+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Valid job offer for Closed-Work-Permit LMIA-exempt Intra-Company-Transferee

guille1612

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Hello
I have a closed work permit, with the name of my employer stated in the work permit. My employer got me the work permit to move to Canada along with my family. I have been working here in Canada for more than 2 years now, on IT&S.
I am running low on CRS, under 400, and i need to apply to PR myself. My employer is only giving me an employment confirmation letter that states i am PERMANENT and FULL-TIME. However, they couldn't bring me a letter with the statement "at least one year after PR" or even "permanent after PR", because of their policies. Is a big canadian company actually. they say, HR, to apply with that letter i am telling, that it should be enough. However some lawyers don't thing the same. I heard also about an explanation letter to give details to IRCC officer.
IS there someone on a similar situation that give me some lights on this? Some of you in the same situation, have any template for this explanation letter?

Thank you very much in advance! Have a good day!

guille1612

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Hi,

I am in the same situation. did u find a way?
Yes, that letter from HR stating PERMANENT and FULL-TIME was more than enough. Even when you apply after ITA, it is very clear in the IRCC portal that this line "At-least-one-year" is required only for some specific NOCs, seasonal like teachers, farm workers, etc. They even mention that the offer letter should mention the "PERMANENT" status.
After i got rid of my lawyer, some weeks after this post, i applied including the job offer, and just two weeks later i got an Ontario nomination specific for CEC with Job offer, and they validated ok my job offer.

aaeahmed

Sep 6, 2018
Great to hear, Congratulations! Another question, are you the one who applied or the employer? Only you have that HR letter, did you get any other form stamped by your company?

guille1612

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Great to hear, Congratulations! Another question, are you the one who applied or the employer? Only you have that HR letter, did you get any other form stamped by your company?
Hello
I applied myself, and yes, that was the only paper that i requested to HR.

Reactions: aaeahmed

aaeahmed

Sep 6, 2018
I am sorry another question. I am applying for the provincial nomination myself. Is that what you did? Or you received the ITA then submitted your documents with the HR letter. I am asking if you applied yourself to the OINP and which stream? I missed the ITA in August as I didnot have an express entry profile and looks like they will not do any more withdraw in ontario so I am thinking to apply myself and pay the fees. Please advise if you can. Many thanks

guille1612

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
I am sorry another question. I am applying for the provincial nomination myself. Is that what you did? Or you received the ITA then submitted your documents with the HR letter. I am asking if you applied yourself to the OINP and which stream? I missed the ITA in August as I didnot have an express entry profile and looks like they will not do any more withdraw in ontario so I am thinking to apply myself and pay the fees. Please advise if you can. Many thanks
Hi @aaeahmed...there is no way to apply by yourself to OINP....you receive to receive an invitation from Ontario, in your EE profile. They invitation is called NOI (Notification of Interest). Without that, you can't apply to OINP. If you have more than 440 CRS points, you can get a direct ITA in your EE profile

aaeahmed

Sep 6, 2018
Hi @aaeahmed...there is no way to apply by yourself to OINP....you receive to receive an invitation from Ontario, in your EE profile. They invitation is called NOI (Notification of Interest). Without that, you can't apply to OINP. If you have more than 440 CRS points, you can get a direct ITA in your EE profile
Clear many thanks! Unfortunately they are focusing now all the draws on the French spreading. Hopefully OINP will do a draw for targeted job offers before the year end.

guille1612

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Clear many thanks! Unfortunately they are focusing now all the draws on the French spreading. Hopefully OINP will do a draw for targeted job offers before the year end.
Hope so too. Is true that they are running a lot of rounds for french speakers, but each round is only a little bit of invites. for sure they will one last HCP round for job offers before end of the year, just to close their capacity. Stay sharp.

aaeahmed

Sep 6, 2018
Hope so too. Is true that they are running a lot of rounds for french speakers, but each round is only a little bit of invites. for sure they will one last HCP round for job offers before end of the year, just to close their capacity. Stay sharp.
Another question, I understand that OINP decision after applying takes between 4-8 weeks. What about applying for PR after being selected from the express entry pool? I saw something on the internet referring to 6-8 months. Is it true? Thanks

aaeahmed

Sep 6, 2018
Another question, I understand that OINP decision after applying takes between 4-8 weeks. What about applying for PR after being selected from the express entry pool? I saw something on the internet referring to 6-8 months. Is it true? Thanks
And do I still need to keep my job after the provincial nomination. In other words, if I get the OINP and my score increased by 600, do I still need to keep my job to get the PR? Thanks again

guille1612

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
And do I still need to keep my job after the provincial nomination. In other words, if I get the OINP and my score increased by 600, do I still need to keep my job to get the PR? Thanks again
In my case it took 2 months from AOR to PPR. About the job offer, if oinp nominated you because the job offer, I suggest keep that job offer for the express entry.