+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRCard Renewal 2023

hopetbly

Jun 21, 2022
Hello, I'm processing a renewal application and just had a few questions. My aunt has been a PR since April 2017 while the 5 year assessment period starts from October 2018. For the employment and address section, should I list and start employment from April 2017-current, or just the eligible month (October 2018).

Example: she worked for a company from April 2017-July 2020. Should I just submit the dates as October 2018-July 2020?

Also, should I list all employment and even her part time schooling (uncompleted) even if there are overlaps in the dates?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
My PR card renewal timeline:

Online Application Submitted: July 27th, 2023
Application Linked: September 20th, 2023
Application Approved: September 25th, 2023
Renewed Card Received in Mail: September 29th, 2023
What did you include as an evidence showing your residency in Canada in the past 5 years?

datta9899

Sep 11, 2022
Hi all,
I’ve submitted my PR card renewal June 28th 2023
So far I see no updates, when I called the IRCC, they told me that application has been received and still in completeness check.
It’s been more than 90 days, unable to link in GC key.
In my case I’ve made several road trips to US around 20 in last 5 years due to my work there and have listed all of those in the application. Not sure if that’s causing the delay,
Any one in this situation?

Oct 3, 2023
Hi all,
Anybody is here from Toronto Etobicoke Lakeshore? I would like to gather a group of like-minded enthusiasts to make an appointment with our MP James Maloney. Not with his office but with MP himself to seek his advice on IRCC delays and how to survive without an ability to rent long term, ability to find a legal employment and so on.
My case of PR card renewal is not common. Long story short, it happened that I have two applications for the same renewal request - one of the applications already has status "Final decision made - approved" on 10-July and another is still in process. For weeks I am trying to explain to IRCC that I was misguided by them at the beginning of the process and I should not have created the second application in the first place. But nothing helps. They just ignore the fact that they already approved one application and saying that I have to wait for the second application to be reviewed, of course without any timelines

Pimpim

Sep 27, 2023
i sent paper application while i was in canada. Now i have travelled out of Canada and they sent email asking for <new photos. If i send photos with studio name located out of Canada written on back of photo,, can this be a problem??

Oct 3, 2023
Hi all,
I’ve submitted my PR card renewal June 28th 2023
So far I see no updates, when I called the IRCC, they told me that application has been received and still in completeness check.
It’s been more than 90 days, unable to link in GC key.
In my case I’ve made several road trips to US around 20 in last 5 years due to my work there and have listed all of those in the application. Not sure if that’s causing the delay,
Any one in this situation?
I am in a bit different situation - I am clearly not fulfilling residency obligations, but, when I returned to Canada in July (in a private vehicle via US-Canada crossing), the border security officer approved my entry on the grounds of compassion. He also entered and approved an empty PR card renewal application on the spot. When I called IRCC they asked to submit a new application so to upload photos, proof of payment etc. Which I stupidly did - now I have two applications - one is approved and another is in progress. All my calls to IRCC directly or via MP did not lead to anything - they are not able to explain how on earth they are still reviewing my second application if my first one was already approved. The only feedback I got from them - just wait....

DIvi.707

Mar 2, 2018
Hello All,
Need Help, If anyone have submitted online/paper request for PR Card Renewal.
As I am applying for my PR renewal Card. MY PR card is about to expire in next 3 months
Studied for 2 years and worked for 3 years and got my PR.

Can somebody help me what option to select and leave blank for the following,
" 3.5 Have you ever been issued any of the following documents?
Travel document or PR travel document "

So should I leave that as Blank/unanswered ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
Need Help, If anyone have submitted online/paper request for PR Card Renewal.
As I am applying for my PR renewal Card. MY PR card is about to expire in next 3 months
Studied for 2 years and worked for 3 years and got my PR.

Can somebody help me what option to select and leave blank for the following,
" 3.5 Have you ever been issued any of the following documents?
Travel document or PR travel document "

So should I leave that as Blank/unanswered ?
Only you can answer. Note: PR card is not a travel document.

Jul 30, 2023
I was also wondering if I’m allowed to fill out and submit the PTRD for him from Canada. I don’t see how they would be an issue if submitted online?
the person need to apply for travel documents from the country they are apply from to the visa office

mm1901

Oct 7, 2023
My PR card renewal timeline:

Online Application Submitted: July 27th, 2023
Application Linked: September 20th, 2023
Application Approved: September 25th, 2023
Renewed Card Received in Mail: September 29th, 2023
would you please share the steps to link the application.
I have submitted my application on July 30th for pr card renewal