+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Application Queries

karens

Jul 15, 2017
Hi all, good morning
I would like to ask 3 Queries on the PR-Renewal Form (Version June 2022)
Form download link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/imm5444.html

1st Query
Under the '3-Immigration History' section, then ask us if we ever received a Travel-Document or PRTD
I have not received any of those 2 till date.
So shall I leave that question blank ??

2nd Query
Under the '5.5 Time Spent Outside Canada' section, they ask us B. if we travelled with a Canadian Citizen (or) C. if we accompanied a PR who is your spouse and who is employed on full time basis.
I did go on a vacation with my Husband (Spouse) and he is a PR but he is not employed.
And my child (Canadian Citizen) also accompanied us during our vacation.
So shall I just select the 'Others' option ??

3rd Query
Under the '8-Consent and Declaration' section, it asks us if we are under 14, then my parent certifies it.
Since this is filled for myself and my husband, so shall we leave this question as blank ??

Please can someone help me on the same.

Thank you all in advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1st Query
Under the '3-Immigration History' section, then ask us if we ever received a Travel-Document or PRTD
I have not received any of those 2 till date.
So shall I leave that question blank ??
Yes.

2nd Query
Under the '5.5 Time Spent Outside Canada' section, they ask us B. if we travelled with a Canadian Citizen (or) C. if we accompanied a PR who is your spouse and who is employed on full time basis.
I did go on a vacation with my Husband (Spouse) and he is a PR but he is not employed.
And my child (Canadian Citizen) also accompanied us during our vacation.
I would put 'other' as for vacation (which it was). The 'accompanying' would hypothetically count the days abroad with your spouse, BUT would almost certainly make the processing longer and likely be declined as not meeting the intent or requirements of the accompanying provision.

Far better to not even attempt it, instead ensure that you have enough days physically in Canada.

3rd Query
Under the '8-Consent and Declaration' section, it asks us if we are under 14, then my parent certifies it.
Since this is filled for myself and my husband, so shall we leave this question as blank ??
Yes, or you could write N/A.

Reactions: karens

EveM

Nov 27, 2017
I have been having trouble filling out the new PR renewal form as well. They just changed it in July and so far are posting no guide and the site says they are in the process of producing the guide. I had started doing my PR renewal with the old form without any problem, then they switched to the new form. I had the same Queries as you. Thank you @armoured.
Another question for armoured,
Under the consent and declaration section, would it be ok to write N/A by hand or leave the tick box blank. Should N/A also be written in the parent consent box, as well?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have been having trouble filling out the new PR renewal form as well. They just changed it in July and so far are posting no guide and the site says they are in the process of producing the guide. I had started doing my PR renewal with the old form without any problem, then they switched to the new form. I had the same Queries as you. Thank you @armoured.
Another question for armoured,
Under the consent and declaration section, would it be ok to write N/A by hand or leave the tick box blank. Should N/A also be written in the parent consent box, as well?
I do not know. You're just going to have to make your best judgment decision