+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Soft landing from US - After EO

dreamer131713

Apr 26, 2021
I tried soft landing last week at Peace bridge but was denied. They are allowing in only if you are coming in to live permanently. Unfortunately, I have to do the car export formality to be allowed to drive in. Please let me know if anyone recently drove in to Canada with own US car without car export-import formalities.

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
I tried soft landing last week at Peace bridge but was denied. They are allowing in only if you are coming in to live permanently. Unfortunately, I have to do the car export formality to be allowed to drive in. Please let me know if anyone recently drove in to Canada with own US car without car export-import formalities.
oh so sorry to hear that. What happened and can you please share the steps and timeline of your landing attempt. we are planning to do the same soft landing in two weeks at windsor border.

When you say you are denied, what happened next? and how did you take a u turn and come back?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
You would have tried with a rental car. The thing is when you drive your own car they expect you to land/move permanently. You can bring your car later once landing is done. That is not a problem. For soft landing, its always suggested to take a rental car. Hope that helps.

Reactions: dreamer131713

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
You would have tried with a rental car. The thing is when you drive your own car they expect you to land/move permanently. You can bring your car later once landing is done. That is not a problem. For soft landing, its always suggested to take a rental car. Hope that helps.
Thanks, is it required to take a rental car? i was actually planning out to take own car after seeing some ppl had success with it. Does it matter whether the car is fully paid off loan or not?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Thanks, is it required to take a rental car? i was actually planning out to take own car after seeing some ppl had success with it. Does it matter whether the car is fully paid off loan or not?
The thing is first of all they do not allow own Cars if you are a permanent resident/about to land. In case if you are bringing your own car they expect you to be ready with export-import papers to be done during landing. If it is a rental car they do not care as you are anyhow going to return it either side. Before they allowed own cars with a Warning(cannot bring own cars unless you import) but may be because of new restrictions in place they are strictly saying NO to it i guess.

Also if you are planning to softland , its highly recommended to try it with a Rental car. Because softlanding is itself not in their rule books. Its totally based on discretion of officers.

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
The thing is first of all they do not allow own Cars if you are a permanent resident/about to land. In case if you are bringing your own car they expect you to be ready with export-import papers to be done during landing. If it is a rental car they do not care as you are anyhow going to return it either side. Before they allowed own cars with a Warning(cannot bring own cars unless you import) but may be because of new restrictions in place they are strictly saying NO to it i guess.

Also if you are planning to softland , its highly recommended to try it with a Rental car. Because softlanding is itself not in their rule books. Its totally based on discretion of officers.
thank you for the detailed response will keep this thing in mind

dreamer131713

Apr 26, 2021
oh so sorry to hear that. What happened and can you please share the steps and timeline of your landing attempt. we are planning to do the same soft landing in two weeks at windsor border.

When you say you are denied, what happened next? and how did you take a u turn and come back?
Well, when they deny, you go to their immigration office, they will hear your side of the story and then respectfully deny and show to the way out for U-turn. You then go through the normal US processing. This was on 23rd April.

listy

May 5, 2021
Hi, does anyone know if its possible to complete this soft landing, assuming they allow it, on a B1/B2 visa. I’ll be in the US with my family and we would like to attempt it but would rather return immediately.

Thanks

Gpsthind

May 8, 2021

Hi,
When are you planning to go?

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
One More ques, Did you book your accommodation yet?
i did book airbnb for 14 days. hopefully they would let me come back so can save few bucks

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
Yes, Best of luck..
hi i did complete the soft landing today at winsdor ambassador bridge and returned same day. total time took was 3 hours, to and fro. mostly i think because of saturday and i went there at lunch time. i will write a detailed post soon