+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal online - return reason "Incomplete application".

nagarjunsagi

Jul 20, 2019
Hi all,

I submitted by PR renewal application online (2023/02/22).
On a random status check today, I was surprised to see the return reason as - "Incomplete application".
There is no further information regarding the return reason and no clue with next steps.

Did anyone underwent the same situation with online PR renewal process? if so, please help me with next steps.

Thanks.

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Hi all,

On a random status check today, I was surprised to see the return reason as - "Incomplete application".
There is no further information regarding the return reason and no clue with next steps.

Did anyone underwent the same situation with online PR renewal process? if so, please help me with next steps.

Thanks.
Hey - I submitted in Feb 18th and got the same last week. Another person I know submitted Feb 15th and got the same return reason but today it disappeared.

Are you able to click the view button? If not… Its a glitch in their system… it should go away eventually.

Poojster

Mar 30, 2023
Yes the same happened to me as well! I applied on 25/02 and yesterday I saw the incomplete application status but with no other additional info. Not sure what to do though! I’m hoping it’ll change in a couple of days or we may get more info?!

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Hi all,

Thanks.
The same thing happened to me, I rechecked my application times I could not find anything missing or incomplete I was going crazy, and then Resumbitted it again without any changes, it's been a week no updates yet

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Yes the same happened to me as well! I applied on 25/02 and yesterday I saw the incomplete application status but with no other additional info. Not sure what to do though! I’m hoping it’ll change in a couple of days or we may get more info?!
Are you able to click the view button? If so - someone had mentioned once they clicked into their photo to edit they saw a message there.

Last edited:

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Hi all,

Thanks.
I am in the same situation, submitted PR renewal application online on Feb 25th and today when checked saw the Return reason as 'Incomplete application' but status still says 'Submitted'.

I am not able to click on the 'View' button as it is greyed out and haven't received any emails.

What action are you guys taking? Calling the IRCC Call Centre or submitting a query through the IRCC Webform?

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
I am in the same situation, submitted PR renewal application online on Feb 25th and today when checked saw the Return reason as 'Incomplete application' but status still says 'Submitted'.

I am not able to click on the 'View' button as it is greyed out and haven't received any emails.

What action are you guys taking? Calling the IRCC Call Centre or submitting a query through the IRCC Webform?
I’ve done both… no response to my webform but when I called agent advised they are currently working on Jan 27th applications so there is no way they are on Feb 18th (my submission date) yet. From other posts on this forum people have mentioned it eventually disappears when they actually start processing your application… I am just waiting it out for now.

Pinkesh1988

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
I faced the same issue. Exactly after one month after submission, I got a status update saying returned because of an incomplete application. But no reason was specified so I submitted the same application again. Now status is Submitted, but the reason still was incomplete application. Hopefully, it will go away. It is crazy, they can deploy such a glitch system and put applicants in a panic state.

Poojster

Mar 30, 2023
I’ve done both… no response to my webform but when I called agent advised they are currently working on Jan 27th applications so there is no way they are on Feb 18th (my submission date) yet. From other posts on this forum people have mentioned it eventually disappears when they actually start processing your application… I am just waiting it out for now.
No the view button is greyed out so I can't click on it!
Are you able to click the view button? If so - someone had mentioned once they clicked into their photo to edit they saw a message there.
No its greyed out completely so not able to click on it! I am going to wait this week else I will try to follow up with IRCC!!

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
No the view button is greyed out so I can't click on it!

No its greyed out completely so not able to click on it! I am going to wait this week else I will try to follow up with IRCC!!
Soo someone that had submitted feb 1st just received their card in the mail while the portal still has a return reason.. honestly the portal is a joke. I am just going to wait it out and hope mine shows up in my mailbox in the next 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: abhishek_89

Poojster

Mar 30, 2023
LOL! Why am I not surprised...thanks for the update!

I will keep my eyes peeled at my mailbox - physical & virtual for any updates..haha!

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023

The return reason disappeared for me today!

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018

Tauseefraza

Apr 9, 2023
Hi-
I also submitted online application for my pr card renewal and it says without any reason incomplete application. When I enquired about that on contact centre they said they are processing last week Jan applications which is strange so just want to check should I wait for this glitch to over by itself or should I resubmit my application. If I have to wait how long should I wait. Pls advise if any faced the same situation. Thanks