+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hi,

I am planning to send a request letter requesting CIC to expedite my PR card renewal process. I have travel plans also.

Can I send following documents along with my letter. They did not ask me any of these document. I am providing these documents to show my residency in canada. Please advice.
1. Do I need to send ticket copy or iternary will be sufficient?.
2. I have a letter from family doctor, showing all dates of my visit. One letter from dentist.
3. A letter from my son's school that he is attending this school. If there is any format, please post or email me.
4. Bank statements etc....

Thank you

wiatingman

Apr 18, 2010
Hi, i'm new to this form and I find it extremely helpful. Renewing a PR visa? at some point isn't it permanent?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is permanent as long as you meet the residency requirements. When it is time to renew the PR card, if you have had a lot of time outside Canada and they want to double check that you have met the residency requirements, they may take themselves a long time to renew the PR card in which case you will have trouble travelling.

IBM, send all the things that you have. If you still have ticket copies or boarding cards, send them too. If you had a job in Canada during the period, get a statement from your employer saying that you have been working there from date x to date y including telling them the dates you had vacations.

You can send the school letter for your son but it will not really prove that you had residency in Canada during that period, just that your son was in Canada.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
But a newer post in this section of the forum reports that clerks who process PR card renewals are being fired in Sydney, and this will increase waiting times from 18 months to about 24 months.

First, I thought the waiting time was much shorter than 18 months. True?

Second, anyone who wishes to travel within two years of the expiry date of their PR card will have to apply very early, and this process may not go as smoothly as if the PR could accumulate the 730 days in Canada before applying for a renewal.

Geez, if this is true, Canada is getting strangled by its own bureaucracy.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Renewing PR cards has been taking around 2-3 months in the past couple of years so I am not sure where they get these 18 to 24 months. That the time will increase from 3 months to 18 months? I find that hard to believe.

AUH Process

Star Member
Feb 11, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2007
IBM said:
Hi,

My PR renewal application is still pending. I have received a letter from CIC office "Delayed application" and it is with "Client Service Unit
for review". I have applied in October 2009 and received above letter in March 2010.

Has anyone received same type of letter OR in same situation?

Thank you.
Hey IBM, I received that exact same letter. I am curious how long it took you to get it resolved & what other documents they requested from you if any?

melo

Jul 7, 2011
if they gave you an RQ the delay is approximatively 8 to 12 moths to get your file reviewed