+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRCard Renewal 2023

guca

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
As a way to give back to this great community that helped me out with good insights, here are some details about my family online PR card renewal process and a very important remark about traveling with an old PR card while waiting for the renewal. Make sure you read till the end:

12 Oct 2023: Applied Online for the whole Family of 5 (Self+ Wife + Child 1 + Child 2 + Child 3)

12 Oct 2023: Immediately after each online submission I got an email confirmation except for my wife.

30 Oct 2023: Got the following error msg on the PR renewal portal:
- Primary identification is not provided (Child 2 & Child 3)
- Photos are missing (Self & Child 1)
All Action buttons were greyed, so clearly a glitch in the system.

30 Oct 2023: Managed to link Wife's application to my IRCC account, shows as application submitted. No luck with linking all remaining applications.

2 Nov 2023:

Spoke to IRCC asking for details why 4 applications are showing error messages, she confirmed it was a glitch on the system and that all applications were approved and sent for printing already by 30 Oct 2023 except for my wife's application which she confirmed it was looking good but is still under processing.

16 Nov 2023: 3 (out of 5) cards received in the mailbox (Self, Chil1 and Child 3)

20 Nov 2023: Child 2 PR Card received in the mailbox (Child 2)

15 Dec 2023: GU 1: Wife's PR on IRCC portal shows Application/Profile updated: Final decision - December 14, 2023

18 Dec 2023: GU 2: Wife's PR Card mailed. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive

19 Dec 2023: Called IRCC to check if we can travel while waiting for Wife's PR renewed card and to my extreme surprise, IRCC agent said that old card was already made INVALID, I challenged her that this is against what is written in the IMM 5445 Guide: "Upon issuance of a new PR card, your existing (or old) PR card will be invalid after 60 days following the date of issuance of the new card."
She said this was a very good question but she had no answer and only said that if you need to travel now, my wife would need to apply for a PRTD from abroad !!!

22 Dec 2023: Wife's PR Card received in the mailbox. Could not ask for a better gift for now and our travel plan can now be less stressful :)

Total Time from online application till card receipt: 35 Days (for 3 cards) 39 Days (for 1 card) 71 Days (for 1 card)

PS: We live in Montreal, QC and all cards were sent from Sydney, NS.

guca

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
I am trying to apply online for PR Card Renew application for myself and one child. Do I need to create separate account for my child. How do I add and submit both applications together. Please anyone who submitted family application online can guide through the process. Thank you

Neil_t

Jun 20, 2018
Posting pr card renewal timeline of my family.

For my son, online application submitted last week Oct 2023. I received photo resubmission request mid-Nov. PR card received mid Dec2023.

For my wife, online application submitted last week Dec2023. PR card received in 2 weeks.

For me , online application submitted mid-Dec 2023. PR card NOT yet received.

All the three applications shows “Submitted” status. So there is no way to guess if they need more info for my application or what else could be the issue. My PR renewal application was submitted a week before my wife’s application. So wondering where my application is stuck.

someone please suggest what are my options to check?

I have already used the link to check application status, but it shows “application not found” for both me and my wife.

unztaib

Oct 24, 2017
Applied for Renewal of PR card online on 30th November 2023, I still haven't received AOR yet. Is this normal? I have raised a web form asking for the status 5 days ago, but still haven't got a response. How long does it take to get AOR these days?

Neil_t

Jun 20, 2018

For my son, online application submitted last week Oct 2023. I received photo resubmission request mid-Nov. PR card received mid Dec2023.

For my wife, online application submitted last week Dec2023. PR card received in 2 weeks.

All the three applications shows “Submitted” status. So there is no way to guess if they need more info for my application or what else could be the issue. My PR renewal application was submitted a week before my wife’s application. So wondering where my application is stuck.

I have already used the link to check application status, but it shows “application not found” for both me and my wife.
Dear all, can someone suggest what can I do in this case?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Try this -

You can call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 .When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for Afghanistan and Ukraine refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach

Neil_t

Jun 20, 2018

My PR card renewal application and my son’s PR card renewal application were made using same PR Portal login ID. Could this be the issue for the delay in receiving my renewed PR card? Also, if there is a outstanding tax demand from CRA, could that impact PR card renewal process?

valeriedc

Jan 8, 2024
I applied for my PR renewal via mail and UPS says they delivered it Jan 5th and I’m going on vacation March 20th do you guys think I’d get it back by then ?

Rajangreen

Dec 4, 2023
Do we expect an email confirmation that your application has been submitted? When initiated the application, got a confirmation email but when submitted the application not confirmation was recieved.
Submitted my app on Dec 13 and yet no confirmation. Is it usual?

Monastirien

Apr 1, 2018
Dubai, UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2018
AOR Received.
27-07-2018
I am trying to apply online for PR Card Renew application for myself and one child. Do I need to create separate account for my child. How do I add and submit both applications together. Please anyone who submitted family application online can guide through the process. Thank you
You need to create your application first on the PR online portal then submit it then you will be able to press on "create new application" for your child's application. You cannot have multiple applications running on the system at the same time, but sequentially it is possible. That's how did when I renew the PR for my family of 5.

saranya21

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Applied Jan 8th online
Acknowledgement received Jan 17
Link to IRCC account Jan 17
Till yesterday I was not able to link my application, it was only showing my initial PR application back from 2019.
But upon checking the status in client application tool, it still doesnt show my application.

I also have a quick question. The email id I submitted for my PR application is different from what I have for my IRCC account. Is that ok? I access both the emails.

shabou

Feb 8, 2019
hi,
They received my URGENT PR Card Renewal application on Jan 15th (paper)
Acknowledgement received today, Jan 17
I was not able to link
my application to IRCC account .....or should I wait 24h after the acknowledgement?
Thank you for your feedback.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
hi,
They received my URGENT PR Card Renewal application on Jan 15th (paper)
Acknowledgement received today, Jan 17
I was not able to link
my application to IRCC account .....or should I wait 24h after the acknowledgement?
Thank you for your feedback.
Does the acknowledgment states any application number (starting with R?). If yes, you can link using that application number

shabou

Feb 8, 2019
Does the acknowledgment states any application number (starting with R?). If yes, you can link using that application number
Yes, the acknowledgment stated my application number (starting with R). Up to now, I was not able to link my application....
Thanks