+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRCard Renewal 2023

shabou

Feb 8, 2019
Yes, the acknowledgment stated my application number (starting with R). Up to now, I was not able to link my application....
Thanks
Please any feedback....to why I was not able to link my application....even with the AOR (Acknowledgement) received yesterday, Jan 17th.
They received my URGENT PR Card Renewal application on Jan 15th (paper)
I received the AOR (Acknowledgement) on Jan 17th.
I used the below links:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
GCKey - Sign In / Sign Up (clegc-gckey.gc.ca)
Thank you in advance for your feedback.

shabou

Feb 8, 2019
Please any feedback....to why I was not able to link my application....even with the AOR (Acknowledgement) received yesterday, Jan 17th.
They received my URGENT PR Card Renewal application on Jan 15th (paper)
I received the AOR (Acknowledgement) on Jan 17th.
I used the below links:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
GCKey - Sign In / Sign Up (clegc-gckey.gc.ca)
Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Finaly I was able to link my application. And, I just received the below interesting and good news:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 17, 2024.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 17, 2024.
We started processing your application on January 17, 2024.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 17, 2024.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 17, 2024.
In fact, they received my URGENT PR Card Renewal application on Jan 15th (paper)

Reactions: Sjm19

saranya21

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Thanks to this thread it was very helpful

PR Card Renewal 2024 Timeline

Applied Online: Jan 03 2024

Linked with GcKey: Jan 11 2024 (For some reason i was trying since the 4th but the system would always come back stating it could not find an application. However when i tried on 11th it was able to find my application )

Application Approved: Jan11 2024 We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
Did you get the card?

MG72

Jan 19, 2024
Finaly I was able to link my application. And, I just received the below interesting and good news:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 17, 2024.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 17, 2024.
We started processing your application on January 17, 2024.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 17, 2024.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 17, 2024.
In fact, they received my URGENT PR Card Renewal application on Jan 15th (paper)

Congrat, Can you pls share what docs as proof for urgent application you provided ?

Reactions: Sjm19

jcanilanza

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Davao City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I applied online for PR renewal (urgency requested) last November 2023 and I haven't heard back anything from them. I was able to link my application and I can see my information in the IRCC secure account. I didn't receive any AOR or any email from them and I called them twice already. Yesterday they told me that I have to wait for 60 days and the agent I spoke with wrote a note to IRCC since it's already passed the normal processing time.

Is there anyone who can give me insights of what should I do, anything or anyone who have experienced this situation. I am thinking to submit PAPER this time, should I pay again or just attach the receipt from online application? I really need PR Card asap. Please help.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello, I applied online for PR renewal (urgency requested) last November 2023 and I haven't heard back anything from them. I was able to link my application and I can see my information in the IRCC secure account. I didn't receive any AOR or any email from them and I called them twice already. Yesterday they told me that I have to wait for 60 days and the agent I spoke with wrote a note to IRCC since it's already passed the normal processing time.

Is there anyone who can give me insights of what should I do, anything or anyone who have experienced this situation. I am thinking to submit PAPER this time, should I pay again or just attach the receipt from online application? I really need PR Card asap. Please help.
Just curious, why would you apply again when you already have an application in process ? wont your new application put in queue and would be processed accordingly ?

Reactions: armoured

jcanilanza

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Davao City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2 queue applications would be nice and faster no?

Just curious, why would you apply again when you already have an application in process ? wont your new application put in queue and would be processed accordingly ?

Sjm19

Oct 8, 2018
Hello everyone, the processing time is currently showing 58 days.
Assuming this duration does not include postal time, Can anyone provide an estimate of how long it typically takes to receive the card via Canada Post after the processing is complete?

Sjm19

Oct 8, 2018
As a way to give back to this great community that helped me out with good insights, here are some details about my family online PR card renewal process and a very important remark about traveling with an old PR card while waiting for the renewal. Make sure you read till the end:

12 Oct 2023: Applied Online for the whole Family of 5 (Self+ Wife + Child 1 + Child 2 + Child 3)

12 Oct 2023: Immediately after each online submission I got an email confirmation except for my wife.

30 Oct 2023: Got the following error msg on the PR renewal portal:
- Primary identification is not provided (Child 2 & Child 3)
- Photos are missing (Self & Child 1)
All Action buttons were greyed, so clearly a glitch in the system.

30 Oct 2023: Managed to link Wife's application to my IRCC account, shows as application submitted. No luck with linking all remaining applications.

2 Nov 2023:

Spoke to IRCC asking for details why 4 applications are showing error messages, she confirmed it was a glitch on the system and that all applications were approved and sent for printing already by 30 Oct 2023 except for my wife's application which she confirmed it was looking good but is still under processing.

16 Nov 2023: 3 (out of 5) cards received in the mailbox (Self, Chil1 and Child 3)

20 Nov 2023: Child 2 PR Card received in the mailbox (Child 2)

15 Dec 2023: GU 1: Wife's PR on IRCC portal shows Application/Profile updated: Final decision - December 14, 2023

18 Dec 2023: GU 2: Wife's PR Card mailed. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive

19 Dec 2023: Called IRCC to check if we can travel while waiting for Wife's PR renewed card and to my extreme surprise, IRCC agent said that old card was already made INVALID, I challenged her that this is against what is written in the IMM 5445 Guide: "Upon issuance of a new PR card, your existing (or old) PR card will be invalid after 60 days following the date of issuance of the new card."
She said this was a very good question but she had no answer and only said that if you need to travel now, my wife would need to apply for a PRTD from abroad !!!

22 Dec 2023: Wife's PR Card received in the mailbox. Could not ask for a better gift for now and our travel plan can now be less stressful :)

Total Time from online application till card receipt: 35 Days (for 3 cards) 39 Days (for 1 card) 71 Days (for 1 card)

PS: We live in Montreal, QC and all cards were sent from Sydney, NS.
Hi, were these all urgent applications?

Sjm19

Oct 8, 2018
Hello everyone! Does anybody here submitted their paper application last week of november? Did you get an email already? Submitted my paper application november 24 and I haven't heard from them yet :(
Hi, I submitted my paper application on 30 Nov 2023 and I received AOR email on 5 Jan 2024.
No updates after that.

Sjm19

Oct 8, 2018
Thanks to this thread it was very helpful

PR Card Renewal 2024 Timeline

Applied Online: Jan 03 2024

Linked with GcKey: Jan 11 2024 (For some reason i was trying since the 4th but the system would always come back stating it could not find an application. However when i tried on 11th it was able to find my application )

Application Approved: Jan11 2024 We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
Received card? Was it urgent application?

Pavan7111

Aug 11, 2021
Hi, can anyone please let me know if I need to submit 2 pieces of evidence for Residency proof (Appendix A) when submitting an online application, even if I completed my 730 days? I am trying to renew my PR Card.

Last edited: