+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal 2018

Kiksumu

Apr 21, 2018
Does anyone know if sometimes your application can be processed in less time than what it’s written on the CIC website? Because I am traveling in July and I am afraid my PR won’t be back in time if I sent my application now!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Reactions: Kiksumu

Kiksumu

Apr 21, 2018
For me it’s renewing only. But I saw on the website it says they are processing application received on January 9th. Idk how accurate that information is but i’ll stay optimistic

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife is filling out an Application form for PR card renewal. I was wondering if there is an example somewhere that can be used? We have read the guide and are still not clear on some things.

Particularly I am wondering if for dates you can put to PRESENT or if I should just leave the (To) date blank, if you are still currently employed or attending school

Also if you are taking part time classes, can I put the date classes start till present, or should I enter each semester? and in this case does chronological order go by date started or date completed?

If you need more room it says to print off another page, does this mean print two application forms and fill in the appropriate boxes, indicate NA for everything else, and attach to your application?

Im a little paranoid about getting the application sent back if it is filled in incorrectly as we want to travel early next year. I know how strict the PR application was.

hargobinder

Oct 30, 2012
My wife is filling out an Application form for PR card renewal. I was wondering if there is an example somewhere that can be used? We have read the guide and are still not clear on some things.

Particularly I am wondering if for dates you can put to PRESENT or if I should just leave the (To) date blank, if you are still currently employed or attending school

Also if you are taking part time classes, can I put the date classes start till present, or should I enter each semester? and in this case does chronological order go by date started or date completed?

If you need more room it says to print off another page, does this mean print two application forms and fill in the appropriate boxes, indicate NA for everything else, and attach to your application?

Im a little paranoid about getting the application sent back if it is filled in incorrectly as we want to travel early next year. I know how strict the PR application was.
Hi ,

look at this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=015&top=4

i hope this will answer your question , even i put the date when i signed the application inside the TO field . Also i called cic representative to confirm the question and he said you can write "Today" or the day current date when you will sign the application.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,

look at this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=015&top=4

i hope this will answer your question , even i put the date when i signed the application inside the TO field . Also i called cic representative to confirm the question and he said you can write "Today" or the day current date when you will sign the application.

Thank you hargobinder, this helps alot.

Did you happen to need more space?

I printed out an extra copy of the same page I needed more space, put NA in all other fields I was not using, and filled in the rest of the missing information on the question I ran out of space on.

I had a lot of education history because sometimes there was about 2 months in between classes.

Was in the work, education history section. Does this sound right?

I also put NA in every available box including date in sections that were not applicable. Do you think that is over excessive?

Last edited:

hargobinder

Oct 30, 2012
Thank you hargobinder, this helps alot.

Did you happen to need more space?

I printed out an extra copy of the same page I needed more space, put NA in all other fields I was not using, and filled in the rest of the missing information on the question I ran out of space on.

I had a lot of education history because sometimes there was about 2 months in between classes.

Was in the work, education history section. Does this sound right?

I also put NA in every available box including date in sections that were not applicable. Do you think that is over excessive?
I did exactly the same thing as you did. Printed extra copy of the same page and filled the appropriate section that require extra space.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013

Wolanila

How are you? Long time since we talked. We also applied for a new PR card as well. We sent ours in and it was received on April 5th. According to the website we should be seeing something in a couple of weeks. Not urgent for us as we are not going overseas till January. Message sometime.