+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR refused? Applied for reconsideration?

arc22

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Hi all,
Did anyone apply for a reconsideration after PR refusal?. What were the time frames and what is the procedure?

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
I had applied for reconsideration and got answer after sendind query three four times through webform and email. They didn't agree to reopen as the mistake was on my side. I will suggest better to reapply along with trying reconsideration. It took almost two months to get reply and was big hassle.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
Did anyone apply for a reconsideration after PR refusal?. What were the time frames and what is the procedure?
If the reason is clearly CICs fault (like asking you for a PCC for a country in which you have never lived or visited), I would definitely apply by submitting a CSE. Most times with 4-6 weeks you will get an email back saying they reopened your case. If the reason is the applicant’s fault, best to wait for another draw and submit another application with the error fixed. Good luck!!

Reactions: arc22

arc22

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
I had applied for reconsideration and got answer after sendind query three four times through webform and email. They didn't agree to reopen as the mistake was on my side. I will suggest better to reapply along with trying reconsideration. It took almost two months to get reply and was big hassle.
I applied for a re consideration and after 3 months got an answer stating that they've reopened my case and will contact me if any additional information is needed. This was 4 days back. Still waiting to hear something and I wanted to know the timeframe/procedure if tjey decided to approve this!

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
That's great, if they have reopened. The procedure will be same and will start from where it had been rejected. example, If eligibility,medical or criminality was clear then security would be pending.

arc22

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
That's great, if they have reopened. The procedure will be same and will start from where it had been rejected. example, If eligibility,medical or criminality was clear then security would be pending.
Thanks bud!

naecruz

Jan 16, 2019
What is the email to request reconsideration?? Do you have any sample email to help as well? I'm losing hope here and I need to send an email to request a reconsideration on my case.

Thanks,

Reactions: Arsh g