+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR RENEWAL - DECISION MADE

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Dear All,
I refer to the thread of my case wherein I recd an email (about 6 months back) that a decision has been made favourably and that my card has been selected for a physical pick-up and that they will send an intimation about the pick up timing and other details. However, I have not recd any intimation until now.

With covid becoming very daunting now in Canada, I am thinking of the following approach - Can my son, who is in Canada (I am outside now), speak to IRCC with all my references (of course not as me !) and then request the IRCC to consider sending the card to my address in Canada ?

Will this work and how will IRCC respond to such a call by my son ?

Thanks.

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
Hello Guys,

Its been 3 Weeks since IRCC received my application for Renewing my PR card.

However I still do not see any information in ECAS.

Is that normal?

Thank You,
Ritvik Singh

k1a2t

Apr 15, 2020
Hello Guys,

Its been 3 Weeks since IRCC received my application for Renewing my PR card.

However I still do not see any information in ECAS.

Is that normal?

Thank You,
Ritvik Singh

Yes, it is normal! I only could see my info online after 3 months. However, they are now much faster, you'll receive an email and after that you can also see your info online.

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
In spite of passage of considerable (even after factoring Covid challenges, at least as I infer), I have not heard anything from the IRCC on either the despatch of my PR Card (renewal) nor any letter or intimation of instructions on what I should do next. My repeated webform enquiries are also being responded in a tangential manner without directly addressing what I am aksing for !! What can be done by me now ?

Is there anyway to know whether a renewed PR card is being posted by IRCC or the applicant is being aksed to present himself/herself personally ? Is there any cirteria being adopted by IRCC to choose the option ?

Would be thankful for the veiws...

OluwaT

Star Member
Oct 2, 2020
In spite of passage of considerable (even after factoring Covid challenges, at least as I infer), I have not heard anything from the IRCC on either the despatch of my PR Card (renewal) nor any letter or intimation of instructions on what I should do next. My repeated webform enquiries are also being responded in a tangential manner without directly addressing what I am aksing for !! What can be done by me now ?

Is there anyway to know whether a renewed PR card is being posted by IRCC or the applicant is being aksed to present himself/herself personally ? Is there any cirteria being adopted by IRCC to choose the option ?

Would be thankful for the veiws...
Hello chella99,
Have you heard anything yet from IRCC, I have been follow our trend as I am in the same situation. I am waiting for a pick up letter or email. Nothing yet since September when my status changed to decison made.
Please let me know if there is any update for you.

Thanks

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Dear All,

There is absolutely no response from IRCC and I am really exasperated since more than 2 years have passed. Even accounting for Covid blues, this is an exceptionally delayed timeframe.

At my first web enquiry in Sep 2020, IRCC had sent a email which I had quoted verbatim earlier. In essence, it stated that your application has been approved and that we will communicate with you on documents to be brought in for a pickup. Since then, I have not received any mail or email from IRCC.

In response to my webform enquiry just a few days back, they have replied that the info given by me is not adequate. I was quite zapped as I had given everything. I feel sometimes, too much of the autopilot mode is dangerous and prevents the officials from seeing more closely the unique circumstances of each case.

Also, I wish to know whether I can apply independently for PRTD, even before receiving any intimation from IRCC or should I essentially wait for the email/mail from IRCC. If I succeed in getting the PRTD, I can reach Canada and possibly meet IRCC officials. Do you think this is possible ? Can I authorize anyone else in writing to pick up the card, on my behalf ? In such a case, what will be the documentation, process, time frame, etc. etc. ?

I am requesting all, as to what should I do now and how can I get the matter resolved with IRCC, one way or the other.

Thanks and regards.

Chellamani

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Dear All,

After great difficulty and trying a lot, I spoke a couple of days back with IRCC.

I was quite shocked by what they told me. IRCC rep told me that my file was shifted to Hamilton Office as early as March 2020. But due to pandemic and other reasons, he said that no one processed it further.

He said that now that things are better, IRCC may start processing and send me an email. He also said that my card has been earmarked for a physical pickup. Then I asked, whether due to pandemic, you can send the card to my residence by post. He said that the process cannot be changed. Since my case is somewhat different and difficult (due to non fulfillment of residency obligations), it seems while they call me, they may ask a few tough questions. BTW, in response to a webform enquiry in Sep 2020, I recd. a clear response stating that my case has been approved.

I am not sure when IRCC will send the email that it has referred to. Since I am out of Canada, I need to apply for a PRTD, after receiving the referred email.

Would be thankful for any views, ideas and suggestions. Also, most importantly, what sort of ques may be asked when I physically present myself ? What sort of documents may be asked for ? Also, will the decision be subject to the review of the documents and the interview, when I will be called in for the pickup ?

Thanks in advance...

Chellamani

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
I refer to my last post and would be quite thankful for the valuable views fro veteran memebrs .... Thanks

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
I wish to update on the status of my PR Card renewal.:

After great difficulty, I spoke to IRCC . One gentleman answered well and said clearly that, since over 1 year, my file is with the Hamilton Office and due to pandemic no one can done anything. I was really zapped. Even factoring for the pandemic, how can some file be held and not cleared (one way or the other) for over 1 year ?? I just fail to understand.

In an earlier email on Sept 2, 2020 (one year earlier !!) , they said that my card has been earmarked for a physical pickup and that I should wait for an email. That email has still not been received. Since I am out of Canada, should I apply for a PRTD or wait for the aforesaid email ? I perceive some risk in applying for a PRTD card. So I am in an absolute dilemma as to what to do.

Incidentally, by now the entire processing timeframe for my case has now reached 27 months !! Is there any other serious issue like they would have lost or misplaced my file ??

Some hints and advice from the members of this forum will be extremely helpful. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

After great difficulty, I spoke to IRCC . One gentleman answered well and said clearly that, since over 1 year, my file is with the Hamilton Office and due to pandemic no one can done anything. I was really zapped. Even factoring for the pandemic, how can some file be held and not cleared (one way or the other) for over 1 year ?? I just fail to understand.

In an earlier email on Sept 2, 2020 (one year earlier !!) , they said that my card has been earmarked for a physical pickup and that I should wait for an email. That email has still not been received. Since I am out of Canada, should I apply for a PRTD or wait for the aforesaid email ? I perceive some risk in applying for a PRTD card. So I am in an absolute dilemma as to what to do.

Incidentally, by now the entire processing timeframe for my case has now reached 27 months !! Is there any other serious issue like they would have lost or misplaced my file ??

Some hints and advice from the members of this forum will be extremely helpful. Thanks.
Most discussions on these topics are in the Permanent Residency Obligation section of the forum. I would recommend you joint discussions there rather than posting in this section of the forum which is US specific.

OluwaT

Star Member
Oct 2, 2020

I was in the same boat only that mine took 15 months. I will suggest that you apply for prtd with multiple entry now because when they send you an email for pick up you would only have 2 weeks before the pick up date which may not be able to get your PRTD sorted by then. I had to apply for a multiple entry prtd so that whenever they called me I would be able to go at the appointment date and time. I have picked up my card now without any issues.

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Thanks a lot OluwaT..

BTW, when we apply for PRTD, should we send the original passport along with it ? Or IRCC will process and then advise us to send the passport ? I am not sure and if you can let me know please.. Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Have you been in Canada for 730 days in the last 5 years (August 30/2016-August 30/2021)?

OluwaT

Star Member
Oct 2, 2020
Thanks a lot OluwaT..

BTW, when we apply for PRTD, should we send the original passport along with it ? Or IRCC will process and then advise us to send the passport ? I am not sure and if you can let me know please.. Thanks.
You send your passport with it.