PR renewal with Humanitarian & Compassionate (H&C) Grounds - 2022

salahuddin2

May 1, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
18-09-2017
I applied on H&C and not meeting RO requirements. I recently got a letter to collect PR card. I am Based outside Canada

Limerick

Star Member
May 1, 2015
I applied on H&C and not meeting RO requirements. I recently got a letter to collect PR card. I am Based outside Canada
Hi salahuddin,

I applied on H&C from US, application delivered on December 15th 2022. But no AOR yet. Can I ask you when did you apply? Through the attorney?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi salahuddin,

I applied on H&C from US, application delivered on December 15th 2022. But no AOR yet. Can I ask you when did you apply? Through the attorney?
Cautionary Note: @salahuddin2 made the application in 2021 BEFORE the change in the forms requiring a specific declaration the PR is IN Canada in order to make an application for a PR card.

You do not indicate how it is that you "applied on H&C from US" given that the application does not allow this. If you made the application using a lawyer, it would be appreciated if you could share more about what the lawyer said in regards to making an application while the PR is outside Canada. In any event, you should exercise caution making inferences based on the experience being reported by @salahuddin2 as, again, that application pre-dates the changes made in 2022.

Moreover, it appears that @salahuddin2 has only been provisionally issued a PR card, subject to being interviewed during an in-person pick-up. There is insufficient information in the posts to know whether there is a risk @salahuddin2 could be subject to inadmissibility action upon arrival at a Port-of-Entry, or as to the nature and scope of inquiry that may be encountered in the interview attendant in-person card pick-up.

It will be very much appreciated if you will update the forum about how this goes . . . both at the Port-of-Entry during your return to Canada, and the in-person card pick-up. Thank you.

Limerick

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Cautionary Note: @salahuddin2 made the application in 2021 BEFORE the change in the forms requiring a specific declaration the PR is IN Canada in order to make an application for a PR card.

You do not indicate how it is that you "applied on H&C from US" given that the application does not allow this. If you made the application using a lawyer, it would be appreciated if you could share more about what the lawyer said in regards to making an application while the PR is outside Canada. In any event, you should exercise caution making inferences based on the experience being reported by @salahuddin2 as, again, that application pre-dates the changes made in 2022.

Moreover, it appears that @salahuddin2 has only been provisionally issued a PR card, subject to being interviewed during an in-person pick-up. There is insufficient information in the posts to know whether there is a risk @salahuddin2 could be subject to inadmissibility action upon arrival at a Port-of-Entry, or as to the nature and scope of inquiry that may be encountered in the interview attendant in-person card pick-up.

It will be very much appreciated if you will update the forum about how this goes . . . both at the Port-of-Entry during your return to Canada, and the in-person card pick-up. Thank you.
Thank you doenabill,

Last edited:

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Thank you doenabill, onion my friend also applied from US under H&C he got AOR in two weeks
If you could, please share how it is that you applied from the U.S. . . . particularly how you checked the box at the beginning of the application, as to whether you are "in Canada" or "outside Canada," and which option you selected in response to question 1.1

Edit to note: the quoted post appears to have been deleted.

Additionally, in contrast to posts here (and in other threads) about making an application for a PR card based on H&C, just this past December, while OUTSIDE Canada, same forum participant posted having applied for and getting new PR cards in late 2021.

See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-new-renewal-processing-timeline-2021.724984/page-208#post-9834723 where the following was posted:

Might be helpful to anyone... below is my timeline (PR Renewal)

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 11, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 16, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 16, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 22, 2021.
PR cards received today 11/25/2021.
All the best
Conclusion: anecdotal reports need to be approached with caution.

Last edited:

dowusu

Jan 11, 2023
Hello,
I received this job offer letter yesterday. i need assistance to know if it is truth.
Dear Atta Owusu David

CONGRATULATIONS!

This is to notify that Oma Oil Canada appointed you for a job offer in
Windsor, Canada, and has been ordered to appear in the office on
March. 29th, 2023 or before, as a potential employee, Oma OIL has
made available a place to stay in the company's accommodation during
your stays in Canada.

