+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-arrival Services Letter

JAY1982

Jun 1, 2018
We are still waiting, it has been 6 months so far
Best of luck. After I received the pre-arrival services letter on 10 May, the Visa Office replied to an email of mine and asked me to contact them if I don't hear back from them within 180 days.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
We are still waiting, it has been 6 months so far
Awwww... what a long time for background check... meanwhile did they request for some updates forms or any pcc?fingers crossed for fast bg check:)

CarrieK

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Awwww... what a long time for background check... meanwhile did they request for some updates forms or any pcc?fingers crossed for fast bg check:)
No, nothing. We applied for his PPR Jan 2, 2018. It was determined by Paris VO in June of 2018 that he needed an interview to determine if marriage was genuine. We went to that interview in Tunisia Jan. 27, 2019. My husband answered all the questions and brought a tear to the eye of the lady interviewer. She determined our relationship was indeed genuine and that there were no roadblocks from this on his application. We were thrilled. She apologized that the background check would probably still take 3 months. We said no problem, thank you. Then we got the pre-arrival services email, next day. We were also asked to get updated police certificates, We supplied them.... fast forward to 6 months later. end of July, 2019. I contacted the MP who helped us to finally get the interview in Jan. The got back to him and said the CIC interviewer was mistaken about timelines and that they only started the background check July 19, 2019. We were happy to get the update but unhappy that it only just started. Aug. 11, 2019 was our second anniversary which we did not spend together.

I feel that the officer is being bias towards our application as I the sponsor am female and older than my husband. Another couple that had the interview in Jan. same day as us, are waiting as well and she the sponsor is older than her husband too. Im upset because it is "their questioning of the validity of our relationship" that held it up. When they see they are wrong should our file not be a top priority since we are Outland PPR and over a year, well now 19 plus months. I want to go back and visit, but flights are about $2000 super expensive, Its the busy time for my business (fall), plus my sister has ALS (with no other family member or friend to visit her in long term care). I pray he will get an email soon to bring passport in so we can finally be together. Although I believe his medical expired in March so likely they will make him get another one....

Anyways, on a positive, our love for each other continues to grow.

Hope all goes well for people on the forum.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
No, nothing. We applied for his PPR Jan 2, 2018. It was determined by Paris VO in June of 2018 that he needed an interview to determine if marriage was genuine. We went to that interview in Tunisia Jan. 27, 2019. My husband answered all the questions and brought a tear to the eye of the lady interviewer. She determined our relationship was indeed genuine and that there were no roadblocks from this on his application. We were thrilled. She apologized that the background check would probably still take 3 months. We said no problem, thank you. Then we got the pre-arrival services email, next day. We were also asked to get updated police certificates, We supplied them.... fast forward to 6 months later. end of July, 2019. I contacted the MP who helped us to finally get the interview in Jan. The got back to him and said the CIC interviewer was mistaken about timelines and that they only started the background check July 19, 2019. We were happy to get the update but unhappy that it only just started. Aug. 11, 2019 was our second anniversary which we did not spend together.

I feel that the officer is being bias towards our application as I the sponsor am female and older than my husband. Another couple that had the interview in Jan. same day as us, are waiting as well and she the sponsor is older than her husband too. Im upset because it is "their questioning of the validity of our relationship" that held it up. When they see they are wrong should our file not be a top priority since we are Outland PPR and over a year, well now 19 plus months. I want to go back and visit, but flights are about $2000 super expensive, Its the busy time for my business (fall), plus my sister has ALS (with no other family member or friend to visit her in long term care). I pray he will get an email soon to bring passport in so we can finally be together. Although I believe his medical expired in March so likely they will make him get another one....

Anyways, on a positive, our love for each other continues to grow.

Hope all goes well for people on the forum.
I think since you were given pre-arrival, also requested pcc, you will just need to wait for background check to finish. Nothing u can do about it... just wait! I understand about money, I also see my husband very rarely... maximum two times a year for a couple of weeks since he has to work. But this wait will definitely make us value each other even more.
You are in your final stage and if he has no criminal problems in the past, your approval will come! :) stay positive!!!

Reactions: CarrieK

luisalex

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-06-2018
AOR Received.
17-08-2018
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
2-05-2019
Hello everyone!

I’m a PNP applicant, outland, no job offer.
Here’s my timeline:

AR june 13 2018
AOR aug 17 2018
MR may 2 2019
MP may 22 2019
FT and ADR (fbi clearance) may 27 2019
Submitted ADR june 6 2019
Pre arrival june 19 2019

No update since pre arrival. LVO is Manila. My gckey still says it hasn’t started my background check. :(:(:(

I’m already anxious and have no idea when I can possibly receive PPR.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Unless it is sent after an interview. Then it means that portion of the process is successful
Just to clarify. My fiancee who I am sponsoring as conjugal partner had her interview this week at the MVO. 2 days later we got pre-arrival letter from immigration. So what your saying is because she got the letter after the interview that the officer has given us a pass on the conjugal partner sponsorship ?

