+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal?!

James John

Jul 18, 2014
Hello,
1) My brother wants to apply for a PRTD under the H&C grounds as being removed as a minor. He wants to continue his masters in Canada. My brother is turning 20, on January 21 he is thinking of applying for it on the beginning of January before he turns 20. What are his chances of getting accepted?

2)I want to apply for PR Card renewal since i was granted a PRTD under the H&C grounds as being removed as a minor. How much time would the process almost take?

3) Lets say I got the passport after 4 years, can i give my parents the PR card(sponsor them), and I have a sister that will almost be 13 years old, is it possible to give her a PR card also?

Thank you so much

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

1. Why is he waiting until January? The earlier he applies, the better his chances.

2. Check the processing times on the website.

3. To sponsor your parents, it doesn't matter if you are a citizen or a PR; you must meet the exact same requirements. If you could meet the income requirement for 2017, 2018 and 2019 (which will be at least $60 000 per year), you could apply to sponsor them in 2021.

James John

Jul 18, 2014
Because he has university and if he applied early he might get accepted but he wont be able to leave to canada. What do you think the chances of him getting accepted are?

If i have a PR I can also sponsor them but i need a minimum salary of 60,000 per year? Why did you say you can apply to sponsor them on 2021 why not before?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
James John said:
If i have a PR I can also sponsor them but i need a minimum salary of 60,000 per year? Why did you say you can apply to sponsor them on 2021 why not before?
You need to show 3 years of Canadian tax returns meeting a minimum amount, and wait additional year to receive last income tax notice. So from when your income starts qualifying you can possibly qualify to sponsor parents 4 years later.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
James John said:
Because he has university and if he applied early he might get accepted but he wont be able to leave to canada. What do you think the chances of him getting accepted are?

His chances are alright but no one can say for sure.

As Rob explained, you need to meet the income requirement for 3 years. Also note that your sister will cease to be a dependent when she turns 19. This means that if you don't meet the requirements and get the sponsorship app submitted before that point, your sister will not be included in the app and would have to immigrate independently.

fayella9

Apr 30, 2016
James John said:
Hello,
1) My brother wants to apply for a PRTD under the H&C grounds as being removed as a minor. He wants to continue his masters in Canada. My brother is turning 20, on January 21 he is thinking of applying for it on the beginning of January before he turns 20. What are his chances of getting accepted?

2)I want to apply for PR Card renewal since i was granted a PRTD under the H&C grounds as being removed as a minor. How much time would the process almost take?

3) Lets say I got the passport after 4 years, can i give my parents the PR card(sponsor them), and I have a sister that will almost be 13 years old, is it possible to give her a PR card also?

yo! Made it to CANADA JUST IN TIME FOR UNI! Also typing this so i can get updates on the PR card renewal as same boat as youuu!

Thank you so much