Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Saw an update in GC key today renewal application approved and PR card has been mailed yesterday. So weird.
That's good, Finally :) Congratulations.. party time.. lol

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Finally, I see the status 'We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive. '

All the best to everyone whoever waiting for the card

Neil_t

Jun 20, 2018
Dear All, I need your support.

I submitted my online application for a PR renewal on July 10.

On October 19, I connected my application to GC Key.

"Final decision - October 10, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

how long this will take for it to show approved or rejected. and do i need to keep checking my GC key or i will be notified by an mail

looking for your feedback and insight on this regards.
Request for some info/pointers.
I submitted my application for PR renewal today. PR expires in first week of Jan. I have international travel coming up in Feb 2nd week. I have two questions:
1) Do i have enough time for the renewed card to reach me before 2nd week of Feb.
2) Some posts here mention about "connected application to GC Key". What is this and how is this done? I didn't get this option while filling out the online application form.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I submitted my application for PR renewal today. PR expires in first week of Jan. I have international travel coming up in Feb 2nd week. I have two questions:
1) Do i have enough time for the renewed card to reach me before 2nd week of Feb.
2) Some posts here mention about "connected application to GC Key". What is this and how is this done? I didn't get this option while filling out the online application form.
1. Check PR card renewal processing time by IRCC. those are fair enough
2. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Reactions: datta9899

nomad12

Jul 12, 2023
Sharing my PR card renewal timeline.

Applied through online pr portal on March 14th 2023, received card today. Never received AOR, till now unable to link application in GC key account and application not traceable through ECAS too. In PR portal still the status says submitted.
Wow! Was this urgent processing?

HarryQuake

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Yesterday my online pr renewal application gets "Primary identification is not provided Incomplete application" in return reason. But the status is still "Submitted". View button is grayed. I am not sure what to do about it. Anyone has any similar experience or suggestion? Thanks.
I received my card today. So I guess this return reason can be ignored.

Oct 30, 2017
Today, I was able to catch hold of an agent today and explained my paper application case. I was told that-
  1. My renewal application package was received at the concerned office in Sydney, NS - that's sigh of relief :)
  2. Only those renewal applications received by Oct. 4 are under processing so, I would need to wait for a bit
  3. Neither I would receive an email notifying the start of my application processing nor I would be able to track it online by linking GC Key or ECAS. This sounded a bit contrasting to the experiences shared by some of the fellow members who in spite of paper application were eventually able to link it to GC key ☹ I should only expect to receive an email if there's a follow-up from IRCC until then just wait.
Nevermind, I thought of sharing this with you all. All the best!

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil_t and steaky

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which country's passport do you hold? If it's anything other than the U.S., you could have a problem returning to Canada via a commercial carrier without a valid PR card or PRTD.

A valid PR Card or PRTD is only a requirement for a commercial carrier, NOT CBSA (although it's always recommended). All CBSA needs to see is evidence that you are a PR and have not lost or renounced your status.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi guys,I have below questions:
1. What's the current timeline going to to receive to PR Card?
2. How and when can I get Application number to link it to an GCK key account? I applied last week so after how many days I should call them to get the application number.

TheInterceptor

Nov 27, 2017
Submitted my application on 2nd Oct. after 20 days, portal was updated to "Payment Missing" as return reason. Submitted again and after a week, again returned with reason as Incomplete Application. This time called IRCC and was told that my first application is approved and card was already shipped a day ago....I was shocked to hear that..