Aug 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
Got my PR card in the mail today. Huge relief to finally have my first PR Card!

All told, it took 4 months from the day I mailed the application to CPC-Sydney.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
My PR renewal finally got approved
> We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Applied February 28, 4.5 months wait + up to 6 weeks more. Might end up being a total of 6 months, if it even arrives at all.
There were no updates to the application in my IRCC account between when I linked it and now. I suspect it was just dormant. No amount of calls made it move.
The card arrived today, 3 business days after it was mailed.
Incidentally, I was scheduled for a citizenship oath 1 day after PR renewal was approved. The law firm thinks that PR card renewal was processed because the citizenship office sent a request to the PR office, and they finally woke up. So, despite physical presence being completed for my citizenhsip application, they still check PR for some reason.

Reactions: sguru01

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
Hi All,

I submitted my PR Card renewal online application on 15th July but I haven't received any Acknoledge email that they received my application. Is that normal and what are the timelines now for PR card renewal

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
I applied to renew my card back in May 2023, I received an email saying that my application had been returned. When I logged in to the portal the reason said the picture didn’t meet specifications but it was a picture taken at Walmart so not sure why it did not meet specifications. Then when I logged back in it said the date signed had gone over the 90 days. How could this be when I signed it in May? I resent it as there was nothing wrong with the application but I’m worried because I need it before my interview in October with US embassy.

ireland128

Aug 3, 2023
Hi all,
I went through the PR renewal process recently. Sharing my timeline here for reference:

May 18 2023: Paper application received in Sydney
July 25 2023: AOR received via email and processing started on this date.
July 29 2023: Processing complete and PR card was sent by mail

Thanks!

Reactions: a nervous applicant

BobSusa

Jul 24, 2023
In my case, I and my wife submitted the PR renewal application online on May 20, my wife got the new card last week and I saw the return reason as 'primary identification is not provided'. I can not search out the application on CAS, but successfully linked it to my IRCC online account. It only says 'We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. '

Not sure when shall I call IRCC.

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
I was able to get a hold of an IRCC agent today. Unfortunately, they are not able to locate my or my husband's online renewal application (submitted end of April) :( The status shows that the application is still submitted. She sent an email to the office processing renewal applications to see if they could look into this and at least provide an update so that their agents can give us an update. So now we're stuck in limbo while our cards have already expired. Has anyone faced this situation?

Hinka7

Apr 4, 2023
Did you guys take a scan or photo of the backside of your old pr card when submitting it online?

saathvik92

Nov 1, 2021
I was able to get a hold of an IRCC agent today. Unfortunately, they are not able to locate my or my husband's online renewal application (submitted end of April) :( The status shows that the application is still submitted. She sent an email to the office processing renewal applications to see if they could look into this and at least provide an update so that their agents can give us an update. So now we're stuck in limbo while our cards have already expired. Has anyone faced this situation?
Same situation as yours. Applied in April, no change in status.

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Same situation as yours. Applied in April, no change in status.
Can you call them up? Best bet is to call right at 8 am. They told me they are currently processing applications received May 28. No idea why April ones are being delayed :/ They couldn't find my application (and asked me to call back in 5 business days for a status update) but did confirm that my husband's application is still being processed. It's so weird because we have a pretty straightforward renewal application.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Is it just me or it looks like there is more issues with online applications than paper ones? Is there an advantage of mailing a paper application? Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems like people that submitted paper get AORs and people that submitted online don’t get anythin.

also a question for someone who was able to do it, how to link your online PR card application to your ”My CIC” account so I can see the status? When you guys call IRCC to ask about the status, how do they find the application if there is no application number?
thanks

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Anecdotally, it does seem like people who mailed their applications have had more success in receiving AORs and info about their applications. When I called up, the agent told me that the UCI is basically your old PR card number that can be used to locate an application. To get an application number, the agent will locate it based on the info you provide (e.g. DOB, mailing address, phone, etc.) and if they have received it and started processing it, they will give you an application number (usually starting with an R for renewals).

Is it just me or it looks like there is more issues with online applications than paper ones? Is there an advantage of mailing a paper application? Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems like people that submitted paper get AORs and people that submitted online don’t get anythin.

also a question for someone who was able to do it, how to link your online PR card application to your ”My CIC” account so I can see the status? When you guys call IRCC to ask about the status, how do they find the application if there is no application number?
thanks

Reactions: jv3213

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
Hi guys,
I just submitted my PR card renewal paper application received on Aug 11. Lets see how long it takes them