+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRCard Renewal 2023

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
When we upload our passport copy, do we need to include pages that have stamps of when you enter and leave Canada? Since the last 2 3 years they stopped stamping passports at the Canada airports. So I have some from past years. Would it help to upload those?
Nope, I don't think you need to do this (we didn't).

Reactions: jv3213

TX2ON

Aug 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
My timeline:

Mailed application around March 17, 2023
AOR: March 27, 2023
Received AOR email from IRCC: June 20, 2023
Linked application in GCKey: June 20, 2023
Application status updated to "We are processing your application..." around June 21, 2023 or so

Is there a way I can get some idea of where I am in the queue?

I can't seem to check the application through ECAS either? I've tried the application number and my UCI, but nothing comes up.

Even though this is a renewal application, this is for my first PR Card - somehow my first PR Card got lost in the mail on the way to me and was sent back to IRCC.

I only found this out after contacting my MP's office; the Client Support Centre was unable to provide any info. Technically I have now been waiting upwards of 18 months for my first PR Card because of this.

ujji

Jan 28, 2021
Hello Folks,
I'm trying to apply for a PR Card Renewal for my grandparents. I just wanted to know what are some acceptable Residency Obligation Documents (Appendix A). Currently, I only have bank statements to prove their residency since they never worked or filed taxes in Canada. I was wondering if passport stamps are an acceptable form of proof.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks,
I'm trying to apply for a PR Card Renewal for my grandparents. I just wanted to know what are some acceptable Residency Obligation Documents (Appendix A). Currently, I only have bank statements to prove their residency since they never worked or filed taxes in Canada. I was wondering if passport stamps are an acceptable form of proof.
No, because the stamps would not prove residency. Besides, why would the have a stamp in their passport if the entered Canada as a PR?

Send a couple of bank statements (find ones that show actual `active' activity in Canada (local ATM, merchant, restaurant, etc.) rather than an online purchase. Since you need at least 2, from Appendix A, maybe a copy of their DL, or a membership card somewhere?

If they ever left Canada within the last 5 years, they hopefully have records of their exit/entry dates, because they need them on the application. If they do NOT have the info, they should request a copy of their CBSA travel history via an ATIP request through CBSA. Yes, the application asks for consent for IRCC to get info from CBSA, but the applicant still needs to populate the application with each and every trip first...even a trip across the border to get gas and return.

Reactions: ujji

TX2ON

Aug 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
My timeline:

Mailed application around March 17, 2023
AOR: March 27, 2023
Received AOR email from IRCC: June 20, 2023
Linked application in GCKey: June 20, 2023
Application status updated to "We are processing your application..." around June 21, 2023 or so

Just got a ghost update today (July 11, 2023)

The status line for "Final decision" now reads "July 11, 2023 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

It seems like the only thing that has changed is the addition of "July 11, 2023" to this status line.

Does this change mean anything?

ujji

Jan 28, 2021
No, because the stamps would not prove residency. Besides, why would the have a stamp in their passport if the entered Canada as a PR?

Send a couple of bank statements (find ones that show actual `active' activity in Canada (local ATM, merchant, restaurant, etc.) rather than an online purchase. Since you need at least 2, from Appendix A, maybe a copy of their DL, or a membership card somewhere?

If they ever left Canada within the last 5 years, they hopefully have records of their exit/entry dates, because they need them on the application. If they do NOT have the info, they should request a copy of their CBSA travel history via an ATIP request through CBSA. Yes, the application asks for consent for IRCC to get info from CBSA, but the applicant still needs to populate the application with each and every trip first...even a trip across the border to get gas and return.

Thank you for the detailed response. Do I need to add all bank statements within the last five years to the application or just a few?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the detailed response. Do I need to add all bank statements within the last five years to the application or just a few?
No, just a couple over the 5 year span (i.e. one from 2018 and one from this year).

Actually, you really only need proof from 2021-2023 (730 days within the previous 5 years). Having said that, I do suggest that you use one statement prior to 2021 (closer to 2018).

Last edited:
Reactions: ujji

PDChicago

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Hello all, wanted to provide an update - might be helpful for others. My wife and I had submitted our online applications for renewal of PR Cards on May 6. We did not receive any confirmation/acknowledgement email or AOR.
However yesterday, without any updates or notifications, we received our PR Cards in the mail. Took two months and a week.
Thank you.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all, wanted to provide an update - might be helpful for others. My wife and I had submitted our online applications for renewal of PR Cards on May 6. We did not receive any confirmation/acknowledgement email or AOR.
However yesterday, without any updates or notifications, we received our PR Cards in the mail. Took two months and a week.
Thank you.
Congrats! Now...pack your bags and get to that sandy beach...somewhere. LOL!

Reactions: sguru01

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
My PR renewal finally got approved
> We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Applied February 28, 4.5 months wait + up to 6 weeks more. Might end up being a total of 6 months, if it even arrives at all.
There were no updates to the application in my IRCC account between when I linked it and now. I suspect it was just dormant. No amount of calls made it move.

TX2ON

Aug 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
Just got a ghost update today (July 11, 2023)

Update on this:

On July 13, IRCC approved the application and mailed the PR Card.

I got an email notification for this update the next day (July 14).

There was no notification on July 13; just saw it because I've been checking it daily.

Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't get lost in the mail this time!

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Thank you.
Our case is similar. My wife applied for PR card renewal online early in June and the status is just "Submitted". She did not get any acknowledgement email or AOR. I guess we just have to wait.

Reactions: PDChicago