+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR query

SurbhiArora

Sep 9, 2019
Hello, I am done with my biometrics for the PR application. I am the dependent applicant, and I had a few questions regarding my application.

1) I am in the US on H4 visa, and my husband is on H1-B. we are planning to move to India next month. We have already submitted the application. I wanted to know if we have/should inform them that we will no longer be staying in the US? Will this affect our application in anyway? While conducting their background checks will it be a problem?

2) What other steps are left once we are done with biometrics?

3) Also, will my PR status be affected if the primary applicant leaves the country after a few months and does not maintain his PR status?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
1. Yes, you should inform. At the latest, you will have to inform them when your receive your passport request.
2. Nothing for you unless they ask for additional documents (unlikely)
3. After you actually land in Canada as PRs, you have to maintain residency obligation, which means live in Canada for 2 years during any 5 year period. If you continuously stay out of Canada for longer than 3 years, you will be at risk of losing PR status.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
To add for (3) The PR Residency obligation is an individual responsibility so if the primary applicant leaves the country there is no impact to the dependants PR status as long as they continue to meet the residency obligation themselves.

SurbhiArora

Sep 9, 2019
How/Where should I inform them about the same?
Also I wanted to know what do they do after taking biometrics?

SurbhiArora

Sep 9, 2019
Hello, is there any other way to tell them? I had used the web form to tell them that I moved. But i got no specific reply for them. I received my passport request.

Also, Can you tell me where/who/whom do i have to send the passport in Canada to? And till when?

Also is there a timeline to claim my PR?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Use the webform to inform them again about your move. Do not send passport to Canada from India. If you are in the US, then you can send it to Canada.