+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Query

mohankumar

Feb 10, 2015
Hi all,

Our family got PR on April, 2016. I was working in Canada till Mar, 2019 and met the residency obligations for my PR Renewal and moved back to India owing to my health conditions. While my family they moved out after a year (health issues, 2nd child birth) and we all are planning to come back by August, 2020.My question here is:

1. Will there be a problem in getting their PR renewed?
2. When they enter next year, will they be stopped by CBSA for not meeting the residency obligations?
3. Will they loose their PR status?

Thanks,
AMK.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

Our family got PR on April, 2016. I was working in Canada till Mar, 2019 and met the residency obligations for my PR Renewal and moved back to India owing to my health conditions. While my family they moved out after a year (health issues, 2nd child birth) and we all are planning to come back by August, 2020.My question here is:

1. Will there be a problem in getting their PR renewed?
2. When they enter next year, will they be stopped by CBSA for not meeting the residency obligations?
3. Will they loose their PR status?

Thanks,
AMK.
If they don't meet the RO, yes, they can be reported upon entry by CBSA and end up losing PR status.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
On the date of returning ask this question to each one of them. Have they lived in Canada for 2 years within the last 5 years? If yes, they are maintaining RO and will not face any further questions. If no, they can be reported upon entry by CBSA and end up losing PR status.

Also, is their PR card expired on the date of return? If so they will have to apply for PRTD beforehand.

mohankumar

Feb 10, 2015
Their PR card is not expired yet. All of ours will expire May, 2021. If we come to Canada say by April/May 2020, will that give enough time for them to continue having their PR Status?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Their PR card is not expired yet. All of ours will expire May, 2021. If we come to Canada say by April/May 2020, will that give enough time for them to continue having their PR Status?
You said they stayed for a year already, right? So they have roughly 365 days of presence.

You simply need to count the days between the day you plan to return and April 2021. Add those days to the days they've already spent in Canada. If this number is over 730, they will have maintained their RO and you will have no issues.

It's not related to your PR card expiry date - it's five years from the day you landed as a PR (April 2016). Every day matters so make sure you calculate accurately.