We congratulate you once again, as we send you an appointment letter, all documents that will improve the efficiency in acquiring the approval of your work permit will be sent immediately to the Canadian embassy contact the VFS GLOBAL for express traveling approval of Canadian tourist Visa documents, considering the documents that you may be required to present before the Canada Embassy and the nature of
interview that you might face, the time and Visa delay, which might not be all that favorable to you now because of COVID , thereby resulting to refusal of the visa to you.

We have established a responsible cordial
relationship with the Embassy for fast approval of working visas to our selected applicants without delay and long visa protocol.

The attachment are the ADMINISTRATION OF APPOINTMENT LETTER, which must be downloaded, signed and send the copies to the Canadian Visa Email address below with YOUR valid PASSPORT COPY, one to our email for future reference.

This will prove that you are from OMA OIL and all necessary help should be available to you.

Forward the attached documents to the email address below.

EMAIL: biometricenquiry@omaoilcompany.online

HERE IS THE CONTACT OF THE CANADA VISA REPRESENTATIVE BIOMETRIC VFS GLOBAL

Whatsapp: +1 (551) 353-0811

Address: VFS Global Canada

Once again we wish you success. Hope that this will be the beginning of
a long and successful career with us.

You are required to contact us in case of any clarifications. Any
clarification sent outside the Inquiry Office will not be treated and
clarified,

Regards.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,
I received this job offer letter yesterday. i need assistance to know if it is truth.

Windsor, Canada

This is almost certainly a scam - and I warn, this looks like a quite elaborate one (it took me some digging to confirm to me that i wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole).

Apart from referring to a toronto stock exchange listing that does not exist, the thing that confirmed to me?

Registrar of the company's email domain is in Nigeria. I assume you're also in Africa, be warned this looks like very well targetted to Africans looking for work in Canada.

(Note it lists for all of its board of directors members of a real Hong Kong group, that group also does not show anything for Oma Oil company.)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
Dear Atta Owusu David

CONGRATULATIONS!

Windsor, Canada, and has been ordered to appear in the office on
March. 29th, 2023 or before, as a potential employee, Oma OIL has
made available a place to stay in the company's accommodation during
your stays in Canada.

We congratulate you once again, as we send you an appointment letter, all documents that will improve the efficiency in acquiring the approval of your work permit will be sent immediately to the Canadian embassy contact the VFS GLOBAL for express traveling approval of Canadian tourist Visa documents, considering the documents that you may be required to present before the Canada Embassy and the nature of
interview that you might face, the time and Visa delay, which might not be all that favorable to you now because of COVID , thereby resulting to refusal of the visa to you.

We have established a responsible cordial
relationship with the Embassy for fast approval of working visas to our selected applicants without delay and long visa protocol.

The attachment are the ADMINISTRATION OF APPOINTMENT LETTER, which must be downloaded, signed and send the copies to the Canadian Visa Email address below with YOUR valid PASSPORT COPY, one to our email for future reference.

This will prove that you are from OMA OIL and all necessary help should be available to you.

Forward the attached documents to the email address below.

Whatsapp: +1 (551) 353-0811

Address: VFS Global Canada

Once again we wish you success. Hope that this will be the beginning of
a long and successful career with us.

You are required to contact us in case of any clarifications. Any
clarification sent outside the Inquiry Office will not be treated and
clarified,

Regards.
This is a scam.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Registrar of the company's email domain is in Nigeria. I assume you're also in Africa, be warned this looks like very well targetted to Africans looking for work in Canada.
The menu sub-heading JOB CONFIRMATION is also a tip that this is a scam, and notice that this link is to another unrelated site with a country code in ... Gabon.

Yep, scam.

Ped1994

Star Member
May 24, 2022
may I ask when did you apply that you recently got the letter for collection?
I am in the same boat, waiting for the letter

salahuddin2

May 1, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
18-09-2017
Hello gusy... i also applied on H&C, without meeting RO, and i was staying outside canada. SO i entered via US border into canada.
i got the PR card renewed for 1 year but also reported as inadmissible under section 44(1) due to no complying to RO obligations.

as per my lawyer.. i should stay here for 1 year ... and then repply for PR .. and chances are that i will get 5 years PR after that... she told me once i get the 5 year pR card again then the report to minister is meaningless and gets waived off.... is that right ?
- Can some one guide.. what are the issues when you have 1 year PR but also reported as inadmissible ?
- can i still avail health benefits ?
- will i face issues from employers in searching the jobs