+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Predict Which Study Program Will Help PR in next 2 or 3 years

PRDream

May 2, 2016
Hi All,

As becoming an international student, you may have three ways become PR via, FSW, FST and CEC but your profile to be strong and with high CRS score if you have positive LMIA. therefore, could you pls predict which study program will help to get positive LMIA in next 2 or 3 years. As my understanding two career will help you for positive LMIA: Nurse and Cooking, correct if I am wrong. Pls add more study program as much as possible.

Thank you for your contribution

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is nearly impossible to predict trivial issues like if LMIA itself will still be discontinued. I guess the prediction game should not work in this domain.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The purpose of undertaking a course of study is too acquire knowledge and a unique set of skills that come from the discipline in which the study is undertaken. Once completed the applicant should then apply practical knowledge to solve real-life business problems.

In short I'm trying to say that study should be undertaken in order to improve academic skills and knowledge, not just to improve the chances of being a successful immigrant. Successful immigration will then follow in due course (if the applicant pursues it).

PRDream

May 2, 2016
JoacRy said:
The purpose of undertaking a course of study is too acquire knowledge and a unique set of skills that come from the discipline in which the study is undertaken. Once completed the applicant should then apply practical knowledge to solve real-life business problems.

In short I'm trying to say that study should be undertaken in order to improve academic skills and knowledge, not just to improve the chances of being a successful immigrant. Successful immigration will then follow in due course (if the applicant pursues it).
Thank you for you reply

I understood what you mean but if you already had a skill set and had a lot of yers foreign experience and want to move Canada and becoming PR for better life for our Kids ( not enough point FSW). Therefore, we want to study a second career what will help us to get a positive LMIA in the future and having a advantage apply PR. As I know becoming PR via EE system is quite difficult for older people. You study 2 years and have WP 3 years, so you only have 1 to 2 years apply PR otherwise you will waste your money and effort if your first intention is Canada PR not just a career.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PRDream said:
Thank you for you reply

I understood what you mean but if you already had a skill set and had a lot of yers foreign experience and want to move Canada and becoming PR for better life for our Kids ( not enough point FSW). Therefore, we want to study a second career what will help us to get a positive LMIA in the future and having a advantage apply PR. As I know becoming PR via EE system is quite difficult for older people. You study 2 years and have WP 3 years, so you only have 1 to 2 years apply PR otherwise you will waste your money and effort if your first intention is Canada PR not just a career.
I know what you mean as well. Just keep in mind 3 things:

1) An LMIA is 100% dependent upon the employer to file it for you. You are not allowed to file the documentation. You are not allowed to pay the Fees either. IT is 100% employer Driven. For you this means finding an employer willing to go through the rigorous LMIA documentation checklist and submit the documents.

2) Getting an LMIA is not that easy as they are given generally to employers who have applied on behalf of people where the specialized skill set is not available in the local market. In places like Toronto and Vancouver almost impossible to get an LMIA.

3) An LMIA can take up to 6 months or longer to process and you have to rely on the employer having the patience to stick with the process.

In my opinion, try for a 'Provincial Nominee Program' (PNP) (if applicable). The PNP places 100% of the burden on you and none on the employer.

Disclaimer: I have not applied for a PNP. Nor have I had an employer apply for an LMIA on my behalf. I'm just writing about the experiences I have read after being a member on this forum for more than 6 months.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
I don't have a crystal ball to predict future. Nobody can.

PRDream

May 2, 2016
JoacRy said:
I know what you mean as well. Just keep in mind 3 things:

1) An LMIA is 100% dependent upon the employer to file it for you. You are not allowed to file the documentation. You are not allowed to pay the Fees either. IT is 100% employer Driven. For you this means finding an employer willing to go through the rigorous LMIA documentation checklist and submit the documents.

2) Getting an LMIA is not that easy as they are given generally to employers who have applied on behalf of people where the specialized skill set is not available in the local market. In places like Toronto and Vancouver almost impossible to get an LMIA.

3) An LMIA can take up to 6 months or longer to process and you have to rely on the employer having the patience to stick with the process.

In my opinion, try for a 'Provincial Nominee Program' (PNP) (if applicable). The PNP places 100% of the burden on you and none on the employer.

Disclaimer: I have not applied for a PNP. Nor have I had an employer apply for an LMIA on my behalf. I'm just writing about the experiences I have read after being a member on this forum for more than 6 months.
Thank you for your advise and will take note.

The first priority, I would like to take the study program which employer will be willing to do LMIA and Canadian do not much interest to do the job as which I mention above (Nurse & Cooking). In additional to, i just found the other two program what I little bit interest but I dont know about LMIA for this job ( Registered Massage Therapy (noc 3236) & Acupuncture (3232) and also dont see any LMIA in the LMIA statistical as link below.

The second priority will be PNP as your advise.

I do not allow to post the link so I need to remove

esdc.gc.ca/en/reports/foreign_workers/2015/lmia_quarterly_statistics/top_occupation.page#h2.1-h3.9

PRDream

May 2, 2016
mf4361 said:
I don't have a crystal ball to predict future. Nobody can.
Hi mf4361,

I maybe use the words "predict" incorrect, the words should be "forecast" because we can based on historical data and make a forecast for the future. the link of LMIA statistical will tell us a little think about what Noc code can get a LMIA support from employer. Pls see the link below:

esdc.gc.ca/en/reports/foreign_workers/2015/lmia_quarterly_statistics/top_occupation.page#h2.1-h3.9

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
PRDream said:
Thank you for your advise and will take note.

The first priority, I would like to take the study program which employer will be willing to do LMIA and Canadian do not much interest to do the job as which I mention above (Nurse & Cooking). In additional to, i just found the other two program what I little bit interest but I dont know about LMIA for this job ( Registered Massage Therapy (noc 3236) & Acupuncture (3232) and also dont see any LMIA in the LMIA statistical as link below.

The second priority will be PNP as your advise.

I do not allow to post the link so I need to remove

Thanks you for your information, the corrected link here:

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/en/reports/foreign_workers/2015/lmia_quarterly_statistics/top_occupation.page#h2.1-h3.9