+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal with Humanitarian & Compassionate (H&C) Grounds - 2022

mrehanali

Apr 15, 2022
Hi,
Has anybody applied for PR renewal with Humanitarian & Compassionate (H&C) Grounds due to not meeting residency obligations?
Please share your experience.

I have applied in November 2021 through an immigration lawyer and the application status is still "In Process".

Any idea of a timeline for such applications with H&C grounds?

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Has anybody applied for PR renewal with Humanitarian & Compassionate (H&C) Grounds due to not meeting residency obligations?

I have applied in November 2021 through an immigration lawyer and the application status is still "In Process".

Thanks!
Are you in Canada or outside Canada? It is fairly rare for people to apply for PR card renewal based on H&C reasons. If people are able to enter Canada without being reported it is advised to remain in Canada for 2 years and the apply for PR card renewal and not apply for PR card renewal based on H&C. What are your grounds for H&C and how much time have you spent in Canada after receiving PR? How much time have you spent in Canada in the past 5 years?

hbc

May 11, 2022
Hi,

Thanks!
Did you hear anything back? I am in same situation. Can you share details of your lawyer? consultant? Thx

vjdua

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Hi,

Thanks!
talk to me or DM on whatsapp 9560924848 (Indian number)

mrehanali

Apr 15, 2022
Are you in Canada or outside Canada? It is fairly rare for people to apply for PR card renewal based on H&C reasons. If people are able to enter Canada without being reported it is advised to remain in Canada for 2 years and the apply for PR card renewal and not apply for PR card renewal based on H&C. What are your grounds for H&C and how much time have you spent in Canada after receiving PR? How much time have you spent in Canada in the past 5 years?
I need to travel out of Canada after PR card expires. So I need to have a valid travel document to re-enter Canada. I have spent only 3-4 months in the past 5 years due to some family matter back home.

ustocanada49

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
I need to travel out of Canada after PR card expires. So I need to have a valid travel document to re-enter Canada. I have spent only 3-4 months in the past 5 years due to some family matter back home.
Did they allow you to enter Canada with just 3-4 months left on your PR and did not report to IRCC? Is this your first PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What is the possibility to expedite the PR renewal process? What other options are available to travel back to Canada with expired PR?
If you have applied for PR renewal through H&C, you should assume that expedite processing is not possible and your application will take longer to process since you don't meet the residency requirement and have requested H&C consideration.

If your PR card is expired, then you really have two options for entering Canada. The first is to apply for a PR Travel Document from outside of Canada. However this is not guaranteed to work if you don't meet the residency requirement. The other option is to fly to the US and then re-enter Canada through a land border using your expired PR card. Overall, if you are applying to renew your PR card under H&C, it's not recommended to leave Canada.

Ped1994

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Hi,

Thanks!
Hi, did you get any answer to your application?