+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Refused

indianguy11

Dec 7, 2019
Hello,

My PR under CEC has been refused. My AOR was 1st Feb and received the refusal letter just now. The reason is - "He did not provide a job descriptions nor were any duties listed on his Express Entry profile". This is true, my job letter was not adequate as per CEC requirements. Can I repeal the decision if I am able to procure a new updated letter now? Or do I have to reapply from the start? Please help @legalfalcon ! I should also probably get in touch with an Immigration Lawyer now. Can anyone please suggest a good firm?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello,

My PR under CEC has been refused. My AOR was 1st Feb and received the refusal letter just now. The reason is - "He did not provide a job descriptions nor were any duties listed on his Express Entry profile". This is true, my job letter was not adequate as per CEC requirements. Can I repeal the decision if I am able to procure a new updated letter now? Or do I have to reapply from the start? Please help @legalfalcon ! I should also probably get in touch with an Immigration Lawyer now. Can anyone please suggest a good firm?
It is your responsibility to file a complete application. There is no appeal process. You can request a reconsideration, which will be refused since you did not meet the criteria.

Also, you can file a judicial review.

Ideally, you should create a profile and enter the pool again.

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hello,

was your eligibility got passed it before?

indianguy11

Dec 7, 2019
was your eligibility got passed it before?
I am not sure. never asked for gcms notes. profile said bg check in progress
It is your responsibility to file a complete application. There is no appeal process. You can request a reconsideration, which will be refused since you did not meet the criteria.

Also, you can file a judicial review.

Ideally, you should create a profile and enter the pool again.
Yes, reapplying again seems like the most straightforward option. A few more questions please,
1. Would it matter if this time my wife is the primary applicant? She can claim points for her job as well.
2. I have BOWP till April '22. That's still valid, right?
3. We plan to re-apply from our home country. Is there any reason why we should apply from within Canada only?

Thanks for your time.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Hello,

I would strongly recommend that you reapply. I got my CEC application refusal in May 2021 and I submitted a reconsideration request but the file has not been reopened yet. It's just a waste of time.

Reactions: indianguy11

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
@indianguy11 In your gcms was the eligibility passed or anytime you spoke to an agent in regards to your eligibility as you waited for 8 months did any time you contacted so that you could have corrected all those details

indianguy11

Dec 7, 2019
@indianguy11 In your gcms was the eligibility passed or anytime you spoke to an agent in regards to your eligibility as you waited for 8 months did any time you contacted so that you could have corrected all those details
I only seriously started inquiring in August when the 6 months completed. Before that tried the call centre a few times but to no avail.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Hi Sumit,
Eligibility pass doesn't guarantee that your application will be approved at a later stage. According to GCMS notes, my application got refused after I passed eligibility, that too 9 months after I submitted my application.

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hi Sumit,
Eligibility pass doesn't guarantee that your application will be approved at a later stage. According to GCMS notes, my application got refused after I passed eligibility, that too 9 months after I submitted my application.
agreed, but it would be very rarely I have seen the application got rejected after Eligibility and security have been passed. Sorry, I know you have been unlucky here. Eligibility assessment itself means officers need to assess on all fronts by both the program assistant and senior officer.As per my understanding, Eligligy is only passed by the senior office once it is all reviewed.

Siraj22

Jun 10, 2021
Hi Sumit,
Quick question did your GCMS notes show Final: Approved ? Before you received refusal ?

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
agreed, but it would be very rarely I have seen the application got rejected after Eligibility and security have been passed. Sorry, I know you have been unlucky here. Eligibility assessment itself means officers need to assess on all fronts by both the program assistant and senior officer.As per my understanding, Eligligy is only passed by the senior office once it is all reviewed.
I am not sure how that works. Initially, my file was in Ottawa VO where eligibility was cleared then it got transferred to Edmonton VO, where it was refused

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
I am not sure how that works. Initially, my file was in Ottawa VO where eligibility was cleared then it got transferred to Edmonton VO, where it was refused
hmm, I have seen your PR got refused bcoz of NOC mismatch and Job duties. How have you corrected this time?

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
hmm, I have seen your PR got refused bcoz of NOC mismatch and Job duties. How have you corrected this time?
How did you find out? Not NOC mismatch exactly, the officer wasn't convinced that I have 1 year of Canadian Work Experience (which was wrong evaluation on his part, according to the job letter I had more than 1.5 yr experience at the time of my application)
and also he wasn't satisfied with the job letter provided by my employer. ( However, the 1st officer was satisfied with the job letter)

I got a new employment letter with more details that would clear all the doubts and submitted it for reconsideration along with paystubs and T4's for last two years.

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
How did you find out? Not NOC mismatch exactly, the officer wasn't convinced that I have 1 year of Canadian Work Experience (which was wrong evaluation on his part, according to the job letter I had more than 1.5 yr experience at the time of my application)
and also he wasn't satisfied with the job letter provided by my employer. ( However, the 1st officer was satisfied with the job letter)

I got a new employment letter with more details that would clear all the doubts and submitted it for reconsideration along with paystubs and T4's for last two years.
Oh okay..I just read your older post in other chat group

Reactions: Kumar25