+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-arrival Services Letter

LENLAC

Aug 13, 2017
My husband in Philippines received pre-arrival services letter this Feb 14, 2018. Still wondering when the Passport Request will come. This is the only update we received since we got a letter from cic that his application is already on Manila last December 2017. I dont know what’s going on with his papers. Need some opinions so will be relieved. Thanks!

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Hi there.
It can take several weeks to a few months for the passport request. The pre-arrival services letter simply means eligibility is passed (relationship is genuine). It doesn't mean the other checks such as criminality or background and medical have been assessed or completed yet.

LENLAC

Aug 13, 2017
Oh. So I have to wait for few more weeks then. When the last time we checked the status, they said medical is successful. We thought passport request will be very soon. Good to know that that letter means approval of eligibility. Thanks!

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Oh. So I have to wait for few more weeks then. When the last time we checked the status, they said medical is successful. We thought passport request will be very soon. Good to know that that letter means approval of eligibility. Thanks!
Currently on the same boat - my husband received his pre-arrival services last Feb 3, and no word from the Manila VO since. Based on the status, we've also passed the medicals (submitted around October last year), and so far no additional documents requested.

I've been following a bunch of forums threads and Facebook groups, it seems that a few other people are still waiting since they got their pre-arrival invitation late last year (probably around November/December), and I think a bunch from January as well. But hopefully everything will work out soon :) Good luck!

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
Yes, I recieved the pre arrival letter on Jan 9th, but still waiting for some movement.

@JulianaAndrew - can I ask, how do you know that the letter indicates that the relationship is genuine?

Reactions: Ann31

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
see canuser below the pre-arrival services are only available to you if youve passed eligibility, so far so good:)

Yes, I recieved the pre arrival letter on Jan 9th, but still waiting for some movement.

@JulianaAndrew - can I ask, how do you know that the letter indicates that the relationship is genuine?
List of Pre-Arrival Services

These pre-arrival services are free and available to you if:

• you have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter, OR a notification about a positive eligibility decision on your application from the Department of Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada, and
  • you are outside of Canada.

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
@Jaywill Thank you so much! It feels so much more real when you see the "official" word on their site :) The reason why I ask is because I'm thinking of flying out to meet my husband, but we are worried that if I fly out now, they might call randomly for an interview, then I have to fly out again... which would be so expensive! Just trying to weigh out the options :)

Thank you, thank you!

see canuser below the pre-arrival services are only available to you if youve passed eligibility, so far so good:)

List of Pre-Arrival Services

These pre-arrival services are free and available to you if:

• you have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter, OR a notification about a positive eligibility decision on your application from the Department of Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada, and
  • you are outside of Canada.

Reactions: Jaywill

arimame

Aug 31, 2017
Japan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-10-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
Just wanted to chime in to say I received a pre-arrival letter on February 13th from MVO and haven't heard anything since. I perhaps got too excited because in the MVO thread, some people got decision made the day after they got their pre-arrival letter. But it looks like more waiting for us! I am hoping it is just a couple weeks and not months.

Reactions: ayns and canuser

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
Hi @arimame, it looks like most people who get the letter from MVO get their PPR in about 10 days :)

I hope that is the case for you too! Keep us posted when you get an update!

Reactions: arimame

LENLAC

Aug 13, 2017
My husband received pre-arrival services Feb 14 this year. And it’s already March 16 and no passport has been requested yet for him :( Im really wondering what’s already happening on his application.

arimame

Aug 31, 2017
Japan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-10-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
My husband received pre-arrival services Feb 14 this year. And it’s already March 16 and no passport has been requested yet for him :( Im really wondering what’s already happening on his application.
I’m still waiting too! It looks like some people had to wait a couple months after receiving the pre-arrival letter.