Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hi everyone,

I've created a checklist based on what I've seen on the various threads...hopefully you find it useful. If you have any comments / notes to share...you can add them to the sheet

I'm wondering if it might be helpful to indicate which application class the requirements pertain to as I'm wondering if some landing requirements are unique depending on the immigration class (can anyone think of anything?)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19iIDQXsnVXK1SuDNZyT2uUJDlo6CkUSTmsXambuOvP4/edit#gid=0

If we can keep bumping up this post rather than creating new posts it might be helpful to everyone.

C.

Reactions: cc31 and lok254

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015

blueboybjj

Jul 17, 2016
Hi,

I was just wondering how to fill up CBSA Form BSF 186. At the top of the form there are two boxes there: Country of Origin and Country of Export. Does the latter pertain to Canada? (which means Country of Origin is my home country).

Do I also use the same form for my list of Goods to Follow?

Thanks.

blueboybjj

abstalks

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good job OP!

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
blueboybjj said:
Hi,

I was just wondering how to fill up CBSA Form BSF 186. At the top of the form there are two boxes there: Country of Origin and Country of Export. Does the latter pertain to Canada? (which means Country of Origin is my home country).

Do I also use the same form for my list of Goods to Follow?

Thanks.

blueboybjj
hmmmm...don't recall that...but I imagine it means the country of original where the goods were purchased? and then the country of export? For example, some of the stuff we listed was originally purchased in Canada (and then brought to the country where we were living)...so I think for those I put Canada as the country of origin....hopefully someone can shed some light on this...

Yes - we used the same list for both

C.

TC21

Jun 17, 2015
In BSF186/186a, how do we mention the funds that we will be transferring from our home country bank to Canada bank?

Also how much in detail are we really supposed to go in filling the form, especially for clothes and household items?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
TC21 said:
In BSF186/186a, how do we mention the funds that we will be transferring from our home country bank to Canada bank?

Also how much in detail are we really supposed to go in filling the form, especially for clothes and household items?
I think when you transfer funds, the banks ask the source (if greater than a specified amount). If not, I don't think you do anything (i.e. no need to "declare" it as they are only concerned about what you are carrying (cause the banking system deals with money laundering in their own way)

In terms of detail, it depends on your comfort level. Electronics should be itemized with serial number. Household goods can be described more generically (i.e. kitchen pots and pans, dishes, cooking utensil). You can do it by Box number if you have already packed the items (i.e. Box 1 - Women's clothing and outerwear, Box 2 - Kitchen utensils and dishes, etc....)

It will all depend on the person reviewing your shipment at the border.....sometimes they have good days and sometimes they have bad days....

C.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
TC21 said:

You do not mention funds on those forms. They are strictly for property not money.
If you will be carrying money on you exceeding C$10,000 you will declare that on the "declaration card" issued to you on the flight. If you will be transferring money later (after you land), you don't need to declare that anywhere on landing - you only need to show the officer proof that you have the required funds (if he/she asks) - bank statement, letter from bank, cash, bank draft etc.

All the best.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
next2015 said:
You do not mention funds on those forms. They are strictly for property not money.
If you will be carrying money on you exceeding C$10,000 you will declare that on the "declaration card" issued to you on the flight. If you will be transferring money later (after you land), you don't need to declare that anywhere on landing - you only need to show the officer proof that you have the required funds (if he/she asks) - bank statement, letter from bank, cash, bank draft etc.

All the best.
And keep in mind that once you declare funds carried over 10,000 CAD, you must declare all funds in all currencies, regardless of the amount. Not a big deal...but just so you are prepared. Declaring these funds is important because when you want to deposit them into a bank, they will ask you about the source of the funds, etc..if you can show them the receipt that customs gives you for declaring them, it's easier. You can carry any amount (1 million if you like)...you just need to declare it. ;)

C.

NeelaR

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Where to declare money that will be transferred later (from the bank in the country of origin)? Is it on the declaration card or any other form like B4? Kindly advise. Thanks.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
NeelaR said:
Where to declare money that will be transferred later (from the bank in the country of origin)? Is it on the declaration card or any other form like B4? Kindly advise. Thanks.
You cannot declare future money transfers. It has nothing to do with the exemption for importing your household belongs when you first arrive in Canada. For household belongings (including a vehicle) you must declare goods that are accompanying you and goods to follow - two separate lists using the same form. Keep a copy for yourself!

Regarding carrying money or monetary instruments:

Every time you enter Canada (whether a visitor or PR or citizen) you need to complete the customs declaration card (usually handed out on the airplane before you land or you can do it when you arrive). This card has a section that asks, Are you carrying currency / monetary instruments totalling CAD 10,000 or greater? If you click yes, when you arrive you will be directed to another office (or maybe same person - it depends) where they will have you fill out a form (or they do it electronically) where you give all currencies and the total for each that you are carrying.

Hopefully this helps.

C.