+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal for Family Only - Need urgent help!

omqtcad

Sep 18, 2014
Hi,

Firstly many thanks in advance to all the great people out there helping each other.

I am into a situation and need urgent help from all you folks out there.

My family has been living here for last 3 years and have already met the residency obligation for PR renewal (lived in Canada for more than 730 days) but I joined them late and still have only completed 500 days. All of our PR cards have expired and I was thinking to ONLY renew once I will also have passed 730 days which is at least 8 months more from now (July 2020). However, we have a problem back home as my father in law isn't well and my wife has to travel. Her card is expired so I need to renew it before she travels.

I wanted to ask if I only renew the card for my family and NOT FOR MYSELF - would it create a problem for me. Would the immigration guys ask where am I? As I came into the country with them, living in Canada now with them (sharing the same physical address) but didn't apply for renewal.. would this ring an alarm and they would question my file and case?

Look forward to hearing from all of you. TIA.

Rel23

Nov 8, 2019
Your family members can renew with no problem if they met the RO. You don't have to renew together even though you live or came together. That's a good plan to renew when you finally meet your RO. A lot of people renew their PR card anyways like years after it expired so you'll be fine.

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hi,

Firstly many thanks in advance to all the great people out there helping each other.

I am into a situation and need urgent help from all you folks out there.

My family has been living here for last 3 years and have already met the residency obligation for PR renewal (lived in Canada for more than 730 days) but I joined them late and still have only completed 500 days. All of our PR cards have expired and I was thinking to ONLY renew once I will also have passed 730 days which is at least 8 months more from now (July 2020). However, we have a problem back home as my father in law isn't well and my wife has to travel. Her card is expired so I need to renew it before she travels.

I wanted to ask if I only renew the card for my family and NOT FOR MYSELF - would it create a problem for me. Would the immigration guys ask where am I? As I came into the country with them, living in Canada now with them (sharing the same physical address) but didn't apply for renewal.. would this ring an alarm and they would question my file and case?

Look forward to hearing from all of you. TIA.
Hi any updates on your situation?