+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre march 18 - CoPR expired during the pandemic. Questions regarding GCMS Notes

gokw

Jun 30, 2021
Hi,

My CoPR was approved pre march 18 but it expired without us being able to complete the landing due to the COVID disaster. I notified IRCC about being unable to travel back in May 2020 (before CoPR expiry in June '20). Since then, we have received no communication from them (such as "Do you still want to immigrate" email others have received).

To check whether their email communication was somehow missed by us (spam?), or to see if our file was somehow closed, we ordered GCMS notes. I had a few questions regarding it:

1) The outgoing section does not have any update since October 01, 2019 (before CoPR was even approved). Had they sent out the "Do you still want to immigrate" email, it would have been reflected in the "outgoing correspondence" section, right? Can I definitively say I have not received any correspondence from them since October 01, 2019?

2) In the notes section, this seems to be the last update on October 20, 2020 (After CoPR expired) :
"Reassessment has been granted. A new medical activity will need to be created in order to reflect the new medical validity date. This is a permanent residence applicant whose file has been finalized and has been identified as part of the PR landing inventory for whose Immigration Medical Examination (IME) is about to expire. In order to relieve the pressures associated with COVID-19, the file is being reassessed (6 months for designated countries and 1 year for non-designated countries). Should the applicant not land before the expiry of the medical, a new IME will be required. The IME was assessed as M1 or M3."

What do the above notes mean? Can I assume that the file is not closed?

Hi @legalfalcon , I've seen you help answer some other similar questions. I would appreciate if you are able to share your thoughts on this one too!

Best regards,
gokw

Reactions: newbulu

slugger

Jan 28, 2021
2) means your medical was extended for either 6 months or a year. Can't be sure about 1) but probably no correspondence happened with you.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi,

My CoPR was approved pre march 18 but it expired without us being able to complete the landing due to the COVID disaster. I notified IRCC about being unable to travel back in May 2020 (before CoPR expiry in June '20). Since then, we have received no communication from them (such as "Do you still want to immigrate" email others have received).

To check whether their email communication was somehow missed by us (spam?), or to see if our file was somehow closed, we ordered GCMS notes. I had a few questions regarding it:

1) The outgoing section does not have any update since October 01, 2019 (before CoPR was even approved). Had they sent out the "Do you still want to immigrate" email, it would have been reflected in the "outgoing correspondence" section, right? Can I definitively say I have not received any correspondence from them since October 01, 2019?

2) In the notes section, this seems to be the last update on October 20, 2020 (After CoPR expired) :
"Reassessment has been granted. A new medical activity will need to be created in order to reflect the new medical validity date. This is a permanent residence applicant whose file has been finalized and has been identified as part of the PR landing inventory for whose Immigration Medical Examination (IME) is about to expire. In order to relieve the pressures associated with COVID-19, the file is being reassessed (6 months for designated countries and 1 year for non-designated countries). Should the applicant not land before the expiry of the medical, a new IME will be required. The IME was assessed as M1 or M3."

Hi @legalfalcon , I've seen you help answer some other similar questions. I would appreciate if you are able to share your thoughts on this one too!

Best regards,
gokw
My first CoPR expired in June 2020 and I've had multiple communications with them in Sep/Oct 20 and March 21 about moving to Canada. Have you contacted them using webforms indicating that you are now ready to move and would like the travel authorization or new CoPR? At this point, I'd just keep emailing and sending webforms.

sh221b

Feb 24, 2021
In how many days did you get a reply to your GCMS notes? I had applied last month and it's been more than 30 days still no reply from them.

newbulu

Nov 15, 2019
Hi,

Best regards,
gokw
I am on the same boat, your post reminds me to order a GCMS notes to check my file status. Thanks a lot for sharing and wish you all the very best.

gokw

Jun 30, 2021
I am on the same boat, your post reminds me to order a GCMS notes to check my file status. Thanks a lot for sharing and wish you all the very best.
Thanks, wish you the best too. Please keep me posted on what happens to your case. I’ll do the same

gokw

Jun 30, 2021
My first CoPR expired in June 2020 and I've had multiple communications with them in Sep/Oct 20 and March 21 about moving to Canada. Have you contacted them using webforms indicating that you are now ready to move and would like the travel authorization or new CoPR? At this point, I'd just keep emailing and sending webforms.
Yes, I raised a webform once in June. Never heard back. I guess will keep trying.
Any lawyer I can consult who could help me with these questions?

SJP2021

Aug 17, 2021
I am guessing we will all just have to wait until its is our turn. Hopefully we will get feedback soon.

newbulu

Nov 15, 2019
Hi,

Best regards,
gokw
Hey, have you heard any update?