+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal (Application for Travel Document)

APL_canada

Sep 14, 2018
I am writing this post to ask about the possibility of PR renewal of my family.

We are a family of three (my wife ,our 9-year old son and myself). We got our PR in 2010 but our PR cards expired in June 2015. We stayed in Canada around 6 months during this 5-year period and accordingly we were unable to renew our PR cards.
Concerning the presentation of a humanitarian case in order to appeal after applying for travel document, I would like to inform about our situation during the period of time since our PR card expiration date (Valid from 2010 to 2015).

I tried to find a job position or even start a new business in Canada during that time. My wife, my brother in-law (citizen of Canada) and I registered a company in 2010. I bought a house in 2011 and sold it in 2014.

My wife was accepted as a PhD student on Feb 2013 in our native country and started to work on her new position and during this time I worked in the same University as well as in a research center aimed to prevent road traffic accident which a serious problem in our country and I have joined a health project with a Canadian university recently.

My parents in-law have recently got their immigration visas and are preparing to move to Canada to reunite with their son.

My son is 9 years old and he is emotionally dependent to his grandparents. We are deeply concerned about his future because of economic and political instability in our country.

I would be grateful if you could inform me if our case can fulfil a humanitarian and compassionate case so we can proceed.

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016

We are a family of three (my wife ,our 9-year old son and myself). We got our PR in 2010 but our PR cards expired in June 2015. We stayed in Canada around 6 months during this 5-year period and accordingly we were unable to renew our PR cards.
Concerning the presentation of a humanitarian case in order to appeal after applying for travel document, I would like to inform about our situation during the period of time since our PR card expiration date (Valid from 2010 to 2015).

I tried to find a job position or even start a new business in Canada during that time. My wife, my brother in-law (citizen of Canada) and I registered a company in 2010. I bought a house in 2011 and sold it in 2014.

My wife was accepted as a PhD student on Feb 2013 in our native country and started to work on her new position and during this time I worked in the same University as well as in a research center aimed to prevent road traffic accident which a serious problem in our country and I have joined a health project with a Canadian university recently.

My parents in-law have recently got their immigration visas and are preparing to move to Canada to reunite with their son.

My son is 9 years old and he is emotionally dependent to his grandparents. We are deeply concerned about his future because of economic and political instability in our country.

I would be grateful if you could inform me if our case can fulfil a humanitarian and compassionate case so we can proceed.
Apply for a PRTD, or if you are able to travel through US, try land crossing, and see what happens. Not likely to be successful if you are reported.

Understand difficulties in finding jobs (took me months...), but why go through all the hassle of applying if you aren't going to stick it out.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

From your narrative, your chances of getting a PRTD based on H&C reasons are, I suspect, virtually zero.
Six months residency in over eight years doesn't show any real connection to Canada, and your lifestyle choices are not compelling H&C material.

Either try to cross the USA land border or apply for the PRTD but don't hold out too much hope of retaining your PR status...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you so much for your reply. What about our son? Does he have any chance to get back his PR?
As it will be many years before he is able to return to Canada independently, it's impossible to say what will be allowed then, assuming that he doesn't lose his PR status at the same time as you.