time like 1 year option availble are more like survival job wage rate
I want to ask members
Which decision one should take , 1. To leave job in india, survive with min wage for some time in canada and give birth in canada ,
2. Give birth abroad and later sponser the child

3. Is it possible to get rental with min wage and survive with family and a saving of 16000

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for sharing the info
I am currently preparing for exam and at second stage of exams. As per my research for some time like 1 year option availble are more like survival job wage rate
I want to ask members
Which decision one should take , 1. To leave job in india, survive with min wage for some time in canada and give birth in canada ,
2. Give birth abroad and later sponser the child

3. Is it possible to get rental with min wage and survive with family and a saving of 16000
To sponsor a child you need to be compliant with your RO so you can only be outside Canada for a certain amount of time. Is there a reason you want to live in Burlington? Living in the GTA will be expensive in general.