+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRcard is expired-is this a problem on a citizenship ceremony?

Ola L

Feb 7, 2019
Ontario
Hello,
Me and my 14yo son just got an invitation to the citizenship ceremony. In the letter they provided the list of the documents that we need to bring to the ceremony. It includes Permanent Resident card. My son's card was expired in june 2018. I didn't apply for the new one because we didn't plan to travel aboard until we get the citizenship. Now I am not sure if this will cause any problems for him to get the certificate?
Thanks,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello,
Me and my 14yo son just got an invitation to the citizenship ceremony. In the letter they provided the list of the documents that we need to bring to the ceremony. It includes Permanent Resident card. My son's card was expired in june 2018. I didn't apply for the new one because we didn't plan to travel aboard until we get the citizenship. Now I am not sure if this will cause any problems for him to get the certificate?
Thanks,
No it won't. The reason you have to take the PR card is so that they can take it off you.

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hello,
Thanks,
No, it doesn't matter. As mentioned above, they will take it away anyways so you are good. Go and enjoy the ceremony.