+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Soft landing from US - After EO

Gpsthind

May 8, 2021
hi i did complete the soft landing today at winsdor ambassador bridge and returned same day. total time took was 3 hours, to and fro. mostly i think because of saturday and i went there at lunch time. i will write a detailed post soon
Congrats bro..

mnsan81

Feb 28, 2021
Hi All,

I am planning for landing this weekend. Please let me know which bridge is best for soft landing.
1. Peace Bridge
2. Rainbow Bridge

Please share latest landing experience which related to these 2 bridges.

Thanks.

MST555

Jun 16, 2021
Guys,

Thanks for the updates. After looking at so many success stories, I am feeling confident about soft landing.
Few questions....

1) Did anyone do soft landing into Saskatchewan Province from North Dakota? Specifically Portal, North Dakota Border crossing.
2) I got Canada PR using Saskatchewan PNP, is anyone familiar if I can do soft landing in Buffalo, NY and return the same day?
@usa2canada2021
Were you able to complete your softlanding? I am in a similar situation, I am OINP (Ontario) nominated and would like to do soft landing in Vancouver, BC. Would be really appreciate if you can share your landing experience esp. if you did it in a different province.

Thanks in advance.

Going2Can

Jun 25, 2020
Guys,

Thanks for the updates. After looking at so many success stories, I am feeling confident about soft landing.
Few questions....

1) Did anyone do soft landing into Saskatchewan Province from North Dakota? Specifically Portal, North Dakota Border crossing.
2) I got Canada PR using Saskatchewan PNP, is anyone familiar if I can do soft landing in Buffalo, NY and return the same day?
Hi
Can you please share your experience and any recommendations to follow. I am also going to enter from ND?

I am PNP - EE - O (USA) applicant

Going2Can

Jun 25, 2020
Hello Experts

Has anyone recently did soft landing from North Dakota Border?
Please share your experience and guidance here

We are PNP-EE, from SINP, applicant. Do we need to do soft landing in Saskatchewan only or can we do soft landing in any of the border? this is to complete the landing process and request PR card. We are currently in PPR stage

Thanks

Sep 21, 2020
@usa2canada2021
Were you able to complete your softlanding? I am in a similar situation, I am OINP (Ontario) nominated and would like to do soft landing in Vancouver, BC. Would be really appreciate if you can share your landing experience esp. if you did it in a different province.

Thanks in advance.
No. I did not try to land in different province.
Because after lot of research people suggested not to do, as Visa Officer at border can cause problem. So I decided to postpone my landing.

Sep 21, 2020
Hello Experts

Has anyone recently did soft landing from North Dakota Border?
Please share your experience and guidance here

We are PNP-EE, from SINP, applicant. Do we need to do soft landing in Saskatchewan only or can we do soft landing in any of the border? this is to complete the landing process and request PR card. We are currently in PPR stage

Thanks
Sure. I will post my experience.
As per my research I wouldn't suggest to land in any other province, as it can create unnecessary complication.
My COPR expired this year and then IRCC extended till January next year. So I decided to do landing in October/November this year.

Reactions: Going2Can

MST555

Jun 16, 2021
No. I did not try to land in different province.
Because after lot of research people suggested not to do, as Visa Officer at border can cause problem. So I decided to postpone my landing.
Thank you for the response. I will soft land in Ontario as well.

junkie999

Aug 19, 2019
Can someone confirm if soft landing is still available at the land border since based on the following link its no longer accepted?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired
If you got your COPR, but haven’t landed
If we sent you a COPR, but you haven’t been able to go to one of our offices in Canada to validate it, we’ll contact you to tell you what to do. Use the web form if you need to update your contact information.
You should not travel to a port of entry to validate your COPR. This is not considered essential travel and you won’t be able to validate it this way.
Due to COVID-19, we have a new process to confirm permanent resident status. We don’t need a COPR for this new process if you are in Canada.

MST555

Jun 16, 2021
Can someone confirm if soft landing is still available at the land border since based on the following link its no longer accepted?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired
If you got your COPR, but haven’t landed
If we sent you a COPR, but you haven’t been able to go to one of our offices in Canada to validate it, we’ll contact you to tell you what to do. Use the web form if you need to update your contact information.
You should not travel to a port of entry to validate your COPR. This is not considered essential travel and you won’t be able to validate it this way.
Due to COVID-19, we have a new process to confirm permanent resident status. We don’t need a COPR for this new process if you are in Canada.
This seems old info. You should use this link to check if you can travel:
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

Shackle

May 11, 2019
@junkie999 I thought that clause always existed on the site, didn't it? I am planning on soft landing next week, would be useful to know if somebody did it after June 21.

junkie999

Aug 19, 2019
@junkie999 I thought that clause always existed on the site, didn't it? I am planning on soft landing next week, would be useful to know if somebody did it after June 21.
Oh is that so. I checked that webpage only this week so not sure if this was already the case. But if anyone can confirm they are still able to do soft landing that would be very helpful!

Going2Can

Jun 25, 2020
Sure. I will post my experience.
As per my research I wouldn't suggest to land in any other province, as it can create unnecessary complication.
My COPR expired this year and then IRCC extended till January next year. So I decided to do landing in October/November this year.
hello @newyork2regina,
Did you get a chance to post your experience yet?

Quick question to experts, has anyone done a soft landing with a young child, who is not vaccinated yet ( less than 12 yrs old)?
What process did you follow?
What questions were asked?
Did you quarantine, as a unvaccinated minor is traveling with fully vaccinated adults?