+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR staus ( not meeting 730 days)

umyla2

Apr 18, 2017
Chillout guys, may be he has his own insecurities, dont be so hard on someone who is going through tough times.

@robal - I would advice you to send an email to IRCC about your situation and ask them for next steps and how they can help you with your specific situation. Having a legitimate medical issue is something i am hoping IRCC will definitely consider. Stop taking advices from strangers here about your specific situation and email or call them for more clarity.

I hope that you resolve your issue and will be able to travel to canada when you can! Goodluck.

• Love
Reactions: mpsqra

robal

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
Your only hope is to either attempt to come to Canada right now, and not leave for two years, if you're allowed in OR to apply for a PRTD and pray that the medical excuses will waive the residency obligations.

Additional note: if the PR card expires on September 20, it's highly likely you landed before then - your initial 5-year period as a PR is based on when you land and not the PR card.
Thanks for you kind and knowledgeable consideration

robal

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
Chillout guys, may be he has his own insecurities, dont be so hard on someone who is going through tough times.

@robal - I would advice you to send an email to IRCC about your situation and ask them for next steps and how they can help you with your specific situation. Having a legitimate medical issue is something i am hoping IRCC will definitely consider. Stop taking advices from strangers here about your specific situation and email or call them for more clarity.

I hope that you resolve your issue and will be able to travel to canada when you can! Goodluck.
Thanks for you kind and knowledgeable

robal

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
the best choice for your relative is: stay in India.
due to the organ transplant and continuing observation, the stress of being in a new place it not going to be good for his health.
the best wishes in India.
Thanks for you kind and knowledgeable consideration towards the whole situation

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Contacting the call centre will not help your case, as they can only provide general information about immigration processes and most of the time their information is incorrect.

If you're planning to call them and ask if your case is good for humanitarian considerations, they will not answer in any way that helps.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Contacting the call centre will not help your case, as they can only provide general information about immigration processes and most of the time their information is incorrect.

If you're planning to call them and ask if your case is good for humanitarian considerations, they will not answer in any way that helps.
That answer is not for me.
I gave him/her just an idea to search by him/herself some more information.
my first main suggestion was to stay in India, due to his/her health condition.
thanks

robal

Star Member
Sep 19, 2015
my first main suggestion was to stay in India, due to his/her health
Thanks for your valuable suggestions and information.

Reactions: mpsqra

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

IRCC won't provide advice. They will provide stock answer and direct the OP to information about the PR residency requirement and/or information about applying for a PRTD. Unfortunately they really aren't at all useful in that regard.

OP will need to engage an immigration lawyer or consultant for advice.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
my first main suggestion was to stay in India, due to his/her health condition.
thanks
I was quoting your advice to call the call centre and balancing it. I know it wasn't an answer for you. Just taking your advice and cautioning that the call centre is frequently wrong and will not give specific advice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How to file PRRD based on H&C reasons?
Follow the normal procedures to apply for a PR Travel Document. In addition to the regular documents and forms, include a letter explaining why your application should be considered on an H&C basis, along with evidence supporting your H&C argument (e.g. if the H&C argument is due to medical issues with an immediate relative, provide evidence like hospitalization records, notes from doctors, any other evidence that shows the immediate family member could not live alone and needed your support). You can find information on how to apply for a PRTD here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-resident-travel-document.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5529-applying-permanent-resident-travel-document.html