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hello, Duemanshi. Pre-arrival letter are send as soon as you both passed eligibility. but that has nothing to do if you are invited or not for an interview. If you are at the final stage, you wil get either the PPR letter or an invitation for an interview.
HUH, what do you mean both passed eligibility, ONLY PA needs to pass eligibility at this point, the sponsor already PASSED their eligibility from the start when their application was in Sydney, NS. When the application is at the PA's VO, its all about the PA at this point, the sponsor's application was already processed in Canada. After pre-arrival you will never be asked for interview, why would they if you already passed eligibility? Eligibility=Relationship is Genuine. They usually ask for interview because they doubt that your relationship is genuine.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hello everyone!

I’m a PNP applicant, outland, no job offer.
Here’s my timeline:

AR june 13 2018
AOR aug 17 2018
MR may 2 2019
MP may 22 2019
FT and ADR (fbi clearance) may 27 2019
Submitted ADR june 6 2019
Pre arrival june 19 2019

No update since pre arrival. LVO is Manila. My gckey still says it hasn’t started my background check. :(:(:(

I’m already anxious and have no idea when I can possibly receive PPR.
What are the messages in your GCKey?

ours say:

Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
We had these messages for a long time, we did really pay attention to them but I think we had these messages since the beginning when we linked the application. What does your Background check say? I've heard these messages don't really have any significance, some officers don't even update them and you get surprised with a PPR hehehehe. Who knows is their system is 100% accurate, I doubt it.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
HUH, what do you mean both passed eligibility, ONLY PA needs to pass eligibility at this point, the sponsor already PASSED their eligibility from the start when their application was in Sydney, NS. When the application is at the PA's VO, its all about the PA at this point, the sponsor's application was already processed in Canada. After pre-arrival you will never be asked for interview, why would they if you already passed eligibility? Eligibility=Relationship is Genuine. They usually ask for interview because they doubt that your relationship is genuine.
Well said. My fiancee had an interview last week at MVO as we are doing a conjugal relationship sponsored. The interviewer said she believed we were in a genuine relationship. 2 days after we got the pre-arrival services letter

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
What are the messages in your GCKey?

ours say:

Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
We had these messages for a long time, we did really pay attention to them but I think we had these messages since the beginning when we linked the application. What does your Background check say? I've heard these messages don't really have any significance, some officers don't even update them and you get surprised with a PPR hehehehe. Who knows is their system is 100% accurate, I doubt it.
Speaming of GCKEY I have a question. If I have a lawyer handling my case do only they access to the GCKEY? We have a paper application but was told not to link them cause my lawyer is handling our application

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Just to clarify. My fiancee who I am sponsoring as conjugal partner had her interview this week at the MVO. 2 days later we got pre-arrival letter from immigration. So what your saying is because she got the letter after the interview that the officer has given us a pass on the conjugal partner sponsorship ?
Yes, that's what it usually means, it means that the officer has no doubts that your relationship is genuine, so he/she passed your eligibility, 99.9% you are approved unless something bad in your background/security checks but that is rare at this stage;)

Last edited:

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Speaming of GCKEY I have a question. If I have a lawyer handling my case do only they access to the GCKEY? We have a paper application but was told not to link them cause my lawyer is handling our application
I'm not to sure about this, the only thing you could do is ask your lawyer for updates since he is your paid representative. Your lawyer is suppose to inform you on every update their is on your application. I would not play around with trying to link the application because only one person is allowed, you can't have multiple people with different log ins, only one log in per application.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
I'm not to sure about this, the only thing you could do is ask your lawyer for updates since he is your paid representative. Your lawyer is suppose to inform you on every update their is on your application. I would not play around with trying to link the application because only one person is allowed, you can't have multiple people with different log ins, only one log in per application.
My lawyer updates me on every email sent from CIC. I have a login on the CIC website where its shows basic things like when they started processing my app and when medical results were received. It doesnt say anything about background check started or not in progress. Thats why i would like to access my GCKEY. So ill ask my lawyed and maybe they can check

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Yes, that's what it usually means, it means that the officer has no doubts that your relationship is genuine, so he/she passed your eligibility, 99.9% you are approved unless something bad in your background/security checks but that is rare at this stage;)
Are background checks ALWAYS done at the end of someones app? is it possible they sometimes are done at the beginning or middle part of ones app? Because some people get ppr a week after pre-arrival and others sometimes months. so im wondering if the ones who get ppr a week after pre-arrival maybe had their background check done in earlier stages of their app? and the ones who waited months after pre-arrival had to wait for the background to clear? whats the diff between background and security check?

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
My lawyer updates me on every email sent from CIC. I have a login on the CIC website where its shows basic things like when they started processing my app and when medical results were received. It doesnt say anything about background check started or not in progress. Thats why i would like to access my GCKEY. So ill ask my lawyed and maybe they can check
Yeah, that's ECAS not GCKEY. If your lawyer wants to give you access to GCKEY, that would be an option to ask him, I know some lawyers that do this but you are already at a late stage so I would suggest to wait for your PPR;) It's coming hehehehe.

Reactions: Jaybee43